Has Poor Lulu's Ordeal On Strictly Detered Other Female SuperStars Like Joan Collins?

Comments

• IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Is it any wonder as a result that the calibre of celebrity on Strictly Come Dancing is going down year on year now, we already have a baker/candlestick maker lined up for this year, we really could be venturing into the basement of the barrel this time around.
    If you're referring to Paul Hollywood he is a current celebrity not a has been who needed the show to boost her profile. i.e. Lulu.

Does Paul really make candles? I wasn't aware he was so multi talented.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes! Now it is revealed that Paul Hollywood is also a chandler! Naughty Paul; you kept that skill well hidden, didn't you! Whatever shall we discover next? No wonder you have that ever-present twinkle! ;):D
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A candlestick maker too? I thought he was just a baker.

Edible candles - not to be sniffed at?
    http://www.amazon.com/Earthly-Body-Edible-Candle-Strawberry/dp/B001J9NC0G

Sounds a bit like Ian Duncan Smith and his job snobbery to judge people by their profession.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.....Edible candles.....Earthly Body.....Paul Hollywood.....There's a joke there somewhere but I'm not going to make it!
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    idetached wrote: »
    You seriously can't compare the celebs on Celebrity Apprentice USA to what the celebs have to do on SCD or even DWTS in any country. CA celebs mostly sit on their butts to do the challenges, there is not much physical exertion involved. To do CA you just need to suck up to the Donald and know how to cat fight. Plus the money is about the same. There is no glory or respect for doing CA, if you do DWTS or SCD, you get a little respect and job offers for putting yourself out there emotionally and physically.

I was referring to the latest CA series where Sharon Osbourne was off "sick" for several episodes - until a task she fancied came up. And Baseball star Darryl Strawberry walked out as it was too much like hard work for his liking.

Ironically the hardest working celebs were the Rock star, TV sitcom actress, chef and female wrestler.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joan said on Loose Women she has no intention of doing SCD or any reality show . I knew Joan would never go on any reality show . I like Joan but she always has a slight air of superiority about her and such things as reality shows are way beneath her :)
    She does look good though for someone who will be 80 next month, although that fabulous wig does help .

If all grannies looked like Joan ;):eek:

It may still be on iplayer if anyone wants to look.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Joan said on Loose Women she has no intention of doing SCD or any reality show . I knew Joan would never go on any reality show . I like Joan but she always has a slight air of superiority about her and such things as reality shows are way beneath her :)
    She does look good though for someone who will be 80 next month, although that fabulous wig does help .

Let's face it, Joan C doesn't even LIVE in the real world! Heard her on TV once.(think it was The Wright Stuff). I seem to remember they were talking about tax cuts from 50p to 45p for the rich & Joan reckoned that anyone earning £150,000 per annum wasn't at all rich. Affter all, she said, she "couldn't even buy a house for that amount...."

Clearly the idea of anyone raising a family on the average wage of £26,000 (or less) would be quite beyond her understanding.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »

Even if she were thirty years younger, I don't think she'd want to do it, it would involve a lot of work and I don't think that's something she's used to.
    The Cinzano ads with Leonard Rossiter, probably earned her a fortune and look how hard that was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirMZGL-0mQ

Now she's "busy" doing Snickers ads.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joan Collins is 80 next month. Anton might have relished having her as his celeb. but none of the other's would. It's really too bad when over 60's compete so an octogenarian would be unbearable for me.
    We already have one on the show we can't get rid of and that's unbearable enough!! :D
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if she were thirty years younger, I don't think she'd want to do it, it would involve a lot of work and I don't think that's something she's used to.
    The Cinzano ads with Leonard Rossiter, probably earned her a fortune and look how hard that was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirMZGL-0mQ

Now she's "busy" doing Snickers ads.

The lovely Joan Collins has worked extremely hard all her life, she sets an extremely high example to all of us.

If we can't have the lovely Joan on the show I would much rather see her class in the audience than Cheryl hogging the camera time.
  • Kim PKim P Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although she would undoubtably add much needed class and sophistication to the show I doubt Joan could fit the show into her already busy schedule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim P wrote: »
    Although she would undoubtably add much needed class and sophistication to the show I doubt Joan could fit the show into her already busy schedule.

We haven't had much class and sophistication on the show since Anne and Lulu, I agree it's a much needed ingredient that Strictly Come Dancing needs this year, the show deserves better than Bakers and X factor rejects, but as you say Joan is a classy lady that is in constant demand, so the chances of us being able to have her are probably slim, but it is something for us to dream about.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We haven't had much class and sophistication on the show since Anne and Lulu, I agree it's a much needed ingredient that Strictly Come Dancing needs this year, the show deserves better than Bakers and X factor rejects, but as you say Joan is a classy lady that is in constant demand, so the chances of us being able to have her are probably slim, but it is something for us to dream about.

I love you Terry do you make me laugh :-) I have a four year old daughter so I'm used to imaginative folk who live in their own universe.

Seriously I do wonder what planet people who complain about a lack of 'stars' on SCD are on - the SCD line-ups consist of retired sportspeople (usually men but Monkseal's fav Denise Lewis did well - Jade Johnson wasn't retired but she doesn't seem to have done anything sportswise since injurying herself on SCD so I don't think after that anyone not retired would run the risk although SCD did seem to help Ramps extend his career - a friend of mine who unlike me actually follows cricket), soap opera actors of all ages, and breakfast time and daytime tv celebs - sometimes former light entertainment celebs - it was ever thus and ever will be. Personally if Lulu represents the pinnacle of celebs on SCD and her 'rough treatment' has discouraged other 'true stars' - i.e utter divas then frankly we're well shot of them. I kinda like Joan Collins in a way and I'm sure she has worked hard to get where she is but I'm not sure she'd be right for SCD. Even Stephanie Beacham wasn't right for the show and drove Vincent nuts although she was hilarious and in any other year (i.e not gender segregated, in with a lot of very talented or very sympathetic female contestants - she would have survived longer - she was certainly one of the better older lady dancers) so I suppose if Lulu's 'treatment' drove away the likes of future Stephanie Beachams then I'm a bit sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    I love you Terry do you make me laugh :-) I have a four year old daughter so I'm used to imaginative folk who live in their own universe.

Seriously I do wonder what planet people who complain about a lack of 'stars' on SCD are on - the SCD line-ups consist of retired sportspeople (usually men but Monkseal's fav Denise Lewis did well - Jade Johnson wasn't retired but she doesn't seem to have done anything sportswise since injurying herself on SCD so I don't think after that anyone not retired would run the risk although SCD did seem to help Ramps extend his career - a friend of mine who unlike me actually follows cricket), soap opera actors of all ages, and breakfast time and daytime tv celebs - sometimes former light entertainment celebs - it was ever thus and ever will be. Personally if Lulu represents the pinnacle of celebs on SCD and her 'rough treatment' has discouraged other 'true stars' - i.e utter divas then frankly we're well shot of them. I kinda like Joan Collins in a way and I'm sure she has worked hard to get where she is but I'm not sure she'd be right for SCD. Even Stephanie Beacham wasn't right for the show and drove Vincent nuts although she was hilarious and in any other year (i.e not gender segregated, in with a lot of very talented or very sympathetic female contestants - she would have survived longer - she was certainly one of the better older lady dancers) so I suppose if Lulu's 'treatment' drove away the likes of future Stephanie Beachams then I'm a bit sad.

It is sad that we are unlikely to see the likes of Stephanie Beachams class on strictly again, the producers have lost so much by their shabby treatment of Lulu, Stephanie will always have a special place in my heart along with the other classy Ladies like Lulu, Anne, Jerry, Felicity, and the other blonde one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is sad that we are unlikely to see the likes of Stephanie Beachams class on strictly again, the producers have lost so much by their shabby treatment of Lulu, Stephanie will always have a special place in my heart along with the other classy Ladies like Lulu, Anne, Jerry, Felicity, and the other blonde one.

"Blulu" was rubbish at ballroom dancing, the show was well rid of her and her self-obsession.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Blulu is nothing but a screechy mare who is famous for one film, one song, catalogue shopping and being married to a Bee Gee. I doubt anyone who is a real superstar even knows about her egotistical stint on Strictly.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Joan Collins 'classy'? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    " Jerry Hall gets an eyeful of Joan Collin’s gigantic jewel "

" Joan was later seen having a great time on the dance floor, twirling effortlessly round her husband Percy Gibson. "

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/415902/Jerry-Hall-gets-an-eyeful-of-Joan-Collin-s-gigantic-jewel

Its great to read in this articale that the lovely Joan has been getting some dancing practice in with her Percy, we may get to see her on Strictly after all. Jerry Hall has probably been giving Joan the heads up on which male pro to stear clear off, its fabulous to see to classy gals getting on so well together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " Jerry Hall gets an eyeful of Joan Collin’s gigantic jewel "

" Joan was later seen having a great time on the dance floor, twirling effortlessly round her husband Percy Gibson. "

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/415902/Jerry-Hall-gets-an-eyeful-of-Joan-Collin-s-gigantic-jewel

Its great to read in this articale that the lovely Joan has been getting some dancing practice in with her Percy, we may get to see her on Strictly after all. Jerry Hall has probably been giving Joan the heads up on which male pro to stear clear off, its fabulous to see to classy gals getting on so well together.

Nothing new there. I think in her time Joan has likely "practiced with several Percys."
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »
    We already have one on the show we can't get rid of and that's unbearable enough!! :D

How very true. I remain hopeful..but.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Blulu is nothing but a screechy mare who is famous for one film, one song, catalogue shopping and being married to a Bee Gee. I doubt anyone who is a real superstar even knows about her egotistical stint on Strictly.

This is so true. Ghastly little bint. Who knew she turn out to be such a pill? Is she 'in obscurity' now? I do hope so.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    This is so true. Ghastly little bint. Who knew she turn out to be such a pill? Is she 'in obscurity' now? I do hope so.

Last seen number 2 on the bill ( to Alvin Stardust ) at Butlins in Minehead :D:D
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Shut it, shrimpy!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Last seen number 2 on the bill ( to Alvin Stardust ) at Butlins in Minehead :D:D

ROFL! So well deserved. And he's not the nicest 'star' either. They'll hate each other :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like Poor Lulu's Ordeal On Strictly has Detered SuperStar Joan Collins, which is a real shame, the lure of a part on 'Benidorm' have seen off any real chance of us seeing the lovely Joan on Strictly Come Dancing this year, perhaps next year.

" Joan Collins spotted looking fabulous on set of sitcom Benidorm "

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/404816/Joan-Collins-spotted-looking-fabulous-on-set-of-sitcom-Benidorm

" Joan Collins laps up the sun as she films more Benidorm scenes for the new series "

Joan Collins laps up the sun as she films more Benidorm scenes for the new series

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2334409/Joan-Collins-laps-sun-films-Benidorm-scenes-new-series.html#ixzz2cuD5pLiK

" Bringing the glam to the Costa Del Sol: Joan Collins with her Benidorm co-star Sherrie Hewson on location in Spain "

" She tweeted: 'Hanging out with @SherrieHewson on the Solana sofa!' "

It really makes you wish you were there.
This discussion has been closed.