Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink.comes to mind. I know a guy who worked in a hotel she stayed at and she was apparently very bratty and quite diva like. That joined with her recent Facebook posts about her show cancellation kinda stoke the bitch fire for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Pink.comes to mind. I know a guy who worked in a hotel she stayed at and she was apparently very bratty and quite diva like. That joined with her recent Facebook posts about her show cancellation kinda stoke the bitch fire for me.

She is the one person I didn't expect/ want to see mentioned on this thread :(
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marilliona wrote: »
    I will agree with this wholeheartedly! I have had the pleasure of meeting Glenn on many occasions (my husband has used the word stalker!:o) and he has ALWAYS been fantastic - very generous with his time, friendly and genuine. Chris Difford is also a gentleman (though I have only met him twice). However, Jools Holland could possibly qualify for Diva status. On the two occasions I met him, I felt like I was inconveniencing him by asking for an autograph and wasting his time. The first time did make me laugh though, as he was then about to leave the gig and couldn't find his glasses. He went into meltdown and was INSTRUCTING us fans to look for them around the carpark - minutes later a roadie brought them out - he'd left them in the loo!
    Did Jools see the funny side?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    Did Jools see the funny side?

No - he stomped off, muttering under his breath. Us minions who had helped the search on the other hand thought it was hilarious!:D:D
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is the one person I didn't expect/ want to see mentioned on this thread :(

She's admitted she can be a bitch. But it's more of a I don't take any crap bitch - lazy, not trying, being mean, sexist, stuck up whatever is going to get a kick up the arse.
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    My sister in law is in Manchester and Anthony Cotton and his friends often come into where she works. the first time she was nervous as she'd heard he wasn't very nice, but she said he's actually quite a polite guy, she's never seen him be nasty even though he gets approached a lot.

She also said some "fans" are very intrusive, shoving themselves in front of him demanding attention. There's definitely two sides to every story.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Murs - cheeky chappie persona - arrogant tw*t in real life
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    Sealeg wrote: »
    My sister in law is in Manchester and Anthony Cotton and his friends often come into where she works. the first time she was nervous as she'd heard he wasn't very nice, but she said he's actually quite a polite guy, she's never seen him be nasty even though he gets approached a lot.

She also said some "fans" are very intrusive, shoving themselves in front of him demanding attention. There's definitely two sides to every story.

I'm really pleased to read this as it's the first positive thing I've heard about him. I can well imagine that there are people who would be very "in his face", given the character he plays in Corrie. He came across really well on All Star Mr & Mrs, okay I know everyone does but I mean quite different to the Sean Tully character. I wonder if he's really quite shy.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I'm really pleased to read this as it's the first positive thing I've heard about him. I can well imagine that there are people who would be very "in his face", given the character he plays in Corrie. He came across really well on All Star Mr & Mrs, okay I know everyone does but I mean quite different to the Sean Tully character. I wonder if he's really quite shy.

:eek: Who was the Mrs for him? :D
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    :eek: Who was the Mrs for him? :D

hahahahaha, okay clearly it was Mr & Mr on that occasion. Lovely couple they made.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,843
    Forum Member
    Simon Bates
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy Connelly - Used to live near my primary school in the 70's in West London. We used to knock on his door and run away for a laugh (as you do), and he would answer and shout something funny and take it all in good humour! Mind you he was probably drinking back then!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »
    Simon Bates

He's not nice? I always thought he came across as the most truly good-natured bloke on Radio One. He always seemed that way on his show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burnside from the Bill - Nice guy, offered to buy me a drink.
    Kevin Rowland from Dexys Midnight Runners - Nice chap, very unassuming.
    Fran Cosgrave - meet at a party...fun guy and down to earth.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Yvette Fielding and her husband are both vile.

I've met both several times - together and individually - and found them both utterly delightful. Karl, in particularly, is very funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    I've met both several times - together and individually - and found them both utterly delightful. Karl, in particularly, is very funny.

I think with all celebs we either catch them on a good day or a bad one. They are only human after all. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norman Cook and Zoe Ball - Really nice and utterly down to earth couple.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,843
    Forum Member
    He's not nice? I always thought he came across as the most truly good-natured bloke on Radio One. He always seemed that way on his show.

Bit of a muck spreader it seems in the books i've read, he had a news background, I beleive he had the tabloids in his pocket, leaked all the R1 / BBC secrets to them. But yes, on air, the housewife's favourite. Now with Smooth Radio
  • Paully_CPaully_C Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    zummigummi wrote: »
    Where is he now? same goes for all the other DiMarco's.

Louise Jameson, who played Beppe and Gianni's momma Rosa Di Marco (with the odd badger-stripe in her hair) is still very busy acting.

She's recently joined the cast of Doc Martin, and appears in theatre right around the country. She's starred in a one-woman show called "Pulling Faces" about a middle-aged actress trying to decide whether to have a facelift or not (which is hilarious and touching). She's also still a regular on the Doctor Who convention circuit, because she was Tom Baker's companion Leela in the 1970s.

She's also one of the loveliest actors it's ever been my pleasure to meet. In my experience, she's always got time to talk to people. A truly lovely lady.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with all celebs we either catch them on a good day or a bad one. They are only human after all. :cool:

You're absolutely right. And on threads like these, we only hear one side of the story. We're not told how aggressively someone thrusts an autograph book under a star's nose. Or did they interrupt them while they were out eating with their family?
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Paully_C wrote: »
    ... She's also still a regular on the Doctor Who convention circuit, because she was Tom Baker's companion Leela in the 1970s.

She's also one of the loveliest actors it's ever been my pleasure to meet. In my experience, she's always got time to talk to people. A truly lovely lady.

I have spoken to her a few times on the Dr Who convention circuit, and I am in complete agreement. I get the firm impression that the only reason she does Dr Who conventions is because she loves them, and has established friendships with some con-goers that go back years. The same applies to a lot of the Original Series cast. The late and much-missed Nicholas Courtney was another such person.

In fact there are rather a lot of Dr Who cast members who fall into this category - there are stories of rather well-known (at least at the time) actors turning up at private houses for mini-conventions, and helping with the washing up. The late Anthony Ainley was known for giving lifts to con-goers if their home happened to be on his route!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy Connelly - Used to live near my primary school in the 70's in West London. We used to knock on his door and run away for a laugh (as you do), and he would answer and shout something funny and take it all in good humour! Mind you he was probably drinking back then!

Connolly was in the news recently for verbally abusing a female photographer at an Irish gig and reducing her to tears. I've often wondered if he is an unpleasant man under the surface....he made a horrible joke about British hostage Ken Bigley and never apologised for it.
  • PoppysocksPoppysocks Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Connolly was in the news recently for verbally abusing a female photographer at an Irish gig and reducing her to tears. I've often wondered if he is an unpleasant man under the surface....he made a horrible joke about British hostage Ken Bigley and never apologised for it.

Having seen him be interviewed recently I think he's not too well :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marilliona wrote: »
    No - he stomped off, muttering under his breath. Us minions who had helped the search on the other hand thought it was hilarious!:D:D

That`s pretty much what I thought you would say!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    You're absolutely right. And on threads like these, we only hear one side of the story. We're not told how aggressively someone thrusts an autograph book under a star's nose. Or did they interrupt them while they were out eating with their family?
    I quite agree. Most celebs you can hear both positive and negative tales about. However, positive Cilla stories are rather thin on the ground