Miranda hart

13»

Comments

• cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    I think she must have some serious dirt on some powerful people, because I have no other answer as to why anyone would buy into her complete and utter, worthless, aged, tiresome act. The shit she is doing started to be unfunny in about 1975. Her whole thing is acting like some low rent american rip off comedy from the 60s. Its everything that is wrong with comedy somehow packaged as a show piece in which idiots, people who vote for dancing gods on television, lap up.

She isn't a comedian or comic actor, she is a genetically engendered super hybrid beast, she is the icon for total human extinction. I whole heartedly believe everything she was sent by the gods above as punishment for all the evil we humans have done since time began. And all the sins of the dinosaurs as well, she is our eternal punishment. Thats hell to me, watching her show, endlessly on loop, with Kesha and that stupid bridge crash song played on loop.

So yeah, thats how I feel about Miranda Hart on any television show.

she does.. http://www.downehouse.net/foundation/news_story.asp?id=100&nav=20

went to school with some very posh girls who now have very good jobs in TV, must be a few producers and decision makers mixed in there too..
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't find her funny but think shes a lovely woman and love her in midwife

I don't find Miranda's brand of comedy particularly appealing, but she is very good in 'Call the Midwife' and portrays the character of Chummy very well indeed - she was the only person, apparently, that Jennifer Worth (who wrote the books) wanted to portray Chummy once it was mooted it might be made into a TV series, and I can't imagine anyone else as Chummy either (if you read the books she is described physically exactly as Miranda Hart is).

And she has my sympathy as a fellow 'tall lady' - I know how hard it is to appear ladylike and elegant when your legs are longer than your husband's, when you 'stride' everywhere rather than 'gliding elegantly', when you don't like to wear high heels, and hate dressing up because you're more comfortable as a 'tomboy'... but then can't buy your jeans in the local high street because high street shops don't do ladies trousers in a 36" inside leg and cost £50 a pair on the internet!

But then, I do have history in not liking someone's comedy but liking their serious acting - I was the same with Catherine Tate when she was cast in Dr Who. I've never been a fan of Catherine's comedy, but in DW she was brilliant - and heartbreaking in the end - as Donna Noble.

I will continue to enjoy Miranda in CTM, and although I won't be rushing to watch 'Miranda' the comedy any time soon Miranda Hart as a person seems to be a lovely person in 'real life' as herself; no one seems to have a bad word to say about her outside of her work (whatever one may think about that).
  • SouthernerSoutherner Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miranda was fit & sexy in Gangsta Granny with the long hair, maybe she could grow it long!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't find Miranda's brand of comedy particularly appealing, but she is very good in 'Call the Midwife' and portrays the character of Chummy very well indeed - she was the only person, apparently, that Jennifer Worth (who wrote the books) wanted to portray Chummy once it was mooted it might be made into a TV series, and I can't imagine anyone else as Chummy either (if you read the books she is described physically exactly as Miranda Hart is).

And she has my sympathy as a fellow 'tall lady' - I know how hard it is to appear ladylike and elegant when your legs are longer than your husband's, when you 'stride' everywhere rather than 'gliding elegantly', when you don't like to wear high heels, and hate dressing up because you're more comfortable as a 'tomboy'... but then can't buy your jeans in the local high street because high street shops don't do ladies trousers in a 36" inside leg and cost £50 a pair on the internet!

But then, I do have history in not liking someone's comedy but liking their serious acting - I was the same with Catherine Tate when she was cast in Dr Who. I've never been a fan of Catherine's comedy, but in DW she was brilliant - and heartbreaking in the end - as Donna Noble.

I will continue to enjoy Miranda in CTM, and although I won't be rushing to watch 'Miranda' the comedy any time soon Miranda Hart as a person seems to be a lovely person in 'real life' as herself; no one seems to have a bad word to say about her outside of her work (whatever one may think about that).

Alison Janney is attractive for a 6ft woman. She is good in the sitcom 'Mom'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my other half and i have just been watching her show in fits of giggles and tears. sorry but we love her.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison Janney is attractive for a 6ft woman. She is good in the sitcom 'Mom'.

Allison Janney had a really, really hard time getting work because of her height...She said she was told she could play lesbians or aliens....She had lots of small parts which showed her range, then got the West Wing part as CJ. She became more confident in herself, became more beautiful and won four Emmy's because she is an amazing actress. Miranda Hart reminds me of her, including the part about finding confidence once she got some success. She clearly does have a range for comedy and straight acting, the same as Allison does.
    (Though Allison is better...)I loved Gangsta Granny and CTM, not so keen on Miranda.
  • Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    I think she must have some serious dirt on some powerful people...

Thats hell to me, watching her show, endlessly on loop...

Yep, me too. :D
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Miranda fan here, just love her. Yes her tv series is cheesy but I love that 1970s light hearted half hour comedy humour. Perfect portrayal of Chummy too in Call the Midwive.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my other half and i have just been watching her show in fits of giggles and tears. sorry but we love her.

Our family love her too, from me and my other half in our 40's, the teenagers aged 13 to 19, right down to my 8 year old.

One of them got Series 3 in his stocking, and we were all watching it Christmas morning, ignoring the rest of the presents.

Even better, the kids have all taken on the silly words and phrases she uses, and they are now part of everyday family life, which makes me laugh.
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy her show, it's silly but fun. I also liked her in not Going Out where she played the cleaner. I've never watched Call the Midwife, but sounds as though she's good in that which proves she can do straight acting as well.

Obviously Miranda's not to everyone's taste, but it'd be a dull world if we all liked the same thing.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've recently been watching a few episodes of Miranda's sitcom as something dumb to stare at. The mum, at least, amuses me, even though her what I call a catchphrase probably annoys the heck out of most viewers! It's a kind of 'so bad it's good' situation for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    She is amazing I love her!