New superman Vs Batman film

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a massive concern about this film, ok Ben aflick is going to be batman I can handle that one but how can superman with his superhero powers go up against a normal human being with a utility belt?

Comments

• RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry about it, it's only a movie. Not really something to actually get concerned about is it? If you like it great, and won't be the end of the world if you don't. :)
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simple..he takes some kryptonite out from said utility belt and then jams it up supermans nose. I think i remember seeing on a JLA cartoon that he always has some 'just in case'.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which one's turned bad?
  • ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the comics I've read (part of the Hush series I think) Batman has been prepared to face Superman for a long time. He knows all of his weaknesses and secrets and plans the fight around them. It helps that he knows Superman won't actually be able to bring himself to kill anyone despite not being under full control (no longer true since Zod in the last film).

Even then the best Batman can achieve is slowing him down until he can regain his senses.

I doubt there will be a clear winner in the film, they'll probably end up shaking hands and grimly surveying the ruins of Gotham/ Metropolis as the music fades in ready for the next film.
  • trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you watch the animated ''justice league 'war' '' ,,,,, it will no doubt have a similar short scuffle until they both realise that they have been played by the enemy , then they will team up L A confidential style
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to remember that in Man of Steel Kryptonite doesn't exist as far as this universe is aware. However, it's established that Clark is vulnerable to Kryptonian metal/materials. Perhaps Batman can assemble the left over Kryptonian materials and use them to fight Clark?
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    From what I believe the movie will be taking its inspiration from the Dark Knight Returns comic. Arguably the best batman superman story.

I wouldn't worry about it, Batman is a badass!

http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/batman-vs-superman/
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the comics I've read (part of the Hush series I think) Batman has been prepared to face Superman for a long time. He knows all of his weaknesses and secrets and plans the fight around them. It helps that he knows Superman won't actually be able to bring himself to kill anyone despite not being under full control (no longer true since Zod in the last film).

I know there's a cracking issue of Batman And Superman where two boys, one a Superman fan and another a Batman fan have a "what if they fought" 'discussion', with the first shot being "well Superman would just kill him in 1 nanosecond" countered with a "ok, rule1, no killing". From then on things well..... well I'm not going to spoil it... apart from the end
    (I'm a rotter I know) where we pan back to see Batman and Superman listening in on their play-battle discussion and Batman quips that his fan was surprisingly insightful then leaves before Superman gets out his "what... what?!, you've got a ......."
    :p - I changed my mind and used the spoiler tag. :)

If anyone is really REALLY interested in the ep number and can't find it thru google then I'll search me comic boxes for you, though DO search first :)

As for the film: I am looking forward to it but kif the ptb are aiming to build up to a JLA movie I kinda wish they'd gone for a younger version of Batman - though I'm more than willing to be wowed by the movie - just get the suit right dammit. :cool:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Ugh. Zack Snyder is still trying it.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/zack-snyder-everyone-clings-to-the-christopher-reeve-version-of-superman-2101159883/

"It's funny to see people really taking it personally.... because i made (Superman) real, you know, i made him feel or made consequences (in) the world"

:o Good lord he is up himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I believe the movie will be taking its inspiration from the Dark Knight Returns comic. Arguably the best batman superman story.

I wouldn't worry about it, Batman is a badass!

http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/batman-vs-superman/

It would have been a fantastic comic if not for the character assassination of Superman. Superman is free thinking and makes his own decisions - he would never become a government tool. He follows his own moral code.

Furthermore, Batman realistically could never beat Superman in a fight. Here's what an actual Superman vs Batman fight would look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xuS1la8_nc

I love this video because every weapon/tool/strategy demonstrated here by Bruce to hurt Superman is countered easily by all of Superman's abilities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    ...Furthermore, Batman realistically could never beat Superman in a fight. Here's what an actual Superman vs Batman fight would look like:

I love this video because every weapon/tool/strategy demonstrated here by Bruce to hurt Superman is countered easily by all of Superman's abilities.

Firstly BIB, I'm sure there's something witty one could say about this but unfortunately I'm not that one so I can't.... dammit. :p

and methinks that youtube vid sux as definitive proof that Batman would get owned by Superman. What it is showing IIUC is their FIRST meeting. Thus "every weapon demonstrated" is only a weapon Batman had on him at the time, with NO preparation.

It would be a completely different ballgame if the fight took place at a later date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Furthermore, Batman realistically could never beat Superman in a fight. Here's what an actual Superman vs Batman fight would look like:

Firstly BIB, I'm sure there's something witty one could say about this but unfortunately I'm not that one so I can't.... dammit. :p

and methinks that youtube vid sux as definitive proof that Batman would get owned by Superman. What it is showing IIUC is their FIRST meeting. Thus "every weapon demonstrated" is only a weapon Batman had on him at the time, with NO preparation.

It would be a completely different ballgame if the fight took place at a later date.

I'd say more but I can hear my upstairs neighbour peeing and have lost my train of thought. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »

You know what I mean. When I say "realistic" I mean their character specifications dictate that within the rules of the established universe Superman would easily end Batman.
    and methinks that youtube vid sux as definitive proof that Batman would get owned by Superman. What it is showing IIUC is their FIRST meeting. Thus "every weapon demonstrated" is only a weapon Batman had on him at the time, with NO preparation.It would be a completely different ballgame if the fight took place at a later date.

Um, have you actually seen this movie? He had plenty of preparation. This entire meeting is part of the plan to take Superman down due to a misunderstanding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what I mean. When I say "realistic" I mean their character specifications dictate that within the rules of the established universe Superman would easily end Batman.
    I know. I know. :D
    Um, have you actually seen this movie? He had plenty of preparation. This entire meeting is part of the plan to take Superman down due to a misunderstanding.
    ^Superman's first words are "so what can you do" which indicates they've not met and thus don't know each other. A battle later on, when Batman has had more data with which to perfect his "beat Sups ass" plan, would thus obviously turn out differently.

So yes if B+S met for the first time and fought S would win
    But given time the fight wouldn't be that one-sided at all.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

Erm, unless things have changed dramatically in this fictional universe, surely Batman is just a regular dude in a rubber suit whereas Superman is, well, Superman. Won't the latter just look at the former with his heatray vision and fry Batman to a crisp in a nano-second? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Superman's first words are "so what can you do" which indicates they've not met and thus don't know each other. A battle later on, when Batman has had more data with which to perfect his "beat Sups ass" plan, would thus obviously turn out differently.

So yes if B+S met for the first time and fought S would win
    But given time the fight wouldn't be that one-sided at all.

Rubbish! You clearly haven't seen Justice League War nor read the new 52 comics - which is what this is taken from. In this animated movie Green Lantern and Batman are aware of Superman and his alien origins. Superman doesn't know of Batman but Batman and Green Lantern know about him!

Go watch the full film before you comment.
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However, it's established that Clark is vulnerable to Kryptonian metal/materials. Perhaps Batman can assemble the left over Kryptonian materials and use them to fight Clark?

I thought it was because he wasn't accustomed to a Krypton type atmosphere which Zod et al. would've been breathing.
    Kal-El didn't seem to be bothered by the scout ship (crappy version of a Fortress Of Solitude) at the beginning of the film that had been trapped under the ice. He was walking around following Jor-El and not showing any ill effects.
    In fact his entire costume was made of Kryptonian material. (Why it would be blue, red and yellow, when everyone else's was black is another matter altogether...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, unless things have changed dramatically in this fictional universe, surely Batman is just a regular dude in a rubber suit whereas Superman is, well, Superman. Won't the latter just look at the former with his heatray vision and fry Batman to a crisp in a nano-second? :confused:

Erm...yeah? What's your point?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish!!!.
    Even if this movie was an accurate and complete adaption of the early new52 JL comics, do you really believe that if Batman and Superman met for Round 2 at a later date it would turn out EXACTLY like this first one ? And by exactly I mean Batman hardly affecting Superman at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    I thought it was because he wasn't accustomed to a Krypton type atmosphere which Zod et al. would've been breathing.
    Kal-El didn't seem to be bothered by the scout ship (crappy version of a Fortress Of Solitude) at the beginning of the film that had been trapped under the ice. He was walking around following Jor-El and not showing any ill effects.

It's both. Anything Kryptonian is harmful to Clark - metals & other hard objects, atmosphere and of course Kryptonite (although the last of those remain to be covered within this universe). Watch as Kryptonian metal damages Clark's skin @ 1:40 He barely fought that thing off. Also, the scout ship had been changed by Jor-El to mirror Earth's atmosphere.
    In fact his entire costume was made of Kryptonian material. (Why it would be blue, red and yellow, when everyone else's was black is another matter altogether...)

Precisely which is why his costume couldn't be penetrated by fire. It's established that different Kryptonian houses wear different colours. Jor-El wears exactly the same suit in the beginning before it's covered with armour. Only Zod and his cronies wear black because they're soldiers and so fourth.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supermans greatest nemesis is lex luther and hes also a normal human being..And jessie eisenberg seems even more of a pussy then ben affleck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if this movie was an accurate and complete adaption of the early new52 JL comics, do you really believe that if Batman and Superman met for Round 2 at a later date it would turn out EXACTLY like this first one ? And by exactly I mean Batman hardly affecting Superman at all.

What could Batman possibly do better? It's not Batman's strategy that's at fault here, it's that Superman is too overpowered for him. You could give Batman a decade - without Kryptonite or red sun radiation he will always lose.

I know people like to think Batman could take out Superman because we like to believe as humans that we have control over everything, even God like creatures. For Batman to defeat Superman it's a demonstration of an ordinary guy accomplishing extraordinary things which is inspirational...but, yeah, in reality he wouldn't last 2 seconds (and 2 seconds is being generous since I'm pretty sure Superman is faster than that)
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Erm...yeah? What's your point?

My point is that surely any conflict would be entirely one-sided and over in a flash so how is a producer going to squeeze any more derivative franchise mileage out of it? Sorry, I didn't realise it would be that difficult for you to follow? :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What could Batman possibly do better? ...wibble wobble..

Seriously ?! :D

If you have to ask then I will leave you all happy with your certainty and go get some KFC. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point is that surely any conflict would be entirely one-sided and over in a flash so how is a producer going to squeeze any more derivative franchise mileage out of it? Sorry, I didn't realise it would be that difficult for you to follow? :blush:

Well, this is what we're debating right now. MOS has established some weaknesses with regards to Kryptonian materials and atmospheres - both of which Batman can use to his advantage.