Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah NFLY is a good song. I like Strawberry Switchblade, The Shangri-Las, The Ronettes, The Like and TLC from that list. There are two GA songs and 'Call the Shots' at No 1 is a bit surprising.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did the Bizarre event just for good will, The Sun has been kind to them and has a close relationship with Syco. They will have been paid for the rugby charity ball thing they did in January though.

Lovely to see the tweets from Elle Eyre and Little Boots. LM are clearly impressive live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday Night At The Palladium is returning so there are opportunities beyond Saturday Night Takeaway to perform lead single this month and April.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Palladium returning to its Fall spot or some other time? And doh, I completely forgot about the Jan. charity gig.

Also Dreamin' Together at #32!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Palladium returning to its Fall spot or some other time? And doh, I completely forgot about the Jan. charity gig.

Also Dreamin' Together at #32!

It's definitely on this month and next, I just got an email about tickets. I don't know if it will be back in Sept/Oct or if last year it was just because Simon's musical show had flopped and they had the venue to fill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I recall, when they performed (albeit the premiere) it pulled in a respectable 4 million viewers, so its worth showing up for.
  • piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Hazelle wrote: »
    Another year, another girl group week from Billboard! Glad that they're mentioning the girls more and more now!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/pop-shop/girl-group-week/6487704/girl-group-week-2015-readers-poll-vote

As much as I dislike having these Little Mix vs 5th Harmony bits thrown into articles like this, maybe a healthy rivalry would give both groups a nice boost, as long as the girls themselves keep it civil (it seems they have so far, and no, family members/crew =/= the girls) and don't have to stoop to a beyond immature and embarrassing Louis/Zayn/Liam vs The Wanted type fight to bring attention to it. Now that I think about it, does anyone remember the last true girl band rivalry? I feel like groups like TLC and Destiny's Child had other girl groups around during their peaks, but never really any actual rivalries?

On that note, I do hope a classic girl band wins this competition, although the Mixers/Harmonizers/K-pop fanbases will probably turn out in droves to vote since they probably care more about internet polls than the older girl group fans--many of those veterans have already earned their stripes and sales numbers and don't need a fan-voted poll to validate that.

That "Favorite Girl Group Single" was one of the hardest categories to vote for though. I debated between Waterfalls, Don't Let Go and Say My Name--ended up going with Don't Let Go, since it felt like a nod to LM too.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Voted for waterfalls, lol lets be honest wings or sledgehammer/boss (dont remember the one eligible to vote on that category) dont stand a chance realistically agains the others, one of the two winning would be almost disrespectful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I get annoyed at people who incessantly post iTunes rankings, I'm going to be that obnoxious person this week because its been a while since LM has charted.

#24 Flower Dreamin' Together feat. Little Mix

This song is doing really well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at the popularity of it on the album.
    http://i61.tinypic.com/mimiw7.png
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.874&article=160588

Little Mix go 80s on new album

Jesy Nelson has revealed the influences behind Little Mix's new album.

Little Mix are channelling the 80s sounds of Cyndi Lauper and Prince on their new record.

The British girlgroup have made waves all over the world since being formed on the UK version of The X Factor in 2011.

Their third album is due out later this year, following on from 2013's Salute, which made the top ten around the globe.

"Our biggest inspiration is Cyndi Lauper. We want it to be fun and be music for everyone - but especially for girls," Jesy Nelson gushed to British newspaper The Sun.

"We love Prince too, he's an icon and definitely inspired the sound."

Leigh-Anne just wants an excuse to wear this again:
    http://blog.truffleshuffle.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Little-Mix-I-heart-80s.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreamin' Together is up to #20 on iTunes Japan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, there isnt any apparent 80s influence on their musical inspiration playlist from a few months ago.
    https://open.spotify.com/user/1130099028/playlist/4tv2C31ibzdotfDzgk2tpH
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Fingers crossed! It's already at #49 hopefully it does really well for both groups.

After one day Dreamin' Together is #18 and climbing and Flower's album is #1 on iTunes.
    Since iTunes changed and doesnt count preorders in one day anymore, this must mean the song and album are popular. Well done ladies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be up for some 80s vibes on the new album. That sound is quite in at the moment with Taylor Swift's album doing so well. Salute was a throwback to the 90s. Although it does need to have a contemporary feel as well.

If they are launching a new single over the next month then for promo they have the RND opportunity next Friday (if that isn't too soon) and also Saturday Night Takeaway and Sunday Night At The Palladium. One single there and one at BGT before album on sale mid June please, girls/Syco. It's a shame it's not out already as they are missing summer events, e.g. V Festival. Wireless will probably announce the full line up soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After one day Dreamin' Together is #18 and climbing and Flower's album is #1 on iTunes.
    Since iTunes changed and doesnt count preorders in one day anymore, this must mean the song and album are popular. Well done ladies.

Great news! Is there any info on why Sony hasn't released it as a physical given how popular CD singles still are in Japan?
  • TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Our biggest inspiration is Cyndi Lauper. We want it to be fun and be music for everyone - but especially for girls," Jesy Nelson gushed to British newspaper The Sun.

"We love Prince too, he's an icon and definitely inspired the sound."

Talk about ambitious! Only two of the greatest songwriters of that era and beyond.:o
    If that's the direction, I've got a good feeling :D
    Forum Member
    Anya Jones
    @AnyaJones
    EXCITED 🎧 @LittleMix @MaeganCottone @GuySpace
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anya Jones
    @AnyaJones
    EXCITED 🎧 @LittleMix @MaeganCottone @GuySpace

Ooh it must have to do with the recording they're doing today, from what they rehearsed yesterday. On a side note, could this have been related to the album? Or was it one of her other projects?

@MaeganCottone
    @Tebey @redtrianglepro wonderful time! GREAT songs. Will miss you!.... Till next time. Xxx
    13 Feb 15
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @LittleMix
    Attention Mixers! Make sure you're back here at 4pm (GMT)! We've got a little something to tell you! Mixers HQ x

Oh... Wonder what this could be, I'm not getting my hopes up. (Screams internally)

clearly not the announcement but more teasing https://instagram.com/p/zz7IQCuGfc/ And I'm sure that's a Madonna song in the background
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the oxygen tank ready to revive Charlie Trench.

You know its Mixers Magnets, Europe edition.
  • john1995john1995 Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    wait, was that all?
    Forum Member
    No cmon haha, lets wait 😮😮😬
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »
    wait, was that all?

It's not quite 4 yet and they said 4 o clock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they're always 20 minutes late.
This discussion has been closed.