What is so bad about Deana calling her gang soldiers?

Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
Forum Member
Can someone explain to me why Becky's sister and Conor's girlfriend tried to make out Deana was the devil for calling her friends soldiers? I'm really confused as to why it was seen as so offensive to Becky's sister. :confused:

Comments

• zanecootzanecoot Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    It is not offensive.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Its more lame and cringey than bad.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely nothing.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,251
    Forum Member
    It was just an excuse to nominate her.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zanecoot wrote: »
    It is not offensive.

If someone has relatives or friends serving in the Army they could find it offensive
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »

This ^^
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not offended, but I think it's a sing of how weak she is that she feels the need to create this farcial soldiery in which she can plot and bitch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    If someone has relatives or friends serving in the Army they could find it offensive

No they couldn't. I'm sure they'd still feed their children egg and soldiers for breakfast, referring to team members as soldiers is very common, this is absolutely ludicrous. If people have a problem with the word soldiers because they're related to someone in the army, they shouldn't have special treatment for it, they should just get a grip. I'm sorry but that was a ridiculous statement
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ridiculous. Mums call their little boys "soldiers" - would that be offensive to people in the army?
  • zanecootzanecoot Posts: 153
    Forum Member

Why? The term 'soldiers' is just a word. No comment has been made about any specific soldiers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It creates division, separation, aggression, and it implies that the others are enemies.

Not nice at all.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    If that word is so offence to them what do they eat with their boiled eggs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would only be offensive if someone was extraordinarily determined to find it offensive.
    What is so bad about Deana calling her gang soldiers?

For the public, it's slightly tiresome. For her opposition, it provides a useful weapon. So it's a bad idea on any BB count.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL no. People always say to their children "Come on soldiers". Omg they are being offensive to soldiers in Afghan :eek::rolleyes:
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It creates division and separation, aggression, and it implies that the others are enemies.

Not nice at all.

Yep. And it turns out that Deana's no better than the 'insiders'. She just took longer to find people in there that would let her tell them what to think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It creates division and separation, aggression, and it implies that the others are enemies.

Not nice at all.

The others have already created division separation and aggression. They are the enemy so by definition Deana & Co must be soldiers fighting a war:D
  • B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    The others have already created division separation and aggression. They are the enemy so by definition Deana & Co must be soldiers fighting a war:D

And Luke S was the first to declare war. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ridiculous. Mums call their little boys "soldiers" - would that be offensive to people in the army?
    Salv* wrote: »
    LOL no. People always say to their children "Come on soldiers". Omg they are being offensive to soldiers in Afghan :eek::rolleyes:

Last time I look Deana, Luke A and Adam weren't little children
  • digiqueendigiqueen Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My husband served 22 years in the forces in trouble spots all over the world and believe me this is the type of humour they like. It bonds them.
    Forum Member

I agree :D
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »

Yeah really lame
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    digiqueen wrote: »
    My husband served 22 years in the forces in trouble spots all over the world and believe me this is the type of humour they like. It bonds them.

I didn't say people would or even should find offensive, just that they could.

Personallyme I think it's more childish than offensive
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »

You could say the same thing about every film TV show or game that has been made.

Was Sly Stallone offence to Vietnam vets when he made Rambo (Well First Blood) what about John Wayne and all the war films he was in.

Is Dad's Army -It Ain't Half Hot Mum or Allo Allo offensive to the armed forces

How many games based on war are realised each year they are the most popular selling games getting 100's if not 1000's of people queuing up at midnight just to get their hands on a copy.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    It's just a bit of fun, it helps to lift their spirits, there is nothing offensive about it at all.
    Forum Member
    It's just a bit of fun, it helps to lift their spirits, there is nothing offensive about it at all.

Exaclty, nothing wrong with it. :)