Terrible films you love ...

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    I do really like the Porridge movie

That's certainly the best of that genre. Good writing, fantastic cast.

It makes me chuckle that the standard plot of pretty much all 70's sit-com spin off films was 'the cast go on holiday', and somehow even 'Porrdige' managed to use that plot. Well, almost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Armageddon has every american cheesy cliche in it goddammit but I love it :D
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    two words, Road House

EH ! great movie ! :D
  • Options
    xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    expendables 2

ageing movie stars, over the top action and cheesy one liners ... all the ingredients for a terrible movie but i love it :D
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    No, it isn't considered a crap movie.

I certainly think Big Trouble is tongue in cheek and brilliant but I do remember it being panned by the critics when it came out.

7.2 rating on IMDB, I think its got more popular with age...
    I read Roger Ebert's review on it and had to laugh at this bit
    Carpenter has allowed technology to dominate his story. Since so many of his big set-pieces look so awesomely expensive and complicated, and since the effects are undeniably mind-boggling, there's a temptation to praise him just for daring to make a movie on such a scale. But special effects don't mean much unless we care about the characters who are surrounded by them, and in this movie the characters often seem to exist only to fill up the foregrounds

Hilarious because its special effects have not aged well at all!
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    I certainly think Big Trouble is tongue in cheek and brilliant but I do remember it being panned by the critics when it came out.

7.2 rating on IMDB, I think its got more popular with age...
    I read Roger Ebert's review on it and had to laugh at this bit

Hilarious because its special effects have not aged well at all!

I would have been around 15 or so when it came out. I watched it at school (boarding school) with around 500 other kids. I have no idea how it was received by the critics but we all loved it, and we all got the whole crazy tongue in cheek vibe. Going by those comments by the reviewer I'm getting the feeling he was taking the thing far too seriously and if that was the case then no wonder they panned it.

I don't think it's so much a case of it getting more popular with age, I think for people of a certain age its always been a fun enjoyable movie, and now that we are the adults, our opinions are drowning out those of the then critics who didn't quite get the intended end result.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlander : Endgame
    The Crow Wicked Prayer
    Double Team (Van Damme )
    Terminator Salvation
    Alien 3
    Hollow Man
    Daredevil
    Star Trek 5 The Final Frontier
    Mission To Mars
    The Beach
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Arthur and the King (1985) starring Malcolm McDowell and Rupert Everett, dire film really but I liked it.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Big Trouble in Little China considered a crap movie ?.

It's considered one of John Carpenter's best.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flobadob wrote: »
    Any film version of 1970s British sitcoms. They are all atrocious, but I like them all.

Not all of them are atrocious. The Likely Lads and the two Steptoe and Son films are great.
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    White chicks - it's bloody awful but so much fun to watch "let's go...shopping"

Glitter - the Mariah Carey movie, I must be the only person that has it on DVD
  • Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Social Climber and Little Man :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    I would have been around 15 or so when it came out. I watched it at school (boarding school) with around 500 other kids. I have no idea how it was received by the critics but we all loved it, and we all got the whole crazy tongue in cheek vibe. Going by those comments by the reviewer I'm getting the feeling he was taking the thing far too seriously and if that was the case then no wonder they panned it.

I don't think it's so much a case of it getting more popular with age, I think for people of a certain age its always been a fun enjoyable movie, and now that we are the adults, our opinions are drowning out those of the then critics who didn't quite get the intended end result.

Roger Ebert was the critic and he does tend to take most things too seriously, think he panned Starship Troopers too...

Nice to know Big Trouble is considered a good film now, time for me to dust off the dvd for its annual viewing I think. :)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for White Chicks

Valley of the Dolls
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cassandra Crossing - a turd of a movie with loadsa movie-star cameos about an outta control train carrying a s'possed killer virus... Heading for... The Cassandra Crossing!!!! Fasten your seat-belts! The very definition of Eurotrash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had could I forget - SHOWGIRLS !:D

So bad its good!

Its an embarrassment of riches in terms of plot/dialogue and heart stopping hammy performances!

The fountain sex scene with Nomi & Cristals boyfriend is squirmingly bad! Its a less0n in bad taste extended over x2 hours!:D

I think I'll dust it off this afternoon:o
  • Options
    porkensteinporkenstein Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Armageddon (Ben Affleck ...say no more)
    Top Secret
    Amazon Women On The Moon
    DOA: Dead or Alive
    Striptease (Burt Reynolds and Ving Rhames are ace)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top Secret
    Amazon Women On The Moon
    )

Terrible?? They're both excellent. The first in particular is an absolute gem.

And the second will always win for introducing Don 'Simmons to the world.
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brady bunch movies, Problem child and Flash Gordon:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    The Brady bunch movies,

The first one is not a terrible movie.
  • Options
    porkensteinporkenstein Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Terrible?? They're both excellent. The first in particular is an absolute gem.

And the second will always win for introducing Don 'Simmons to the world.

Maybe my slapstick humour tolerance has changed as i've been watching some clips on youtube, now i've got to re-watch them lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BOOM!

Another -so-bad-its-good movie starring Taylor & Burton. Total ham-fest, but beautifully shot with a bizzare cameo by Noel Coward, as "The Witch Of Capri"

BOOM! ...splat...:o
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mockbusters.

Transmorphers

Snakes on a Train

18-Year Old Virgin

The Da Vinci Treasure

All horrendously bad films, but I love them.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was this terrible movie on the sky Horror channel called Sleepaway Camp. So bad, yet so good :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sand Sharks, the most we'd laughed in months
    The Core, cheesy but I love it
    Snakes on a Plane