HO who's looking forward too Doug and John Paul

Comments

• Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    Also I think it ridiculous break up hubby December new guy March lol!

Unless just for sake of it rebound! Most people need more time specially if married.

please,im surprised its taken THIS Long for doug to get another fella,it took ste what,half an ep before jumping onto brendan
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    please,im surprised its taken THIS Long for doug to get another fella,it took ste what,half an ep before jumping onto brendan

Lol but Brendan was always there in the background as love triangle!

Although having said that he could have been more sensitive to poor Dougs feelings instead of immediately after!

I'm glad Amy took the kids off Ste now! Served him right!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol but Brendan was always there in the background as love triangle!

Although having said that he could have been more sensitive to poor Dougs feelings instead of immediately after!

I'm glad Amy took the kids off Ste now! Served him right!:D

yes but ste could of at least acted like he gave 2 sh!ts about doug like he said he did & wait at least 24hr before jumping into bed with brendan
    Forum Member
    yes but ste could of at least acted like he gave 2 sh!ts about doug like he said he did & wait at least 24hr before jumping into bed with brendan

Yeah true. I agree.

Ste's insensitive.
    Forum Member
    Although had he waited 24 hours rather than 12 hours neither is anything.

If he generally cared about Doug he wouldn't have gone to Brendan in the first place. At least not for some time.

Indeed I know a woman who lost a husband 30 + years ago and not been with anyone else. And know someone who divorced bout decade ago no-one else. If you generally love someone no-one else compares.
    Forum Member
    Lol that should be genuinely not generally!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also I think it ridiculous break up hubby December new guy March lol!

Unless just for sake of it rebound! Most people need more time specially if married.

but we have to consider stug were togheter only for a few months, Doug is a young guy and would be pretty normal for him to get over what he believed to be a big love story in three months. It happens all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although had he waited 24 hours rather than 12 hours neither is anything.

If he generally cared about Doug he wouldn't have gone to Brendan in the first place. At least not for some time.

Indeed I know a woman who lost a husband 30 + years ago and not been with anyone else. And know someone who divorced bout decade ago no-one else. If you generally love someone no-one else compares.

I also I don't understand why Ste had to wait to get back with Brendan. Doug gave him the ticket so...Sorry it would have been just hypocriy for him to wait.
    The point is exactly that Ste never loved Doug like he loves Brendan so if he did a mistake it was to marry Doug in the first place rather then coming back with BB.

And there are also people who don't wait to have other partners, that doesn't even mean they didn't love thier ex, but if you fall in love with someone else it makes no sense waiting. Once a relationship is over is over.
    Forum Member
    but we have to consider stug were togheter only for a few months, Doug is a young guy and would be pretty normal for him to get over what he believed to be a big love story in three months. It happens all the time.

I disagree.

In fact if Doug is over him now then he never loved him. Same goes for Ste.

You don't get over losing someone you love overnight. If they have then they married just for the sake of it with neither really caring.

Like I say I know someone lost her husband to a heart attack over 30 years ago she still talks about him now, that is true genuine love.
    Forum Member
    I also I don't understand why Ste had to wait to get back with Brendan. Doug gave him the ticket so...Sorry it would have been just hypocriy for him to wait.
    The point is exactly that Ste never loved Doug like he loves Brendan so if he did a mistake it was to marry Doug in the first place rather then coming back with BB.

And there are also people who don't wait to have other partners, that doesn't even mean they didn't love thier ex, but if you fall in love with someone else it makes no sense waiting. Once a relationship is over is over.

Getting back with someone who domestically abused you isn't a mistake?

I say it's a mammoth mistake!
    Forum Member
    Once a relationships is over it is over yes.

But if you remotely cared about them you will suffer depression and will need time to get over them.

If not you never cared.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting back with someone who domestically abused you isn't a mistake?

I say it's a mammoth mistake!

oh but remember its all one big love story :rolleyes: (wonder why no one thought little mo/trevor or kirksty/tyrone was a love story,i mean whats the difference - oh yes its 2 blokes :rolleyes:)
    Forum Member
    oh but remember its all one big love story :rolleyes: (wonder why no one thought little mo/trevor or kirksty/tyrone was a love story,i mean whats the difference - oh yes its 2 blokes :rolleyes:)

Oh very true!

That or the people who support it aint been domestically abused themselves or just like brendan/ ste chemistry but why? Seriously it's an abusive relationship!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh very true!

That or the people who support it aint been domestically abused themselves or just like brendan/ ste chemistry but why? Seriously it's an abusive relationship!:eek:

like i said - only difference between this & others is that its 2 blokes,oviously people have odd views on what domestic abuse is
    Forum Member
    like i said - only difference between this & others is that its 2 blokes,oviously people have odd views on what domestic abuse is

True.

But if they'd been domestically abused themselves they'd be less likely to excuse it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True.

But if they'd been domestically abused themselves they'd be less likely to excuse it.

well lets hope they never do get abused,if they carnt see it on the TV i doubt they could see it in there own life
    Forum Member
    well lets hope they never do get abused,if they carnt see it on the TV i doubt they could see it in there own life

True,

wouldn't wish on anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True,

wouldn't wish on anyone.

same

what realy annoys me is that they seem to have used his dad as an excuse,surly its brendans mind telling him to rise his rists to ste & its also brendans mind that can stop it at any moment,blaming his dad seems to have been an excuse not to get the help brendan needs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Love JP,
    Doug is too pathetic for John Paul, always whining,
    we all know who the girl will be in that relationship,
    I'm trying to decide whether this is the stupidest thing I've read today.
    Forum Member
    same

what realy annoys me is that they seem to have used his dad as an excuse,surly its brendans mind telling him to rise his rists to ste & its also brendans mind that can stop it at any moment,blaming his dad seems to have been an excuse not to get the help brendan needs

True.

Some abused become abusers but not all of them.

It's an excuse really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree.

You don't get over losing someone you love overnight. If they have then they married just for the sake of it with neither really caring.

Like I say I know someone lost her husband to a heart attack over 30 years ago she still talks about him now, that is true genuine love.

that's rather the point.
    you did watch didn't you? stug was mega unhealthy, and extremely possessive. it may not have been violent, but it was in some ways abusive in it's own right. their relationship was disasterous nearly from the very beginning.
    infact, the moment when doug handed ste the tickets and said "i won't be second best, so go and be where you need to be, and try and find what it is that you truelly want" was a hugely mature moment for doug. he finally realised what was blatently obvious to everyone (including himself) right from the start and had the balls to face up to it. ste was always in love with brendan. simples. it's been explicitly stated several times by several different characters within the show, including both ste and doug. stug was never a true relationship. they both just clung to each other in an extremely unhealthy way because they were both too scared of facing what was waiting for them in the outside world. in ste's case, he was terrified of his own feelings for brendan, which never went away. in the case of doug, it was facing up to being a gay man. ste was the one that "turned" him (hate that expression, but it kind of fits here) and he had an extreme kind of dependancy on ste thanks to his own severe insecurites.

oh and, as an aside, you may know someone who was married for 30+ years and never got over losing him. well and good. it's a touching story. but it's just one story. not exactly representative of the entire human race.
    the thing you need to remember is that everyone is different. everyone is individual, has individual feelings, and processes them in individual ways. you can't say "this is what happens when you love someone, not this" because, no, it's not. that's what happens for SOME PEOPLE (unfortunately a minority of people too), but NOT ALL!!! to be perfectly frank, to make such a blanket statement as that is a little bit rediculous. especially considering your example is a relatively rare case! you're completely shutting down and closing off the viability of all of the BILLIONS of people in the world who will deal with their feelings and respective situations in a different way to what you deem it!...that's just not fair.
    but the original point is, ste was always in love with brendan, not doug. he may have cared about doug a lot, yes...but he was never in love with him.

(and also, if you use the edit button then you can go back into your posts to add more to them or change them as you wish, rather than doing lots of posts in succession)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

but the show decided to go down the route of making it a love story:confused:

kieron and emmett always had incredible chemistry together, yes, but back in the day it was a DV storyline. it was dark and twisted and fascinatingly disturbing. brilliant tv. then the show decided to make it into a love story (when macca came along, he was the first to voice "omg, he loves you" about brendan to ste. it then continued to make underlining feelings between the two characters more and more obvious. brendan's rapidly growing popularity also ensured that his fans would route for him if they believed him to have "feelings").
    i don't get why you're blaming that on it just being because it was two guys snogging instead of blaming it on the writing and the clear direction that the show purposely made it go...they even kept stringing it along for more than two freakin' years! they even did online features, polls, videos....they encouraged it as much as they could because the wanted it to be that way. and when stug came along, they kept this up, with the intention of creating fan rivalry. i remember the website had a poll, stendan or stug, with little bios and pictures for each (stendan won by more than 2 thirds as far as memory serves me) but the point is that kind of audience interaction and teasing was alllll part of it. it was the show's intention that "stendan" be a thing.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I don't think it will work. Doug is a pain in the a hole. just because they're both gay, course they have to find each other attractive.

John Paul and Ste are both gay men - but they are going to clash. Your lazy theory is thrown out of the window.
    Forum Member
    So if you genuinely loved and lost someone you would be over them in what two- three months?

Ha ha! Thanks absolute quality! I'm laughing now!

If you love someone it will take you at very least a year to get over them. If they claim otherwise they are talking nonsense. It's a case of they liked them a little bit!

One in two marriages end in divorce because too many people settle just for the sake of it. If you aint completely in to the person what's the point? Why just settle for sake of it? Besides being incapable of being single which I think many people are,

As for Ste still loving Brendan, ridiculous! Had they broken up for three months and got back together fair enough argument but they were broke up over a year. I've been on the receiving end of domestic violence, my ex was facing three years inside for threatening to stab me and cut me up in to tidy pieces. I took him back numerously cos I loved his nice side but in the end you end up hating them! Ste left Doug for good, in real life he would hate Brendan not love him as the domestic abuse would have killed any love that Ste had.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree.

so you think that all people in their twentis get depressed forever after a relationship ends? I can assure you it's not like that especially as the frequently the cause for the relationship to end is they already love another person. It doesn't mean they never loved thiet first partner, but that it wasn't the big love of their life. That's why there are people who have various relationship in their life. It's not black and white in real life neither on a soap.
    We saw Doug being over Bex's death after a few months, does it means he never loved her?
    The discussion was about the domestic violence, but the way they wrote the story implies thet Brendan and Ste are the love of each other's lives, the actor said soo too. It doesn't matter for how topic if you believe the realtionship is good, healthy or whatever.
    In real life I also know people who decided never to marry after the death of her partner, but also people who married quite soon after and I never doubted that they love their partner, but we are all different and you can state your opinion as absolute facts. You can just speak for yourself, so you wiould never have a new realtionship, but other people do and you can't say they never loved their previuos partner, sorry but you dion't have the right.