Freeview Playback

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
Forum Member
Is this being disussed in this forum?

I read that
Freeview Playback specification work is currently underway, and approval of the specification is expected around 5th July.

Preliminary work on what changes to the broadcast signal content will be required to support Freeview Playback features has been made.

While not confirmed as final specification for Freeview Playback, the changes to the signal will allow the user such features as to:

.Record all programmes in a series, while avoiding the recording of repeats.
·Avoid scheduling conflicts when this can be resolved by scheduling a later repeat of a selected programme.
·Record a complete programme when it is split by, for example, a news bulletin.
·Take advantage of a recommendation facility whereby a recommendation is signalled along with the programme being viewed, a “further viewing” service.

No mention of recording a programme even when the dozy broadcasters are running late, but it all sounds good stuff.

By nice if the 9200T would support it, but maybe this will go into a new product to get us all to upgrade!

Ian

Comments

• BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See This thread

All Humax need is the relevant amendments to the spec, and their engineers will be on the job.... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:
    See This thread

All Humax need is the relevant amendments to the spec, and their engineers will be on the job.... :)

Bum, thanks, I knew it had to be somewhere! I even used search with no success.

If the Beeb/Freeview give this a big push, so that the man in the street (and his wife!) know that "Freeview Playback" is a good thing, then Numax et al will want the shiny new logo and so will need to add the features.

Ian