Options

Sutton Coldfield Transmitter - Lost Sky Channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
Forum Member
Hi, suddenly lost all Sky channels & UKTV History this evening from the Sutton Coldfield, on screen display showing no or bad signal, but I can still get other channels on the mux. Have manually rescanned, auto rescan, powered on & off, reset factory defaults, now they're not even on the channel list.

Also have a cheap bush STB & that has all channels still.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very strange. If you go into the Manual search menu (Menu, Installation (pin number), Manual Search) and in the channel drop down select 52 - which is the freaquency for Multiplex C on Sutton Colfield - what is the signal strength and quality figures? and do you see the figure fluctuating at all/how much? I'd expect the figures to be bad if the PVR can no longer get enough to show channels in that mux. Do you ive far away from the transmitter?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    showing 15-16%, with quality at 0, I live in northern Wolverhampton, a far distance away, but have never had a problem before, normall get 60% strength, 100% quality across the range

just done a manual scan on channel 53, & now they're bacl, strange

thanks for response marc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trig007 wrote:
    showing 15-16%, with quality at 0, I live in northern Wolverhampton, a far distance away, but have never had a problem before, normall get 60% strength, 100% quality across the range

just done a manual scan on channel 53, & now they're bacl, strange

thanks for response marc

Hi. Are you saying you did another manual scan and the channels are back? If so good, but how strange. When you did the freaquency check as per my earlier post the machine was practically reporting there wasnt anything being transmitted on 53 - yet your other STB was getting the channels in that MUX fine. Could be that your tuner(s) are faulty or that the STB was picking up MUX C from another transmitter all this time anyway and not noticing the problem the hummy had with Sutton Coldfields MUX C. No idea. Anyway glad its back. :)
  • Options
    WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had really bad reception on Sky Sports News yesterday I think it was..........picture kept breaking up really badly
    I am also on the Sutton Coldfiled transmitter.
    Seems to be ok today though