Options

Thinks it's still recording bug rears its ugly head again

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
Forum Member
It's back in the new version, as several people have already reported. I've had it twice myself. Not sure what triggered it. (I made several recordings, and chase played a couple.)

Comments

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had an instance of this myself this morning...again not sure what triggered it, but I was trying to replicate the blank screen problem at the time...investigations continue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had it once since the new software upgrade, I'm not sure if I've had it before.

I only notticed what was wrong when my box came out of standby very quickly. I tried the PIP test to confirm my suspision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Yes I had this problem this morning,for the first time in ages.I suspect its after I tried to record 3 programmes ,but it failed due to auto padding.I had to switch it off totally to get it to normal.Still a great PVR though,wouldn't be without it !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Yes, i have this again to with the new software. It just seems to come if I'm still recording when i put it into standby (usually at the end of the evening). This is exactly the same as it was before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Yes, i have this again to with the new software. It just seems to come if I'm still recording when i put it into standby (usually at the end of the evening). This is exactly the same as it was before.

I've had this too and thought it was due to the auto padding, however i checked my playlist and it recorded Lost fromm 22.59 to 0.02 (as per my auto padding).

My box is also set to turn off at 0.00, so maybe that is the cause and not the auto padding as i didn't really have this problem after the 1.00.4 update.
  • Options
    tejaytejay Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I box also produced this yesturday, I have used my 9200T since October and this have never happened before, Im not sure if its related to me changing the settings to pad the record timings? so I have now changed the setting back to on time to see if it does it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member

The same happened to my box this morning, I also last night switched my box into standby whilst still recording. This always worked ok with the previous software. Maybe swiching to standby whilst recording is the common denominator what do you think?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    ....met too. First time experince of "thinks its recording" yesterday evening, watched a bit of BBC and then ITV... went to put in stanby at around 10.30 and was surprised that it didn't go quiet with fan switched off. Powered off & back on problem went away.

I've been running release 006 since Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...and again this morning!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I've had this happen a couple of times. I actually thought it was an undocumented enhancement until I saw it listed as a bug here - the box started quick from standby with the EPG fully populated.

What are the problems associated with this? So far the only problem I've had with the current release is a programme not recording with auto-padding set on (which I see there is another thread for).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the box thinks it is recording, then you are limited in the things you can get the box to do (like when the box is actually recording...)

So no PIP (which is a method of detecting this bug)...

What other limitations are there..?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    son_t wrote:
    What other limitations are there..?

Can you still timeslip with this bug if something else is recording (i.e. it then thinks two things are recording instead of one)? I've not tried this, but will give it a go the next time I get the problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I've had the same problem since OTA upgrade.

It may have been connected with a problem I had with overlapping auto-padded recordings - New Street Law didn't record, and then when I tried to re-jig my scheduled recordings so I wouldn't have the same problem next week, I was unable to delete New Street Law from the recording schedule.
    When I realised this morning that I had the "thinks it's recording" bug, and switched the box off and on at the back, it then allowed me to delete the scheduled recording.
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    I found last night that while in this state the reservation could be deleted from the EPG but not from the schedule list.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Hi,,

Just had this problem too.

Steve
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I have also had this problem on the new S/W

I have no scheduled recordings and when pressing PIP I get the message "This channel is Restricted by recording"

I have my box set for auto padding and auto time off/on

:cry:

Is there a workaround for this or is it a power off cycle ?

Thanks, JUWWI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jfgv40 wrote:
    The same happened to my box this morning, I also last night switched my box into standby whilst still recording. This always worked ok with the previous software. Maybe swiching to standby whilst recording is the common denominator what do you think?

Have been trying to replicate bug found that switching to standby whilst still recording then leaving machine till the next morning almost always activates the bug, can some of you try and see if this causes the above reaction on your hummies?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jfgv40 wrote:
    Have been trying to replicate bug found that switching to standby whilst still recording then leaving machine till the next morning almost always activates the bug, can some of you try and see if this causes the above reaction on your hummies?

I can try and do the same before I go to bed tonight. What specifically did you do and in what order to reproduce this bug - and is it something you can reproduce now all the time or so far is it only sometimes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Marc,
    I managed to reproduce the bug by sheduling recordings through the epg then switching to standby whilst one or both of the recordings are taking place also worth noting I have been using autopadding on all recordings 2 mins either side, hope this helps I have got recordings on the go now and will again switch to standby and see what happens in the morning.
    Sorry I'm a bit late in posting watching the fitba.
    cheers
    John
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi john, were your recordings that you set up always consecutive (either on same channel or different channels) or both at the same time etc etc.

I think it might be a very good idea for now if the programmes, channels, times or all recordings taking place in and around the time this bug happens is noted if remember. and the order they were scheduled. just in case it proves relevant.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well with little info to go on I set up numerous recordings overnight. 1 on ITV1 that overlapped with 1 recording on five, and then consecutive recordings on five.

2 mins start and end padding, and ensure bug is not present when switched to standby.

ITV 1 00:35 - 01:10 Start and end applied to rec
    five 01:05 - 01:55 Start no end consecutive rec next
    01:55 - 02:45 No start or end
    02:45 - 03:35 No start or end
    03:35 - 04:25 No start end applied to rec

Exactly the results I would have expected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Switched on from standby this morning thinks its recording bug was again present, I have latest loader and software.

My recording schedule last night was as follows.

C5 22:00 - 22:49
    BBC3 22:28 - 23:31 switched machine to standby around 23:15
    E4 23:58 - 01:01
    BBC3 01:28 - 02:01
    BBC4 02:58 - 04:01

Swiched on 09:00 this morning all programmes recorded ok, but bug was present.
    Switched off at back to clear bug.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. Thanks for the post John. I wonder what the combination is for this bug to be triggered. Would all of these programmes have needed to have been recorded for the bug or can it be whittled right down? Does there have to be a certain type of overlap involved, and or does the schedules need to be reserved in a certain order (not chronological) etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    one of the times I know that all I'd done is "press record button" to catch the end of a programme as we were off to bed. Then pressed "standby", left the box recording in standby.

Came down in morning - Hummy was in "thinks its recording mode" but of course not actually recording anything. (Confirmed by pressing "stop" whcih showed nothing being recorded)

Jonathan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Came in from night out and did a quick check for bug and found I couldn't use pip with nothing being recorded at the time, this was at about 23:00. Circumstances as follows:

1:- hummy not in standby, set to BBC 1

2:- all recordings set for 2 mins autopadding at the beginning and end

3:- completed recordings for the day were
    ITV 1 19:28 - 22:01 world cup
    SKY 3 20:58 - 22:01 cold case
    Both tuners in use for above recordings

Seems switching to standby whilst still recording may not be the trigger, any thoughts?