Options

Doctor Who event in Berlin: Apple owners only, already sold out!

DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Doctor Who event in Berlin on 17th July, which was mention in this forum, opened for reservations last night. However: the event is being held in the Apple store on the Kurfürstendamm, and ticket reservation is only possible by downloading an app on an iPod or iPhone or iPad. Apparently only one reservation may be made per account.

The Facebook page is already full of posts from non-iThing-owners expressing their, er, disappointment at the BBC's pro-Apple discrimination tactics. It appears that tickets are sold out already, and although the BBC has responded that a link will be set up for non-iThing-owners on 3rd July, there is some scepticism as to whether this will really happen, seeing as the event is sold out (the Apple shop is big, but not that big).

(As I live in Berlin, I was hoping to go with my son, but as we are non-Applephiles, that's out.)

This is really quite appalling behaviour on the part of the BBC.

Comments

• Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    The Doctor Who event in Berlin on 17th July, which was mention in this forum, opened for reservations last night. However: the event is being held in the Apple store on the Kurfürstendamm, and ticket reservation is only possible by downloading an app on an iPod or iPhone or iPad. Apparently only one reservation may be made per account.

The Facebook page is already full of posts from non-iThing-owners expressing their, er, disappointment at the BBC's pro-Apple discrimination tactics. It appears that tickets are sold out already, and although the BBC has responded that a link will be set up for non-iThing-owners on 3rd July, there is some scepticism as to whether this will really happen, seeing as the event is sold out (the Apple shop is big, but not that big).

(As I live in Berlin, I was hoping to go with my son, but as we are non-Applephiles, that's out.)

How wicked of Apple to put their customers first.
  • Options
    bohoboybohoboy Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »

There will have been a fixed allocation of "tickets" for Apple owners and a separate amount held back for general "on-sale". It's the same for pre-sale concert tickets, the pre-sale can sell out but there will still be tickets available come general on sale.