Should Jean be in the BGT final?

cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
Forum Member
Does anyone think she should be? Personally I don't think she should but I just wonder what other DS'ers think.

Should Jean be in the BGT final? 145 votes

Yes
45% 66 votes
No
54% 79 votes

Comments

• daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Depends on how you look at it... compared to the other acts in her semi-final, there were better. Compared to the other acts in the final (with the exception of Les), she's the most entertaining. So I voted yes.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad someone's made a poll about Jean. She's the 'novelty' act and 'funny' act - but was there any talent? She obviously wasn't playing the piano and is in the final because 'she makes everyone happy' and has 'an infectious smile'.

I don't get this act, I don't get what the talent is same with Stuart Arnold.

No, she should not be in the final - lookback at other finals of BGT - the bar has been so much higher than her or 90% of the acts in the semi's!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! I respect people like her personality but i just didnt get it. Nor do i think her personality is anything special. I was waiting for her to be buzzed to be honest with you. Making the semis was bad enough but the final? !!!!!
    The magicians did a cool act.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the final so far should be:

Ronan Parkes
    Paul Gbegbaje (I wouldn't mind Joe Oakley here instead)
    David and Karen
    Up and Over It (I wouldn't mind Two and a Half Men here instead)
    Les Gibson
    Gay and Alan

So no, for me she shouldn't be in the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Joe Oakley
    Paul Gbegbaje
    David and Karen
    Two and a Half Men
    Les Gibson
    The Circus of Horrors
    Out of the Blue
    Edward Reid
    Michael Collings
    Razy Gogonea

IMO should be the finalists from all the semis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murdock129 wrote: »
    Joe Oakley
    Paul Gbegbaje
    David and Karen
    Two and a Half Men
    Les Gibson
    The Circus of Horrors
    Out of the Blue
    Edward Reid
    Michael Collings
    Razy Gogonea

IMO should be the finalists from all the semis

I completely agree - Perfect Final out of the contestants.
    I voted No because although she has a lovely personality & is very infectious, Is banging around on a keyboard really worthy of the final? (And yes, i'm aware she is a professional recording person, and as she is, why doesnt she play something better?)
  • CarlaLiamForeveCarlaLiamForeve Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    She's really really talented and deserves her place. One thing, doesn't she just make you wanna dance? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she should. I'm sick of all the acts being the same on these things. Ooo, look another group of street dancers, another young singer blah blah blah. BGT is about finding someone to perform at a variety show.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Much would hav e prefered Two and a Half Men.
  • Benny_CHtBenny_CHt Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's really really talented and deserves her place. One thing, doesn't she just make you wanna dance? :)

Let's stick with facts and not just your opinion:

She play badly out of time in her performance and that shows someone without the talent to do the job she wants to do.

It was on that bad performance that she won and that is very wrong when the talented magic act performed their act faultlessly.

Those are the facts.
  • Benny_CHtBenny_CHt Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrubber wrote: »
    No. Much would hav e prefered Two and a Half Men.

Yes there were a number of acts that showed actual talent on the night for which they were judged. She wasn't one of them, but Two and a half men did.
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to see more angles of her fingers actually hitting the keys then I'll believe she is playing all the time!

It was very odd we only got about 2 seconds of seeing hands on the keyboard.... almost like she presses a button and the tune comes out for her......!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Well since she isn't talented, no definetely not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    I want to see more angles of her fingers actually hitting the keys then I'll believe she is playing all the time!

It was very odd we only got about 2 seconds of seeing hands on the keyboard.... almost like she presses a button and the tune comes out for her......!

Exactly! No way was she actually playing that thing, most of it was backing track with her thumping the odd note out. Anyone could have sat there, grinned and bopped - does it make them a star too? :mad:
  • Eloise TardellaEloise Tardella Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more than the 3 kiddie acts and the miserable piano player, but not more than the 3 acts the judges sent home.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    100% yes! she is great and very talented, and sooo funny. People who don't like her, stop being miserable farts :p
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    100% yes! she is great and very talented, and sooo funny. People who don't like her, stop being miserable farts :p

How do we KNOW she is talented? We don't see her actually playing! :)
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, her and New Bounce should definitely not be in the final and their places should have gone to Karen/David and either Two and A Half Men or Up and Over It.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    She obviously wasn't playing the piano
    you, too, would be out of your depth trying to play the piano on an electric organ.
  • derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is it's not all about talent is it? Should be but it's not.

It's more about an act leaving you feeling happy you've been apart of it and that is how I felt from Jean.:D
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If "being happy and acting like a complete ninconpoop" is a talent, then definitely yes.

But as that isn't a talent, then no. She wasn't entertaining at all, her antics are distracting at best, and Paul Gbegbaje is better.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    She reminds me of Geraldine (aka Peter Kay) performing "The Winner's Song"
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more than the 3 kiddie acts and the miserable piano player, but not more than the 3 acts the judges sent home.

I really don't get how the public voted for misery piano man one night and then hyper, jolly organ woman the next? Are the public all schizo? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The public voted her into the top three and the judges gave her each a vote, so yeah she should be in the final.

If you didn't want her there, blame the public for voting for her.
  • Conor McHaleConor McHale Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. She's playing on that grin and it's already pissing me off.

When they get rid of real talent like that cyclist, and she gets through, something has gone horribly wrong.