Options

TeamRock

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem for all radio/media groups is they struggle to sell advertising for rock based stations,
    Good point, Global's Arrow rock and Bauer's Kerrang just seem to be ticking over on London DAB and digital TV, keeping them on London terrestrial radio does help keep music payments lower, but Arrow has no ads at all, might be a placemaker to get auto renewal of an FM licence, and its future is unclear.
  • Options
    PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bizarre thing is that there isn't a magazine called "TeamRock" so the cross-promotion stuff seems a bit pointless.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hanssolo wrote: »
    Good point, Global's Arrow rock and Bauer's Kerrang just seem to be ticking over on London DAB and digital TV, keeping them on London terrestrial radio does help keep music payments lower, but Arrow has no ads at all, might be a placemaker to get auto renewal of an FM licence, and its future is unclear.

Isn't The Arrow the place-holder to keep one of the FM licences for Heart Home Counties valid?
  • Options
    CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Birdsong will return to fill the gap between July and September

I expect they will Tweet if it is. Arf arf :D
  • Options
    mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what's happened to this Heart Extra ? For me i would love to see the arrow from Globel on digi 1 .
  • Options
    midlandsfirstmidlandsfirst Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For what its worth this tweet by John Myers seems to hint at a religious station replacing it.

"John Myers @johnmyersteam · Apr 15
    God gave us Rock n Roll so I guess it's only right that #teamrock has agreed to give him his slot back."
  • Options
    SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For what its worth this tweet by John Myers seems to hint at a religious station replacing it.

"John Myers @johnmyersteam · Apr 15
    God gave us Rock n Roll so I guess it's only right that #teamrock has agreed to give him his slot back."

He is probably referring to Premier staying on D1, with Heart Extra directly replacing Team Rock (rather than replacing Premier as was the original plan).
  • Options
    CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye to TeamRock from Digital 1.
  • Options
    digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably Heart Extra will be along soon now TeamRock has vacated the space?
  • Options
    tellymantellyman Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please, please, please, let it be Gold!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BEASTIESBEASTIES Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Couldn't find Teamrock today and assumed it was weather-related. Just stumbled over this thread. Wtf? Thanks a bunch Teamrock, us rock radio listeners in the shires now have only Planet Not Much Rock or NOTHING to listen to!!

What the hell is all that guff from the CEO in April about their listeners demanding no radio station??? This is all just bizarre.