9300 guide

2»

Comments

• Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EEPhil wrote: »
    I think we do have to hope that Humax sort the holey EPG problem out soon. This piddling about deleting a multiplex is no good for me!

No me neither, I want the box to work properly with a full set of channels even if most of them are a waste of bandwidth. The reality is though, in my case the lack of a full EPG hasn't caused me any problems.
  • Options
    iceboyiceboy Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    the only thing is Les...if say i won't be in wednesday at all then it cocks the recording system up completly because i can only go a few days at a time and even if i left to go out on wednesday morning on the day..the guide is sometimes not full and there are still gaps..so yes it does cause a lot of concern..mostly that bloody humax wont answer questions or fix problems..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iceboy wrote: »
    the only thing is Les...if say i won't be in wednesday at all then it cocks the recording system up completly because i can only go a few days at a time and even if i left to go out on wednesday morning on the day..the guide is sometimes not full and there are still gaps..so yes it does cause a lot of concern..mostly that bloody humax wont answer questions or fix problems..

You're in the same region as me, you're using a machine that operates similarly to mine (the same as my friend), I've checked my EPG today and yes there are a few holes but only in the end three days. So what are you not doing that I (and my friend) are doing?
  • Options
    EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    ... The reality is though, in my case the lack of a full EPG hasn't caused me any problems.

Ditto. It's a pain having to set things one or two days before they occur rather than a week. But it isn't the end of the world. An EPG downloaded from my dongle or the Radio Times (mag. or online) + manual recording setting gets around some of the problems. However, it would be nice for things to work as they did earlier this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're in the same region as me, you're using a machine that operates similarly to mine (the same as my friend), I've checked my EPG today and yes there are a few holes but only in the end three days. So what are you not doing that I (and my friend) are doing?
    who knows what happens when it retunes...but as the last reply said its not the end of the world and i too would like things to works has they should..it would be nice if humax did acknowledge there is a problem and at least try and fix it..because i gather its only humax boxes that are affected, i'm not sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iceboy wrote: »
    who knows what happens when it retunes...but as the last reply said its not the end of the world and i too would like things to works has they should..it would be nice if humax did acknowledge there is a problem and at least try and fix it..because i gather its only humax boxes that are affected, i'm not sure.

If you follow my Manual Search instructions and re-tune only to Waltham (if that is the transmitter your aerial is pointing at) using channel numbers 61, 54, 29, 56 and 57 then your box will be correctly tuned and that is the best you can do. Be assured that Humax are well aware of the EPG problem, but if they fix it or not is probably in the hands of head office far far away in another land.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    many thanks to bigles and martin for their time and anyone else who put their views/ideas/imput on this post:)
  • Options
    NorthPoleNorthPole Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I realise it's not adding anything to the discussion of a known problem - but last Thursday I was trying to schedule a film showing on Channel 5 the following Monday, and the EPG still hadn't fully populated for all channels after two hours! My PVR 9300 was manually tuned after the last re-shuffle in October BTW.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not only the EPG that's giving problems after the recent channel re-shuffle. In the last week my 9200 has had a very delayed response to remote commands on two occasions, both times were just after two simultaneous recordings had started. I left the machine to sort itself out, which it did and operated normally afterwards.
  • Options
    creddishcreddish Posts: 5,285
    Forum Member
    It's not only the EPG that's giving problems after the recent channel re-shuffle. In the last week my 9200 has had a very delayed response to remote commands on two occasions, both times were just after two simultaneous recordings had started. I left the machine to sort itself out, which it did and operated normally afterwards.
    I only carried out the Sep 12 retune and the more recent one about two weeks ago. I experienced delayed remote responses for several weeks prior to doing the retune so I don't associate the issue with post-retune changes. The delays were typically between 5 and 20 secs and tended to recur for several minutes before settling down

Colin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    creddish wrote: »
    I only carried out the Sep 12 retune and the more recent one about two weeks ago. I experienced delayed remote responses for several weeks prior to doing the retune so I don't associate the issue with post-retune changes. The delays were typically between 5 and 20 secs and tended to recur for several minutes before settling down

Colin

Well I don't know if the delayed remote response is anything to do with the channel re-shuffle events but I do know I didn't experience delayed remote responses before, other than slight delays just after switch-on.
  • Options
    davhardydavhardy Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    It's a while since I last checked but the EPG on my 9300 appeared have a few less gaps than a couple of weeks ago. Most channels were populated for the full week ahead though some of the minor channels were programmed only for the next 3 or 4 days. Have there been any developments to rectify this ongoing problem or is the apparent improvement a temporary coincidence?

It was suggested earlier that Humax were aware of the problem and were working on a solution - has there been any reaction from them to date?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment my 9200 EPG is about 90% full but last weekend my friend's 9300 EPG was almost totally empty after the first three days, I'll check again tomorrow.