Options

How awesome was CeeCee to stand her ground?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    iris beaconiris beacon Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    The manipulation of contestants and the audience is just getting worse.

The producers must think people are morons.

A lot of people are morons, sadly. That's why the producers keep pulling crap like this over and over again - because they know they can get away with it.

Ask them why and they'll probably reply: "the public get the television they deserve."
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am fed up of the judges telling groups to split up while putting their own groups together. Cece was ok but forgettable on her own. In a group she was more standout.
  • Options
    The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think that much of her tbh. Too shouty with poor diction.
  • Options
    japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    sorry but going to disagree with the consensus here

I wouldn't want one of my friends to sacrifice a chance at a better future for me , and I wouldn't consider myself a true friend either if I let them do that and felt I was holding them back

if anything this is the type of thing that is more likely to end friendships than if they had decided she should go it alone , as she would be constantly thinking "what if" and her friends worrying they had held her back

Totally agree with this
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she is called SeeSee, and would make a great single artist. Wasted in a group, as is Jeanette Akua.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was quite telling how they showed this soon after thingy from The Daisy Chains had auditioned. They are clearly setting up thingy (Hannah??) to look bad.
  • Options
    elliebopelliebop Posts: 90
    Forum Member

I wouldn't want one of my friends to sacrifice a chance at a better future for me , and I wouldn't consider myself a true friend either if I let them do that and felt I was holding them back

if anything this is the type of thing that is more likely to end friendships than if they had decided she should go it alone , as she would be constantly thinking "what if" and her friends worrying they had held her back

I didn't buy a lot of it. This show is in it's 10th series and they've been putting bands together and splitting them up almost since the beginning, though I'm not sure exactly when. If I was to audition as part of a group (I can't sing for toffee so I won't bother) then I would discuss it with my fellow group first in case that happened. Surely that's common sense? :confused:

What is confusing me is that CeCe did the admirable thing and stood by her band mates which I applaud. However, she's ended up in another (manufactured) all-girl band. Can someone fill me in on what happened there? Did the band split up anyway or did the judges ask them to split at bootcamp or something?
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elliebop wrote: »
    I didn't buy a lot of it. This show is in it's 10th series and they've been putting bands together and splitting them up almost since the beginning, though I'm not sure exactly when. If I was to audition as part of a group (I can't sing for toffee so I won't bother) then I would discuss it with my fellow group first in case that happened. Surely that's common sense? :confused:

What is confusing me is that CeCe did the admirable thing and stood by her band mates which I applaud. However, she's ended up in another (manufactured) all-girl band. Can someone fill me in on what happened there? Did the band split up anyway or did the judges ask them to split at bootcamp or something?

I bet they told the other two to go and felt SeSe was too good to lose so they made this band with Jeanette and Reillie - I bet they must have had this idea just before bootcamp started
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is such a nice person, and i would love her to do well.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    How lovely to see a contestant who isn't so desperate for fame that they would drop their bandmates at the drop of a hat:D
    CeeCee has integrity and loyalty. I hope Dynamix go far:)

The thing is, has she ruined her chances of making a successful career for herself? I think the other two should have maybe gave her the okay to go on without them. If she didn't make it to the final, they could have then reformed and carried on as they were. I think they should have given her the okay to go on solo though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SeSe will be in the new group for sure.
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another agreement here.

It also showed how the Daisy Chain girls weren't what I would class as true friends. I didn't think of Hannah as a villain for leaving the group, but thought the other two girls unpleasant for not being gracious about it.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed!

As it happens I think the two situation are not that comparable. The girl that decided to go solo was told that it was the only hope of going through. It should have been a no brainer for her and her "friends".

CeeCee had not been told that they wouldn't go though as a group and so she made no sacrifice. If the judges had turned them down, she could always have changed her decision.

As it happens I think that both situations were probably manufactured to "make good telly".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to seeing SeeSee in the new group.
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really interested to see how this group develops now. Most groups only have one main star (Beyoncé, JT, Harry Styles, etc.) in their roster but this one seems to have two already in SeSe and Jeanette. I hope the third member can hold her own but if she's as good as the aforementioned two then this group could actually win this.