Rugby League 2015

Comments

• tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,535
    Forum Member
    Hollywood actor Russell Crowe shares his ideas for the future of rugby league, explains why he doesn't enjoy one-day international "pyjama" cricket, and says sport should be played to "inspire kids".

Originally from New Zealand, 50-year-old Crowe also tells the story of the rise of South Sydney Rabbitohs, the Australian rugby league team he part-owns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/31555261
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good game last night I thought, strange decisions not to single bin the players though I thought.

Hopefully Wigan will make it 1-1 in terms of Super League v the NRL.
  • tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Them Bradford bulls don't have do some whinging still moaning calling us thugs they mixed it as much they should admit they need to get fitter
    Once they do they will be up there in the mix
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And once again the Aussie head hunters get away with it.

Now Wigan are at it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try of the season from Wigan to put it to golden point!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A chargedown at a penalty, something not seen since I was nine years old.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me the biggest difference in both games is defence.

The Dragons and Brisbane are not the best of the NRL, are behind the SL sides in terms of being up to speed and also had less than a week to prepare but both very well drilled when it comes to defence. Both Warrington and Wigan had enough ball but the two NRL sides were extremely difficult to breach.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    The halves for Wigan and Brisbane were pretty average last night. Both teams in attack Could have been better.

Wigan miss Blake Green.. That partnership with matty Smith worked very well.

Thought it was a brusing match for sure. Both teams went at it and the try from burgess was sensational.

From both games so far I would argue that Wigan and Warrington still looked pretty rusty. They not up to full speed yet.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a bit of a mismatch this year, it was like a Challenge Cup game between a Super League and Championship team. Burgess played really well but not sure how anybody eclipsed Luke for man of the match.
  • dazcdazc Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    south Sydney were very good super league still way behind NRL
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a tad bit embarrassing tonight, I was waiting for Saints to join in, and just get a point, but they never did.

Congratulations to the NRL sides they fully deserved to win all of their matches.

I liked the concept of the tournament, perhaps it can be replicated in Australia next time, and we can have it rotate from one country to the next, rather than winner stages the next, otherwise it would always be down under!
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Went to the game tonight. Souths were excellent, defence on point and always looked like scoring tries.

One amazing team.

Shocked how many Souths fans were at the game. People in Souths merchandise everywhere.. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a tad bit embarrassing tonight, I was waiting for Saints to join in, and just get a point, but they never did.

Congratulations to the NRL sides they fully deserved to win all of their matches.

I liked the concept of the tournament, perhaps it can be replicated in Australia next time, and we can have it rotate from one country to the next, rather than winner stages the next, otherwise it would always be down under!

Need to look at taking it to Dubai or Hong Kong.

South's were brilliant and again what the three games showed us was that the intensity the Aussie clubs play at week in week out makes such a difference. You have bad games in the NRL you lose while the in Superleague the top sides can coast to the playoffs .
    Forum Member
    Just about thawed out good hard game between Halifax and Leigh like the old days in the mudbath
    Leigh played well and did enough Halifax will be up there on that performance

A big defeat for London they gonna have up their game next week against us
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    Went to the game tonight. Souths were excellent, defence on point and always looked like scoring tries.

)

I think the Souths are really a cut above even all the other Aussie teams, so a heavy defeat was no disgrace. However, agree with what everyone else was saying about defensive intensity and properly worked-out kicks. Apart from Danny Brough too many English kickers are just hit and hope.
    Forum Member
    Hock has left Salford and is being strongly linked with us please no
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, our teams may not play with the intensity the Aussies do, we may not defend so ruggedly, our kicking game may not be so well focussed, but at least our scandals are pretty small-scale as well.

"The Gold Coast Titans are to be taken over by the Australia's National Rugby League, amid a drug scandal.

Five of the club's players have been suspended over either possessing or supplying cocaine."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-31598266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, our teams may not play with the intensity the Aussies do, we may not defend so ruggedly, our kicking game may not be so well focussed, but at least our scandals are pretty small-scale as well.

"The Gold Coast Titans are to be taken over by the Australia's National Rugby League, amid a drug scandal.

Five of the club's players have been suspended over either possessing or supplying cocaine."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-31598266

See how quick the NRL act though and take over. Within days.
    Forum Member
    Gareth hock signs for Leigh big split with the fans this it could go two ways hopefully will go the right way

Sad news for Fuifui Moimoi his nephew been shot dead in the USA thoughts with the big man
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame for Moi Moi and his family.

Big risk with Hock, but now you've signed him, your fans might as well get behind him. It's his last chance saloon. I hope he sorts his head out.
    Forum Member
    London to duel register with Wakefield Jarrod summut to play against Leigh intresting one this if Wakefield finish in bottom four would they let their players play for london and featherstone
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Shame for Moi Moi and his family.

Big risk with Hock, but now you've signed him, your fans might as well get behind him. It's his last chance saloon. I hope he sorts his head out.

Thanks big gamble hock will go well when he plays
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no sign of any lessons in defensive organisation being learnt since last week, then.
    Forum Member
    Sad to Joe grima leave London they going find it difficult to finish in top four
    Forum Member
    Why won't the RL let us run an under 19,s team crazy all our younsters will end up at other clubs