SCR refugee station

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Gingerfake;33246458]

Until then, I'll remain on R4 ....Law in action today was superb. Do you know LEGALLY who owns your body? It isnt you BS.....[/QUOTE]

well go on then gf....tell us!!!! with regard to the dannyboy show imho you cant help but kike him...i find him surprisingly innoffensive and even a little wishy washy?? i thought he may have put more of his own stamp on proceedings??
    enjoying jt in the afternoons at the mo and dare i say i find the sussex breakfast show almost worth listening to while ole passion fingers is away on maternity leave........long may it last ......in fact why dont you stay on maternity leave until the baby goes off to university???? (congatulations to the pair of you of course)
    off thread slightly... i see that southern sound or whatever they decided to call it latterly is now finished and gone forever......a sad day for LOCAL radio:(:(:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonnybebad wrote: »

Until then, I'll remain on R4 ....Law in action today was superb. Do you know LEGALLY who owns your body? It isnt you BS.....

well go on then gf....tell us!!!! with regard to the dannyboy show imho you cant help but kike him...i find him surprisingly innoffensive and even a little wishy washy?? i thought he may have put more of his own stamp on proceedings??
    enjoying jt in the afternoons at the mo and dare i say i find the sussex breakfast show almost worth listening to while ole passion fingers is away on maternity leave........long may it last ......in fact why dont you stay on maternity leave until the baby goes off to university???? (congatulations to the pair of you of course)
    off thread slightly... i see that southern sound or whatever they decided to call it latterly is now finished and gone forever......a sad day for LOCAL radio:(:(:([/QUOTE]

Here you are Jonnybebad. The answer is.... wait for it....................................................................................................

Nobody does.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8115399.stm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you might have liked a couple of comments made by Roger Day this evening, Ginger.

This show is not run by computer, it's put together by me, in my head and I like it that way. (Sorry, not verbatim, but you get the sense of it).

Blimey, I thought, hardly the formulaic SCR approach - he'll have to go, won't he?:rolleyes:

And by the way, who do they keep telling us to go to their website as e.g. bbc.co.uk/surrey (or /sussex) but then when you do the URL up the top still says /southerncounties? Don't they know what the station is called?
  • Robert WilliamsRobert Williams Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And by the way, who do they keep telling us to go to their website as e.g. bbc.co.uk/surrey (or /sussex) but then when you do the URL up the top still says /southerncounties? Don't they know what the station is called?
    All of the BBC local websites across the UK are in the process of being relaunched, and sometime this summer they will be launching two separate websites for Surrey and Sussex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    IIRC there are a few fans of SB-ism's out there so here's one from this morning.

'Fab Top 5' topic was "When you have been embarrassed by your other half or when they have embarrassed you?"
    Er, run that one past us again..... They did and it was still the same. :confused::rolleyes:;)

Don't blame me, I didn't write that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the BBC local websites across the UK are in the process of being relaunched, and sometime this summer they will be launching two separate websites for Surrey and Sussex.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, that old favourite... the relaunch of the relaunch of the relaunch of the relaunch.... recurring
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gingerfake wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, that old favourite... the relaunch of the relaunch of the relaunch of the relaunch.... recurring

...or to use the post 2006 SCR vernacular, radiogroundhogday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...or to use the post 2006 SCR vernacular, radiogroundhogday.

IIRC Groundhog Day started every day at 6am. Fortunately SCR ooops BBC Sussex and Surrey (yes that relaunch of the relaunch of the relaunch ....) I and other 6 am risers are now spared that scenario ;).

My alarm goes off at 6am....., but its to Radio 4.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much enjoyed a large chunk of an SCR programme today - no, I'm not ill..:D

Yes, you've guessed it, it was the prime Roger Day interview between 7.20 and 8.00 pm. I've never been that great a Seekers fan (well, never a fan actually, it was my parents' music). But it was a tremendously well done interview by a genuine radio professional who knows his topic - remember them, there used to be quite a few on the airwaves?

Ah, sorry, you've caught me out again - of course, it wasn't a SCR (or even BBC Sussex and BBC Surrey) programme at all, was it?

Ah, silly me!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    jonnybebad wrote: »

Until then, I'll remain on R4 ....Law in action today was superb. Do you know LEGALLY who owns your body? It isnt you BS.....

off thread slightly... i see that southern sound or whatever they decided to call it latterly is now finished and gone forever......a sad day for LOCAL radio:(:(:([/QUOTE]

Is Neil actually away on Maternity leave? Surely he is the wrong sex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Whilst on the subject of maternity leave, I understand that the new Pringle baby is called Poppy. Hmmmmm.............Poppy Pringle??!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poppy is a lovely name and well chosen methinks.

How you found this out I have no idea. You don't actually listen do you......????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Whilst on the subject of maternity leave, I understand that the new Pringle baby is called Poppy. Hmmmmm.............Poppy Pringle??!!

Poppy Pringle sounds kinda weird, doesn't really go but I guess one would get used to it. My Mum's cat was called Poppy, so is my friends dog. No, Poppy IS a nice name. It's the pringle I don't like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member

How you found this out I have no idea. You don't actually listen do you......????

No, I don't listen. I was told by a friend who contacted the show to find out if the baby had arrived.

I agree that Poppy is a nice name, but I don't think it goes very well with Pringle:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't need to Ginger, old boy (he says in an 'Ed' sort of way).

Perhaps not surprisingly the news got top billing on the "Buzz" newsletter thingy this week.

Bit late home again tonight and a rather famous personage called Dave Cash was on SCR (well, BBC Kent really as they used their 0845 number and once again only referred to Kent's Twenty20 cricket match).

He had quite a good record request show. Don't BBC Sussex or BBC Surrey have their own programmes after 18.59 any more?

No, well, never mind those "BBC across the South" shows on at that time seem quite good without them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Poppy is a nice name, but I am not sure it goes with Pringle. Who is taking his place whilst he is away? I may give it a listen as it would seem that the dreadful Sara Kennedy is back next week.
  • .Janet..Janet. Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I've been listening to Solent for most of the day and heard that Joe Talbot will be presenting the Drivetime show for the coming week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    npbgihtp wrote: »
    Poppy is a nice name, but I am not sure it goes with Pringle. Who is taking his place whilst he is away? I may give it a listen as it would seem that the dreadful Sara Kennedy is back next week.

to late npbgihtp..........sb was deputising......but np is back on monday....back to the bullying,self opinionated, nonsense... for me though it will mean re tuning further up the dial:D
  • RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Janet. wrote: »
    I've been listening to Solent for most of the day and heard that Joe Talbot will be presenting the Drivetime show for the coming week.

I can see Joe being the next to leave SCR as he has never been used to his full potential on there just used to cover for holidays apart from when he had the early show. With Chris Carnegy now in at Radio Solent i wouldnt be surprised if this week is just the beginning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridgieman wrote: »
    I can see Joe being the next to leave SCR as he has never been used to his full potential on there just used to cover for holidays apart from when he had the early show. With Chris Carnegy now in at Radio Solent i wouldnt be surprised if this week is just the beginning.

Joe Talbot would be a serious loss to whats left of the station, He is one of very few whom listeners empathise with. I suspect behind the scenes management would fight tooth and nail to keep him.... if they had any sense that is.
    I was wondering after PP post abour Roger Day.. I wonder how many people now actually count as listeners from the Breakfast show thro to 7pm ?
  • .Janet..Janet. Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    As far as I know, Joe is only standing in on Solent Drivetime this week. I'm not aware of him having been on the station before, but I'm not a regular listener. There would have been a time when Dom would have covered that show.

The recent change of management already seems to have led to the return of Nick Girdler, so changes are starting there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm. I think its to early to declare an outbreak of sanity.

While various people are heading in to the confessional, can I just admit to listening to SCR on friday. Well, not SCR precisely (and I dont mean just because its BS&BS) because it was Dave Cash standing in for Roger Day (and frankly, anything was better than listening to another Micheal Jackson song. ) The Great Gambo was holding forth with a show on Radio 2 to MJ and at least half a dozen others prompted me to keep twiddling the dial. I listened all the way to Oxfordshire. I dont think Dave Cash was exceptional... "adequate" seems to cover it.

Meanwhile, Sararah Kennedy was back on Radio 2 at 6 this morning with Johnnie Walker in for Wogan at 7.30. Altogether passable and I dont get my intelligence insulted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many people now actually count as listeners from the Breakfast show thro to 7pm ?

I guess on about 3 days a week I manage between 5 and 10 or even 15 mins per day (Sunday mornings 6-10am notwithstanding), so I guess SCR Towers can count me as a listener?

I wonder if they are in the slightest concerned who else I listen to for the rest of my day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess on about 3 days a week I manage between 5 and 10 or even 15 mins per day (Sunday mornings 6-10am notwithstanding), so I guess SCR Towers can count me as a listener?

I wonder if they are in the slightest concerned who else I listen to for the rest of my day?

THE Listener. :D Even RAJAR is struggling to find people who listen that often.

(Mind you, on that basis, didnt they ought to be putting on stuff you want to listen to?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE Listener. :D Even RAJAR is struggling to find people who listen that often.

(Mind you, on that basis, didnt they ought to be putting on stuff you want to listen to?)

Might I recommend Law in Action again this week R4, It was very interesting indeed.
This discussion has been closed.