"trespass" vs "obstructive parking" - opinions please...

2»

Comments

• Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish this was the only thing I had to worry about in life...jeez get over it..nothing really happened and you were in the wrong parking there!!
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Miles_T wrote: »
    I wish this was the only thing I had to worry about in life...
    Well I was quite wound-up at the time though I calmed down before posting.

OK I get that (almost!) everyone on here are siding with a driver - who may or may not have had responsibility for the area of land in question - parking to block the access.

If it was his land, I think it was "selfish" of him to hog the whole of a 20-30 space car park for one vehicle, occupants attending a free event. Of course I could have parked at the roadside, like those who arrived after. I'm mindful that the road was a rear access to a 24hour operating factory, more likely to be needed in an emergency than one that was closed overnight - though of course I parked away from the entrances to the car park and the premises.

What has occurred to me, if emergency access were required whilst the other driver's vehicle was across the car park entrance (ie. the fire brigade responding to an alarm) and they could not due to the position of his car, would that have invalidated the premise's insurance cover - or if his vehicle were damaged in shoving it out of the way, the insurance on that.

As to allowing other vehicles to use my drive whilst I was out;
    That is hardly the same - I might return at any time - a factory car park empty at 6.30pm Friday is unlikely to be required by the workforce at 8.30pm the same night,
    No-one would have known I'd parked there if the other driver had not had the same idea,
    The firework event is once per year,
    Were a similar event to be held in the vicinity of my own home (or other land belonging to me) I would consider it the community-spirited thing to do, to open up that land for parking.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    You.
    Were.
    In.
    The.
    Wrong.
    Give it up. Whether his insurance would have been invalidated or not is sod all to do with you. As for public spirited why should he allow every Tom, Dick and Harry to parm there? If there was damage caused if he allowed it then how would he get recompense?
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    What has occurred to me, if emergency access were required whilst the other driver's vehicle was across the car park entrance (ie. the fire brigade responding to an alarm) and they could not due to the position of his car, would that have invalidated the premise's insurance cover - or if his vehicle were damaged in shoving it out of the way, the insurance on that.

Maybe. Maybe not. His problem, in either case, not yours.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    I can't believe you're still banging on about this. You were i the wrong. You're just coming up with some lame-arse excuses to try and justify what you did and trying to make him out to be a liar.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just forget it OP, not worth it