Options

UkIp success

tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
Forum Member
✭✭
The success of the UkIp party, or the relative increase in popularity of them spells out the Uk want a 3rd party. Too long with 2 parties with the same ideas.
It's a shame people aren't more looking at the Green Party as well since they've upped their policies to be more competitive an option. (Eg they're no longer just about the green element)

Comments

• Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The success of the UkIp party, or the relative increase in popularity of them spells out the Uk want a 3rd party. Too long with 2 parties with the same ideas.
    It's a shame people aren't more looking at the Green Party as well since they've upped their policies to be more competitive an option. (Eg they're no longer just about the green element)

Probably because we're all paying £112pa green taxes on our fuel bills. http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/10/the-seven-green-taxes-that-put-112-on-your-energy-bill-and-which-of-them-ed-miliband-brought-in/
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually welcome people voting for the other parties in existence. For too long people have been locked into a "sheep mentality" of Labour, Conservative of Lib Dem. Time after time it has been shown that there is little between them nowadays but people still still argue over who is better - when in reality all are as bad as each other.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really don't think it is, not with their green taxes, their 'climate change' dogma, their hate of motorist, their daft minimum wage target of £10, their lax views on immigration and free movement, which kind of contradict their green policies :confused: Then you only have to look at the state of their party members and followers. Really doesn't do well to dispel the stereotype of them being lentil eating, middle class tree huggers with a few militant feminists to boot.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to hear an alternate view on the greens. But the £10 thing, I think was a living wage by the year 2020. And not sure that puts me off, other than the green taxes.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear an alternate view on the greens. But the £10 thing, I think was a living wage by the year 2020. And not sure that puts me off, other than the green taxes.

They bang on about "fairness" but want to remove the benefit cap put in place by the Coalition. How is this "fair" for hard-working people?
  • Options
    sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    I actually welcome people voting for the other parties in existence. For too long people have been locked into a "sheep mentality" of Labour, Conservative of Lib Dem. Time after time it has been shown that there is little between them nowadays but people still still argue over who is better - when in reality all are as bad as each other.

More people are voting for smaller parties which I also welcome. Sticking my neck out, I say we could see around 2 million voting for UKIP & Green party next year & hopefully a few MP's .
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I like the green party and think i might vote for them.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine If the two main parties were UKIP and the Greens. It would certainly give people a definite left-right split and a bit of choice, instead of the Con-Lab-Lib cartel.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    For too long people have been locked into a "sheep mentality" of Labour, Conservative of Lib Dem.

Happily, we can discount the LibDems now.
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    Happily, we can discount the LibDems now.

Why are you happy about it?
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Why are you happy about it?

No more ginger-bearded, sandal-wearing flip-floppers stinking up the place.