Options

Alan Sugar calls plus size model "fatty" on Twitter

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Why should he apologize to because he said the fat woman was fat?

Looks like a simple statement of reality to me.
    I agree. I think he was replying to the twitter in the same way it was sent to him....

Maybe he didn't like some random person calling him "sugar"?

Either way, whatever it was, why on earth did she feel the need to actually make a complaint about it! Seems a bit too tame to me.

Compare this to real bullying that kids suffer in schools and it'll just make her look pathetic and attention seeking.

Besides she is fat! If the cap fits....

I've just read that Wonkeydonkey thinks this is abuse..............:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Mr Sugar or Alan sounds fine to me. Lord sounds OTT :D .
    After seeing group after group of fawning sycophants in the boardroom, he can only ever be 'Suralan' and if for some that brings up images of a bowing/bobbing Piers Fletcher-Dervish doing the 'cowed fawning sycophant' to an absolute 'T' then so much the better!

I have never seen Suralan as anything other than blunt and 'sweet' is not the first word to spring to mind, certainly nowhere near 'comedic' and I have no idea why anyone would think that the tweet that set this off would get anything other than a very non-comical blunt response with possibly a shovel of sarcasm thrown in.

Any response seen as entirely overboard would presumably get one of the proper online excuses:
    - someone hacked my account
    - gosh that auto-correct is wacky isn't it?
    - a common typo, the keys are like right next to each other

The lesson here surely is 'if seeking attention, choose your targets carefully' which may or may not have been the case here, depending on how much actual publicity is successfully generated.
  • Options
    DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a forum where certain sub forums, esp reality tv shows/ showbiz are chock to the brim of people being slagged off or people posting pretty outrageous things, I am somewhat surprised that anyone would really take offence at 'fatty'.

It seems pretty mild in comparison to some of the stuff you see here, let alone some of the things you see on FB/ twitter etc.