LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every person calling NA this evening seems to have a really peculiar voice. Turn one down and then the next one is worse. Most odd.
  • Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imo this should have happened years ago. He's running on empty. He should be paid off and put out to pasture. This might seem cruel, but it's the way of the world. He could still write columns, blogs and so on. Especially with the contacts he has, which are impressive.

No cruelty needed. LBC aren't being altruistic in continuing to employ Steve. He's still bringing in the biggest audience in London in his slot and one must assume enhanced advertising revenue based thereon. The moment he ceases to be an asset to them, he'll be gone. He's nearly 10% of their output and his hours increased only last year, so fears of his demise are greatly exaggerated .
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,543
    Forum Member
    Katie Hopkins is going to be standing in for Beverly Turner on Sunday! Road testing her are they? >:( I think LBC have lost the plot here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Katie Hopkins is going to be standing in for Beverly Turner on Sunday! Road testing her are they? >:( I think LBC have lost the plot here.

I think they have too. LBC has a lot of listeners from the Asian/black communities and, given Hopkins' views on Muslims and immigrants, I can't see her being popular with them. Can't see her being popular with any right-thinking person actually.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,543
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    I think they have too. LBC has a lot of listeners from the Asian/black communities and, given Hopkins' views on Muslims and immigrants, I can't see her being popular with them. Can't see her being popular with any right-thinking person actually.

I won't bother tuning in and I hope loads of people boycot the programme.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

My late husband was Arabic/Muslim, I'm a fatty, I detest her for her views on people like us, but for many, many other reasons too.

You're right that nobody in their right mind would think any good of her - I wouldn't even want to know them.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the new buy to let car ad "Costing us money but making us nothing"!

Wonder how Chris,Carl and Pria are getting on with their "Buy To Let" cars they do not seem to get a mention these days perhaps they flogged them after the last lot of ads .:D:D
  • coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Was Frank Maloney there as a UKIP spokesman?

No he wasnt representing a party.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched J O'B's Late Show on iPlayer. Again, enjoyable. He seems to have solved the problem of the belligerent scowl by wearing glasses, so that he doesn't have to squint at the autocue. He's quite a bearable watch when he relaxes and stops trying to be Frost or Paxman.

Morning all. :)
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Just watched J O'B's Late Show on iPlayer. Again, enjoyable. He seems to have solved the problem of the belligerent scowl by wearing glasses, so that he doesn't have to squint at the autocue. He's quite a bearable watch when he relaxes and stops trying to be Frost or Paxman.

Morning all. :)

Had a quick look in on J O'B's Late Show on iPlayer. He does look more at ease presenting and less gawky wearing glasses. James is a trier alright, although some might say trying at times. ;-)
    Forum Member
    Can't see her opting for the graveyard shift, unless it's just for a trial. She plays for higher stakes. Possibly take over from Bev?
    I also wonder if Mellor/Livingstone are on the wane.

I've wondered about that too. Didn't either Mellor or Livingstone say, the reason for the show being cut by an hour was because people didn't listen much around lunchtime? It didn't seem to make a lot of sense with whatever was said.
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    I see Christopher Meyer is standing in for Mellor this morning, but didn't he previously stand in for Ken in the past? So... what does that say about the programme's nod towards to balance?
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    I see Christopher Meyer is standing in for Mellor this morning, but didn't he previously stand in for Ken in the past? So... what does that say about the programme's nod towards to balance?

They are obviously balancing him across two presenters ;-)
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good grief! Are you suggesting that there are people capable of giving a fair and unbiased view?
    Forum Member

Like a trapeze artist ? :o
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the new buy to let car ad "Costing us money but making us nothing"!

Wonder how Chris,Carl and Pria are getting on with their "Buy To Let" cars they do not seem to get a mention these days perhaps they flogged them after the last lot of ads .:D:D

Hah - probably busy seeking legal advice .
  • pretty flamingopretty flamingo Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I have noticed recently that Petrie Hosken has started to refer to herself as 'Petrie' in the style of Cher or Madonna. Today she has even referred to herself in the third person. I cannot figure out why she annoys me so much but it's getting worse.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Hah - probably busy seeking legal advice .

...from Winston Wolf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have noticed recently that Petrie Hosken has started to refer to herself as 'Petrie' in the style of Cher or Madonna. Today she has even referred to herself in the third person. I cannot figure out why she annoys me so much but it's getting worse.
    "Yes It's ME. Cristo !!!" :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    I'm very pleased to see quite a backlash on Twitter regarding the Hopkins troll being on LBC and am glad that I'm not alone. I hope they realise their error and that it has a detrimental effect on the station's listening figures.
    Forum Member
    I'm very pleased to see quite a backlash on Twitter regarding the Hopkins troll being on LBC and am glad that I'm not alone. I hope they realise their error and that it has a detrimental effect on their rating.

Ooh - is there a hashtag I can use and join in?
    Forum Member
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Ooh - is there a hashtag I can use and join in?

There isn't one specifically for LBC, but she's 'trending' and the comments are all in there.

Edit - here's a sample from radio presenter/actor Adil Ray - How is Katie Hopkins not seen as a hate preaching extremist. Yet she's an acceptable face for @LBC @ITV @itvthismorning and R4 media show.
    Forum Member
    There isn't one specifically for LBC, but she's 'trending' and the comments are all in there.

Thanks Rm. I hope everyone tells the advertisers, too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very pleased to see quite a backlash on Twitter regarding the Hopkins troll being on LBC and am glad that I'm not alone. I hope they realise their error and that it has a detrimental effect on the station's listening figures.

Good to know.
    Forum Member
    Good to know.

Yes, it certainly is.

Here's another one - "@JamesRea @ashleytabor seems lots of your audience aren't to happy @LBC has no moral decency. #lbcfail pic.twitter.com/pqfbdoU23v"

Anyone else unhappy with her getting airtime, please tell James Rea and Ashley Tabor, either on Twitter or in an e-mail, the more, the better.

What with her recent disgusting comments in The Sun, people are realising that LBC should not be allowing her to preach her hateful views.

Edit - and another, which links to pictures of the station's all-white managerial team - "Surprised by @LBC's poor diversity in employment record & decision to hire Katie Hopkins? Look at their leadership pic.twitter.com/u3RHl5q2a2"
This discussion has been closed.