LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Olly Mann is one of the most expressionless presenters ever. Is he for real or plugged in? He took a call from a guy which was so moving the 7.30pm news was delayed for about 5 minutes. He literally just 'dealt' with the caller. His voice void of sentiment he just chatted away inanely. Berk.

Did I hear him say 1 million people rely on food banks ? Where did he get that figure from ?
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Did I hear him say 1 million people rely on food banks ? Where did he get that figure from ?

I didn't make it to food banks with OM, had to switch him off. He's wet behind the ears isn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    I didn't make it to food banks with OM, had to switch him off. He's wet behind the ears isn't he?

Hope it's that, and not doing a BBC and pumping out anti Tory propaganda
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hashtag now in operation against Hopkins, LBC and The Sun - #NoPlatformForHate

Quite a few #boycottLBC tweets too but I suspect not enough for LBC management to get too worried about at the moment.
  • connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    here - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/one-million-britons-using-food-banks-according-to-trussell-trust-10186142.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would guess he was quoting the figures released by the Trussell Trust yesterday that have been all over the media. As they operate a large number of food banks, I would say they are in a better position than most to make an accurate estimate.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I hope her show gets nothing but abusive calls tomorrow.

No doubt they will try to edit out non-cretins, but I hope that some are good at putting on an act and get through to cause as much chaos and disruption as possible.

I hope to rely on this thread to kindly provide basic details (NOT about her show, just about the reaction to it), as I will be listening elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No doubt they will try to edit out non-cretins, but I hope that some are good at putting on an act and get through to cause as much chaos and disruption as possible.

I will rely on this thread to kindly provide basic details, as I will be listening elsewhere.

Sadly, I think LBC would love it if she got abusive calls as they undoubtedly employed her to be controversial and to wind up the audience.

I just think it's really disappointing that LBC think her comments are acceptable to think she is worthy of having a platform on the station. Would they feel the same if she said UKIP supporters should be chased with guns and didn't care of they died? Seems as though hatred of refugees and migrants is OK.
    Forum Member

I hope to rely on this thread to kindly provide basic details (NOT about her show, just about the reaction to it), as I will be listening elsewhere.
    If you want it to fail then I would be hoping for nice calls.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gawd, Nick's boring and irritating tonight. Off!
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member

No doubt some of the sillies from the SA show will call/text/email in and then do the same tomorrow to tell SA about it.
    Forum Member
    If you want it to fail then I would be hoping for nice calls.

No.

'Nice' calls would be, from her point of view, people with the same opinion as her.

I want the calls to be unbroadcastable, to completely cause chaos.
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

'Nice' calls would be, from her point of view, people with the same opinion as her.

A demonstration against her has been organised outside LBC premises tomorrow. Good luck to those protesting. It will be interesting to see if/how LBC reports on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'll have to listen to Pienaar's Politics on catch up tomorrow at 10. Not missing this now, as usual the left out to silence views they don't like.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    A demonstration against her has been organised outside LBC premises tomorrow. Good luck to those protesting. It will be interesting to see if/how LBC reports on it.

Whether the programme is a success or not, it is going to get a lot of publicity!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'll have to listen to Pienaar's Politics on catch up tomorrow at 10. Not missing this now, as usual the left out to silence views they don't like.

Why do you think it is "the left" that want to silence Ms Hopkins? It seems to me that people of all political backgrounds have been appalled by her comments in The Sun.
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »

Oh, that's strange! As I typed the post you replied to, it flashed in my mind that a demo outside LBC HQ would be good! Well done to those who will be taking part.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

Thus supplying her with more attention, more headlines and more opportunities to boost her bank account by being "controversial".

The quickest way to silence KH is to ignore her ..............................
    Forum Member
    Sinistra wrote: »
    Thus supplying her with more attention, more headlines and more opportunities to boost her bank account by being "controversial".

The quickest way to silence KH is to ignore her ..............................

There have been many posts on Twitter today saying that ignoring her hasn't and isn't working and that more needs to be done. From journalists and the like.

I don't follow her on Twitter. I don't buy or read The Sun. I don't watch her in anything on TV. I am boycotting LBC because of her. I only get to see about what she says in things passing me by briefly on Twitter.

In fact, I avoid her like the plague that she is. She still hasn't gone away.
  • Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a recent trend in this country for people to use their democracy to try and take other people's away.:confused:
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    There have been many posts on Twitter today saying that ignoring her hasn't and isn't working and that more needs to be done. From journalists and the like.

I don't follow her on Twitter. I don't buy or read The Sun. I don't watch her in anything on TV. I am boycotting LBC because of her. I only get to see about what she says in things passing me by briefly on Twitter.

Interesting article here. I had no idea she was stooping to this level. Stig Abel being held accountable too...

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/columnists/katie-hopkins-piece-on-migrants-is-so-hateful-it-might-give-hitler-pause-why-was-it-published-31152788.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a recent trend in this country for people to use their democracy to try and take other people's away.:confused:

That describes Katie Hopkins exactly, using her freedom of speech to abuse, ridicule and incite violence against others.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve announced this morning that he would have put poison in Ronnie Biggs' food.

Morning all. :)
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member

The many tweets gives her publicity, rather defeats the purpose of ignoring her I would have thought.

I think KH is pathetic, she doesn't get my ire. She's a desperate attention-seeker with a big mouth, without conscience who hates herself. Not many 'qualifications' required for someone to do a job like hers really.
    Forum Member
    No it's not just "the left". The people who are protesting are saying (I think) that they shouldn't give her a platform. That doesn't mean that they are saying she shouldn't be allowed to say anything.

Do you agree with her views?
This discussion has been closed.