EE's 100GB PAYG SIMs are back

Comments

• shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    culabula wrote: »
    You only get 50mb to start and since you stopped the pack, you didn't get 1GB free.

ah cool. That makes things clearer. 100Gb v 1Gb... i dont think I'll whnge about it any more :)
  • culabulaculabula Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get STOP PACK to work at all it won't let me send even SMS to 150 without, it seems topping up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. That appears to be a bug in iPhone 6 plus. Tried three SIMs. No go. Then put one instead in iPhone 5s, not the slightest problem, mission accomplished.

Today appears to be the last day to activate a 100GB SIM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get STOP PACK to work at all it won't let me send even SMS to 150 without, it seems topping up.

seems to have worked for me. Did you follow the instructons in my and other's posts earlier?

Just checked balance and 99Gb remaining, £10.01 balance.

Also, I dont know if this applies to everyone or just me, I got a txt this morning to say today's the last chance to top up for this offer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. That appears to be a bug in iPhone 6 plus. Tried three SIMs. No go. Then put one instead in iPhone 5s, not the slightest problem, mission accomplished.

Today appears to be the last day to activate a 100GB SIM.

yes it seems so. I got there just in time without realising it then got the txt message a couple of hours after toppin up

Otherwise I would probably have waited another couple of days LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    yes it seems so. I got there just in time without realising it then got the txt message a couple of hours after toppin up

Otherwise I would probably have waited another couple of days LOL

Yet on their site it says we have until the 13/07 at 23:59!

Today's message appears to have been about a free ten quid.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just took my second SIM out of the envelope and it didn't work until I attempted to register it online. Shortly after texting the security code, it came to life. Entered the code and then it just logged me out and back in - and hadn't set it up. So currently I can't even add £10, unless I go out and get a top up card I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    logged into MyEE for this sim and a nice surprise to see I have a 'free' £10 credit on top. So a total of £20.01 on the sim with 100Gb per month for two months :)

It should keep me busy watching the Tour and Ashes using this sim :)
  • mlc2009mlc2009 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I ordered my sim on 23rd June, popped it in my phone today, topped up 10 and text 100gb, and I got the pack.. this was after 14 days, not bad
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had mine in my spare Moto G phone, USB tethered to a PC in a plant room... I'm amazed the Moto G has remained tethered for 668 hours non stop without issue. It's only a temp solution for remote access using Team Viewer but am most pleased that this £10 deal got me a 2 month network connection.
  • DarreninessexDarreninessex Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Wanted to test over the past month how much I could use..

So used it everyday for FaceTime,Skype, spotify and everything

Found I had used 35gb !!
  • andycatandycat Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Sorry I missed this now, just the wrong time! Need one now for my jollies!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I'm off today for a few days to Dublin, I activated the remaining three I hold which were delivered ages ago, as allegedly 23:59 on Monday night is the last day to so do. Not the slightest problem. Requested and got 100GB on all three. Knew the "14 day" palaver was a load of nonsense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I'm off today for a few days to Dublin, I activated the remaining three I hold which were delivered ages ago, as allegedly 23:59 on Monday night is the last day to so do. Not the slightest problem. Requested and got 100GB on all three. Knew the "14 day" palaver was a load of nonsense.

Will bear that in mind for next time. I know the limit is one per person. Does this limit reset next time this offer is on?

At least I got a much needed £10 bonus for registering early :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Will bear that in mind for next time. I know the limit is one per person. Does this limit reset next time this offer is on?

At least I got a much needed £10 bonus for registering early :)

Easy to get round.

I got ten pound bonuses too. Strangely one of my SIMs CAME with 12,50GBP on it.
  • ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I topped up £10 a month ago and texted to get the free 100gb. However I got a text from EE telling me that my monthly top up will expire soon and I need to top up again. My question is will I have to top up £10 again to continue getting the rest of the 100gb data I have used or do I automatically get the 100gb data until I use it all regardless if I top up again or not?
  • lightspeed2398lightspeed2398 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artmuzz wrote: »
    I topped up £10 a month ago and texted to get the free 100gb. However I got a text from EE telling me that my monthly top up will expire soon and I need to top up again. My question is will I have to top up £10 again to continue getting the rest of the 100gb data I have used or do I automatically get the 100gb data until I use it all regardless if I top up again or not?

You automatically get it without topping up. It comes up as free 100GB add on.
  • GavinAshfordGavinAshford Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    My 2nd month of 100gb ran out this morning and I thought I was done, however I got a text late last night from EE saying:
    "We hope you've enjoyed your 100gb free UK data. As an extra treat, we've given you another 100gb free for another 30days!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 2nd month of 100gb ran out this morning and I thought I was done, however I got a text late last night from EE saying:
    "We hope you've enjoyed your 100gb free UK data. As an extra treat, we've given you another 100gb free for another 30days!"

I'm jealous. Got no such text. Just got the data. Feel cheated.
  • ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got that same message too. The only difference is that it's only my 1st month of the 100gb that's ran out and isn't it supposed to be two months anyway.
  • GavinAshfordGavinAshford Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Artmuzz wrote: »
    I got that same message too. The only difference is that it's only my 1st month of the 100gb that's ran out and isn't it supposed to be two months anyway.

Yeah my mistake - I thought it had been 2 months already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back!

http://shop.ee.co.uk/campaigns/summer-sim-from-ee

I assume that people who got previous SIM cards won't qualify and will likely just end up not getting one posted (I don't think EE actually emails you to say 'sorry, one per household' or whatever the rules are).

Runs until August 31st, so that means you could be going until the end of October or even into November. Maybe they'll then do an autumn promotion.

Can someone please tell me what EE gets from this? I am sure most people are just going to pay £10 for 200GB and 'bin' the SIM. I doubt many ordinary customers that will continue topping up £10 to get 1GB a month after getting 100GB a month, will even know about this promotion!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    It's back!

http://shop.ee.co.uk/campaigns/summer-sim-from-ee

I assume that people who got previous SIM cards won't qualify and will likely just end up not getting one posted (I don't think EE actually emails you to say 'sorry, one per household' or whatever the rules are).

Runs until August 31st, so that means you could be going until the end of October or even into November. Maybe they'll then do an autumn promotion.

Can someone please tell me what EE gets from this? I am sure most people are just going to pay £10 for 200GB and 'bin' the SIM. I doubt many ordinary customers that will continue topping up £10 to get 1GB a month after getting 100GB a month, will even know about this promotion!

They only ever say "one per household" when you use the same email address twice. Otherwise, work away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but I - and others - have submitted forms and never been given the email to say it's on its way (and never got the card) so there must be some other checks.

Or else the EE system is just broken and sometimes fails, despite saying it has received the submission. Which wouldn't surprise me.
  • GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    I recall that if you change your first name ever-so-slightly a long with a different email address (Gmail for instance lets you add a + to your email after which you can put anything and it will still get through to you), they'll send out a new SIM card.
This discussion has been closed.