ZZ - To Lead France To Victory Would Be A Good Leaving Present Non?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Zizou [Not Zazu, This is not the Lion King people!] retires after the World Cup. I bet his ideal leaving present would be to lead France to Victory...
Thoughts? - I will be sad to see him retire, he's undoubtedly a Great amonst the Game perhaps though he's right to Retire...He's been so Stressed out he's losing his Hair! :eek: :D :rolleyes: ;)
Bad Joke I know. Viva Zizou!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,842
    Forum Member
    I think in an ironic way he is France's main weakness and the reason they won't win the world cup.

I know i'll be shot down for this but I think he's been overrated slightly over the years, a very good player but not one of the all time greats imo. There's been better players in his generation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's one player whose ludicrous talking-up from the commentators doesn't make me want to watch the match wearing earplugs. France will look odd sans ZZ (thinning on) Top :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,590
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately he's about two years too late with the retirement. To say he's a shadow of his former self would be an understatement - he looks about three yards off the game, and it shows when he's playing alongside the likes of Robinho, Baptista, etc. at Real Madrid. I guess the other thirty-somethings in the French midfield may hide his lack of pace though.

A truly fantastic player, but for me he's done himself an injustice by not retiring sooner.
  • omideyiomideyi Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, Zidane is one of very of his generation that will definitely go dwn as one the genuine greats. just a glance at what he's won, both indivually and collectively, will indicate that. in his prime, he was truly head and shoulders above the rest, and he made playing football look so easy

i'll agree though that of late he's been more of a hindrance than a help to France, because when he plays, all they ever do is give him the ball, and while that may have worked 5 years ago, it doesn't now because he is clearly past it. i don't think France have much of a chance to win the Cup to be honest
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZZ has been one of the greatest players but isn't anymore. He should have retired after Euro 2004 and France won't win the World Cup because they rely so heavily on their old guard.