What boxset are you currently watching?

musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
Forum Member
edited 24/03/21 - 12:16 in Streaming #1
Are there any boxsets of any cult shows or shows in general you are watching?

I am about 4 episodes into my series 5 friends boxset. I perhaps love this show more now i am older and understand the jokes then i was when it was still airing.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    The OC, very good show and funny, especially Seth. Much better than the similar shows on nowadays like 90210 and Gossip Girl
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished going through my Buffy Boxset.

Once I get the last 24 season, i'll be making my way through that. :D
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still on babylon 5 over a year later lol

not that i dont like it,just too much TV to fit in lol
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Who series 1 (new Who). I have all the latest series on boxset and treasure them dearly. Can't wait for Matt Smith's series to come out.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished Gerry Anderson's "The Secret Service", one of his least known but most bonkers creations (cribbed from the US series "World of Giants"), in which a miniaturised spy is carried around in a hi-tech briefcase.:cool:
  • Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finsihsed the Sapphire and Steel boxset (still creepy after all these years) and just started The Tomorrow People boxset.

God Im old.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished The Wire & Ashes2Ashes(all eps). I'm on with Being Human now. I keep looking at the Shield boxsets but the ending where Shane kills his wife and son is still very raw and it's stopping me doing a rewatch. Also I'm getting an itch for The West Wing and Sopranos.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    In the middle of series 2 of One Tree Hill - decided to watch it all from the beginning again:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I always have these pretty much on rotation: Doctor who, peep show, lost, sopranos and curb your enthusiasm.
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently working my way through BSG.

Simply the best show of the past few years in my opinion.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iam currently watching Season 2 of Bones as well as working my way through my Friends boxset I think Im up to Season 6 :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Im currently watching the whole series of The Golden Girls back to back
  • DarthDorkDarthDork Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second last series of the complete Married with Children boxset :)
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Latest seasons of Burn Notice and The Closer on R1 import.

Both excellent.

Before that, the first two seasons of Plain Site and the first season of Flashpoint, also both excellent shows.

Still got stacked up on my Sky+ box all of Pacific and Spartacus: Blood & Sand, both unwatched, as yet.

Regards

Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Deadwood! I can't believe I only just got around to it, and was considering giving it a miss. :eek:

The acting is probably better than any show I've ever seen (Swearengen gives me the shivers), and the writing is just top-notch (Farnum's private rants are hilarious). It's incredible how quickly you get immersed in that world and attached to the characters. I thought I'd hate Jane after the first episode, but now I love that f**king, c**ksuckin' piece of strange. :)
  • RetroSpecsRetroSpecs Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Because my watching of Buffy always grinds to a halt when I reach season 4, I started with 5 and decided to end with 4!

Got as far round as season 2 so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished LoM/ A2A yesterday, next up will be a rewatch of Rome
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 4 of The X Files and season 1 of ER.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 1 of Brothers & Sisters (it's only been wrapped up in cellophane for the last two years! :D ), even though C4 are repeating series 3 every weekday morning and I have also been recording that and watching it at the same time...

When I have worked my way through S1, 2 and 3 of B&S, I will try to watch series 1 of Dexter which is also sat gathering dust on my shelf despite owning it for over a year. Don't know why but I keep on putting off watching that although I know I will probably love it as I loved series 2 and 3! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Finally finishing off The Shield and will be stating on Oz next.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    We're watching Bleak House, which my OH got and I wasn't looking forward to but it's surprisingly good!! And then we want to get through Damages S3, Sopranos S3-6, and then start on Mad Men.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered S1 & 2 of Smallville ... I've never watched it before so I don't know what to expect. I watched the pilot yesterday and really enjoyed it.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently working my way through season 5 of The West Wing and also season 1 of The Shield which I watch on my portable media player whilst at the gym - nothing makes an hour fly by like Vic Mackey.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,460
    Forum Member
    I've just finished watching the Monty Python boxset. I'm currently watching the Blake's Seven season one boxset (and will watch the other seasons, too), and also a Laurel and Hardy one. I plan on watching Curb your Enthusiasm seasons one to four, which I have stashed away somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Oz Season 4 (first time, got the complete boxset, loving it)
    The X Files Season 6 (re-watch)
    American Dad! Volume 5 (re-watch, saw it when it was first on TV)