Options

Fed up of Deal or No Deal...

ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I rarely watch it, but when I do that show just grinds on me.

Firstly it's a show about opening random boxes, there is nothing spiritual about it as Noel Edmonds likes to think. And why oh why does he continuously try to make himself more important than the actual contestant?

Edmonds (and I'm not sure if it's just him or the production team) have managed to turn a once enjoyable 45minute show into an hour long pantomime of boredom. I'm sure I've even seen contestants give him a look. Also! I've noticed when he gives one of his pathetic 'we must have the 10p' like the person can control what is in the box, it's always what Noel didn't want to come out.

Rant over!!

Comments

• Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel loves it when the contestants deal too soon or too late. He's a total nuisance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it ever work with a different presenter? I'd love to see them try it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Used to enjoy watching it years ago, but was fed up of the contestants screaming constantly. Annoying
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like DOND, not watched for a long time though. An hour is far too long for the plot. It either needs to introduce something additional or go back to 45 minutes, or 30 minutes even.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Would it ever work with a different presenter? I'd love to see them try it!

Jimmy Carr's obviously a keen fan of the show - he was in an episode of the celebrity version and I thought he did a really good job of presenting the Eight out of Ten Cats episode during the last channel 4 mash up. Agree that Noel and the current production team have turned the show into an hour long bore fest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show must consist of around 15 minutes of adverts, 10 of opening boxes and the rest is Noel Edmonds going on about absolutely nothing.

It also does my head in that he says things the banker has said which clearly the banker hasn't had enough time to say on the call! I'd like to see someone like Olly Murs host it, I think he's the cheeky sort who could make it more interesting (and keep him away from music :P )
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnly27TheOneAndOnly27 Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I've tried to watch that - can't get my head around it. Load of random people with one special one walking around a studio telling everyone how great they are then they open a box and whatever is in the box is taken away from the possible prizes. Then to confuse me even more some bloke rings up and tries to tempt the person into an early settlement. They could do that whole show in 15 minutes. Not sure why the person choses the boxes has to ponce around like they do. Boring.
  • Options
    elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the most pathetic thing is at the end when they rabbit hunt.

"let's give the banker a spanking!"

give me a break.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only ever watch the last 20 mins or so. That's the best part.

I understand Noel Edmond's wife is a makeup artist, well she should do something about his blonde streaked hair and his chestnut brown beard Looks totally ridiculous. This week it's been particularly bad. I mean who has a beard that colour?

And he should lose those winkle-picker boots as well. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That show should of been axed years ago! and everytime I see it they're all prancing about in fancy dress what's all that about!
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never understood what is so good about a programme showing people just opening boxes. :confused:

Its on a par with that other silly programme Red or Black.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness is it still on TV. I gave up on the show a few years ago because it was so boring and predictable.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Glinny wrote: »
    Goodness is it still on TV. I gave up on the show a few years ago because it was so boring and predictable.

I wouldn't say it's predictable since it's mainly a game of chance, but the format is far from exciting.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time it was ever interesting for me was many years ago when they had a computer glitch that meant the boxes were all drawn according to a set number of sequences. If you watched the first couple of boxes, you could find out which sequence was being used and predict every single box.

They were lucky that none of the active contestants figured it out i suppose.
  • Options
    P-ComboP-Combo Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont watch this program now.

I can only watch gameshows for so long and i get bored of them.

I use to record the chase everyday and countdown and deal or no deal and tipping point. But there all boring now.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's predictable since it's mainly a game of chance, but the format is far from exciting.

In my eyes it s predictable. Every day one contestant gets to call out the numbers on the side of a box. Other contestants open the said numbered box. Contestant might win a lot of money or not.
  • Options
    ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glinny wrote: »
    In my eyes it s predictable. Every day one contestant gets to call out the numbers on the side of a box. Other contestants open the said numbered box. Contestant might win a lot of money or not.

I have noticed boxes being open in this show.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    come on pilgrims.

they were asking for pilgrims ths week
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what the hell is it with throwing people out of the studio? :confused:

I have noticed this happening more and more whenever I tune into it by some chance, I assume it's just more padding out of time to fill the hour. This show has really jumped the shark now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long do you have to watch it before you realise this. I watched it habitually for about two weeks, then tuned in for the last ten minutes, then the last few minutes and then I had enough.

I accidentally watched a bit of it (as I was setting the timer for Eggheads) and was shocked by the odd way Noel Edmunds looks now - no, it wasn't a themed episode - certainly got more than a touch of the " David Ike's " about him. Creepy guy.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever show Edmunds does people usually end up hating him . Before DOND he'd been off the screen for years and people were curious to see how he'd fare back on screen . I found DOND interesting for the first few shows but soon got bored to death with the drawn out tedium of the whole thing.

I enjoy the repeats of Are you Smarter on Challenge but the other two presenters Dick and Dom and Damian are far better then the annoying Edmunds .
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its funny when there all certain there getting rid of a blue and it turns out to be a red:D:D:D
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always annoyed me he used to say "No questions except one". There were loads of questions "Do you want to swap?" "Which box?" etc.

I think Noel will end it when a male wins £250,000.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    It is far too long and drawn out. The contestants are getting really cocky and irritating too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    P-Combo wrote: »
    I dont watch this program now.

But there all boring now.

There ? Where ? Or do you mean they're ?