Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
Forum Member
✭✭
Plane simply went off the Radar with no mayday....nothing. Still searching and the outcome does not look to be good.
Malaysia Airlines said a flight carrying 239 people from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing early Saturday, and the airline was notifying next of kin in a sign it feared the worst.

Comments

• Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    Just watching this unfold on the news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26492748
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiKv-5oCAAAr5Qa.jpg:large

It's last recorded position, apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @SkyNewsBreak: Malaysian transport minister says exact location of plane crash has not been confirmed and no wreckage has been found in the sea
  • KosciuskoKosciusko Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    What exactly has happening is sad, lets hope the black box is found and it show what went wrong
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Been listening for updates on this all through the night.

I just hope, by some freak condition, that they are found alive somewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Search for missing #MH370 plane is under way in waters between #Malaysia & #Vietnam

Source - BBC News Asia
  • Mike_JersonsMike_Jersons Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Wow this doesn't happen often in midair
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member

Thank god this doesn't much at all anymore.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    It must have gone down. They'll find it soon. Poor people, scary way to go.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, certainly for the people left behind not knowing.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reports are saying that a Vietnamese Navy officer has alleged it's crashed near an island. Malaysia Airlines have not officially confirmed this.

All those lives, so sad. Two infants, too.
  • truantmusetruantmuse Posts: 8,683
    Forum Member
    Most of us Malaysians feel awful. The wait is horrible - hoping for the best but fearing the worst.
  • truantmusetruantmuse Posts: 8,683
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    Reports are saying that a Vietnamese Navy officer has allegedly stated it's crashed near an island. Malaysia Airlines have not officially confirmed this.

All those lives, so sad. Two infants, too.

The Vietnamese navy were speculating where it could have gone down. They have no evidence of the crash yet.

Yes it's so sad - we keep seeing pictures of the crew and passengers. Heartbreaking. Many Malaysians are clinging onto hope even as hope fades little by little.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    truantmuse wrote: »
    The Vietnamese navy were speculating where it could have gone down. They have no evidence of the crash yet.

Yes it's so sad - we keep seeing pictures of the crew and passengers. Heartbreaking. Many Malaysians are clinging onto hope even as hope fades little by little.

That's good to hear! A mistranslation, then. Thank you for clarifying.

Fingers cross that they are all right.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I'm not one to worry about plane journeys but I'm flying Malaysian airlines in 2 weeks to australia via kuala lumpar and this s### has suddenly got very scary

Terrible for the amount of ppl that will have lost their lives here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sadly the fuel would have run out quite a while ago.
  • the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    I'm not one to worry about plane journeys but I'm flying Malaysian airlines in 2 weeks to australia via kuala lumpar and this s### has suddenly got very scary

If anything I think this accident (if this is indeed what has happened) will decrease the likelihood of any such incident happening again. Lessons do get learned in aviation.

They do take more care on such long haul flights that you'll be taking.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone very close to me is in that part of the world (not Malaysia itself) right now and flying home soon. Very scary, makes you think
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »

It's very unlikely to happen to you so don't worry too much.

Saying that there are airlines I will not travel with (Malayasia is not on the list) because I don't like the colours they have painted the planes in, for instance Air India creeps me out with the lettering and window pattern and I refused to go on a Varig flight that the airline I was travelling with hastily booked us on due to technical problems with their aircraft.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

Happened to that Air France A330 a couple of years ago. Got itself into coffin corner.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    It must have gone down somewhere very remote or into the sea, if it hasn't been found yet in today's age of everyone having smart phones and the internet.
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a scary way to go, it's mostly not instant, they sometimes have minutes before impact, you just cannot imagine the terror knowing what the likely outcome will be.

I used to fly to Singapore for work, it's scary some of the storms / turbulence you get over there, some real frightening ones, that even had me a good flying showing the whites of my knuckles gripping the seat.

Hope they find the plane soon, if nothing for the relatives waiting.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aircraft don't lose contact for this long and suddenly reappear i'm afraid.

Everything would seem to point to a sudden catastrophic event over the water.

Very sad.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, but one tends to forget how rare this is these days. I remember years in which there were dozens of crashes.

Doesn't help me. I'm a terrified flyer - completely irrational, I know, but it's something I cannot get over. I make myself do it - last year did West Coast US, then 2 internal flights and back home from the East, but I cannot wait to get off. I'm very choosy about airlines - going to Reykjavic with Icelandair in a few weeks and I'm not over happy with the prospect. Very little choice to that destination.

I hope they find the wreckage soon, and feel for all the poor victims and their friends and family.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really feel it for the relatives. We have all had loved ones in the air and can imagine the emotions but do we really need to see pictures of grieving relatives. It is so ghoulish but then that's what makes the news nowdays :(
This discussion has been closed.