Options

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this game but getting a bit annoyed with the way missions keep glitching so that I have to reload the last save.

I had to fail one of the missions involving Yennefer because the game didn't recognise that I'd done what was needed, even after trying to start an earlier save. Saving often is definitely essential.
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Managed to get my base weight down to 117/160 now. Didn't realize how heavy those repair kits were. I've never used the things, but one pile of them weighed 16. Gotten rid of everything bar 10 each of the 2 amateur ones.
    The bolts I have also weight ~7, another item I've never used, but I'll keep hold of them unless I continue to have problems with overburdening.
    I dare not attempt to look through the alchemy and crafting tab, who knows how much wasted weight is in there.
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davies24 wrote: »
    Managed to get my base weight down to 117/160 now. Didn't realize how heavy those repair kits were. I've never used the things, but one pile of them weighed 16. Gotten rid of everything bar 10 each of the 2 amateur ones.
    The bolts I have also weight ~7, another item I've never used, but I'll keep hold of them unless I continue to have problems with overburdening.
    I dare not attempt to look through the alchemy and crafting tab, who knows how much wasted weight is in there.

Animal hides take up a lot of weight. I find it's best to sell or dismantle those as I don't think I've ever used them for crafting.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure most alchemy items are 0.01 so you can have plenty of items in that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't keep hides anyway, everything that goes into the last tab gets sold whenever i run across a merchant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Imlerith is such a bitch. The mace and shield form is easy, can handle that without being touched but as soon as he goes into 2 handed mode he tears me apart.
    Had to improvise in the end, got him down to a hit away from the change and smashed him with whirl and finished him off before he got the chance to do anything else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I messed up last night with the love interests, was a bit drunk playing it last night and told Triss I loved her and she still left, and no matter where I look on the internet all I find is she should have stayed if I said that :0.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davies24 wrote: »

My alchemy / crafting tabs are stuffed with things I'm hanging on to "just in case".

I recently offloaded a load of common plants including half a dozen sprigs of Celandine and then ran into a guy with a broken leg who needed - guess what? - for the pain. It wasn't too difficult to run off and pluck some from a nearby bush but was annoying all the same :)
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For people complaining about reloading times after dying, are you playing on PS4 or Xbox? Only I've got a fairly beefy PC with an SSD drive and the game reloads so quickly I don't even get time to read the tips that come up on the loading screen.

Mind you, even with a good PC I noticed a considerable slow-down during the funeral / wake cutscenes on arrival at Skellige with the character voices slipping off sync with the graphics.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I like this game I do feel that it would be better if it didn't seem to shoe-horn the Witcher senses into everything you do and also create missions to pointlessly use them.

In my last session I had to seriously use my senses to locate rat-droppings in order to act as medieval Rentokil employee and to pointlessly find a lever in a basement to open a hidden door. As the herbalist told us about the hidden exit you would have thought he would have told you about the lever.

When they are used well the witcher senses are cool - making you feel Jedi-like in some situations - but they also seemed to be used just because we have them in others.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    For people complaining about reloading times after dying, are you playing on PS4 or Xbox? Only I've got a fairly beefy PC with an SSD drive and the game reloads so quickly I don't even get time to read the tips that come up on the loading screen.

Mind you, even with a good PC I noticed a considerable slow-down during the funeral / wake cutscenes on arrival at Skellige with the character voices slipping off sync with the graphics.

Of course a PC is going to have faster loading times.

PS4 loading times are horrendous after dying, over a minute at least. It's surely something that can be patched as none of the other loading times are anything like that, not even the game start-up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Think I messed up last night with the love interests, was a bit drunk playing it last night and told Triss I loved her and she still left, and no matter where I look on the internet all I find is she should have stayed if I said that :0.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you tag spoilers?! This is a gargantuan game and there are many people who are nowhere nearly finished it yet, myself included. We're all at different parts.

I don't think anybody is going to go mad over untagged spoilers to do with monsters or simple story elements, but you've just thrown in a huge story arc there without any indication that you were posting a spoiler.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone may have already mentioned this, apologies if they have.

If your not happy with how you've spent your skill points on Geralt, for a small fee of a thousand coin :o you can reset all your skills and start again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_3e1SBSj8

Might come in handy for anyone who has realised they've taken their character in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone may have already mentioned this, apologies if they have.

If your not happy with how you've spent your skill points on Geralt, for a small fee of a thousand coin :o you can reset all your skills and start again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_3e1SBSj8

Might come in handy for anyone who has realised they've taken their character in the wrong direction.

Yeah there's a hint on one of the loading screens that says you can do that.

I'm pretty happy with how I've spent my points up to now. Mainly concentrated on upgrading my signs and attacks and the one which regenerates your health in the day is handy since meditation doesn't give you your health back on the difficulty I'm playing. Haven't touched any of the alchemy ones.

I'm finding the Igni flame spraying ability is making short work of a lot of enemies now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finished the main story today, and got the marksman trophy to complete my platinum.
    Anyone else disappointed with the final Eredin fight? I found Imlerith and Caranthir to be much tougher. Imlerith took me a decent number of attempts, as I posted earlier in this thread, and I died a couple of times against Caranthir (one of his ice elementals one hit me from full health in one attempt) but Eredin barely took off 10% of my HP throughout the fight.

Anyway this is by far the best game I've played this gen, up there with the most enjoyable games I've ever played. Amazing that it was created by a dev team that's tiny in comparison with the other AAA games.

3 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes total playtime. Alot lower than I was expecting. Not sure if the play counter is still bugged?
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im finding it annoying that I destroy a monster best and it still shows on my map as active. Is this a glitch ?

Plus I despair games that force you to repair weapons / armour but apart from that liking it so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Cant wait for those UI improvements!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »

That looks brilliant. Good to see developers actually taking on-board fan feedback!
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great update. However I'm a little bemused by the need for storage, my saddlebags (130) is never full, and when it does get close, it's just a load of rubbish swords and other useless weapons that is sold, most alchemy items are so light you'd need A LOT! lol. I suppose if you kept alot of different armour, light, medium, heavy then you weight burden would increase, but other than that? I must admit, at the beginning space was tight, but once the larger capacity saddlebag came to the rescue, no problems. I'm probably just over half way through the game and stick with one armour set, so maybe this will change. So ok, who here has experienced problems with not enough storage, throughout the entire game?
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have managed to pick myself up a tasty Silver Sword - The Eirlithrad - I cannot remember where but it chops off body parts such as arms and can cut people in two.

Fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I destroy monsters nests , loot them and they still don't 'fade' on my map , I go back destroy them again and gain more exp and repeat.

A good way to earn exp but I'm annoyed as I get a bit OCD about the markets on maps and want them gone once done.

Anyone else have this problem or am I doing it wrong ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great update. However I'm a little bemused by the need for storage, my saddlebags (130) is never full, and when it does get close, it's just a load of rubbish swords and other useless weapons that is sold, most alchemy items are so light you'd need A LOT! lol. I suppose if you kept alot of different armour, light, medium, heavy then you weight burden would increase, but other than that? I must admit, at the beginning space was tight, but once the larger capacity saddlebag came to the rescue, no problems. I'm probably just over half way through the game and stick with one armour set, so maybe this will change. So ok, who here has experienced problems with not enough storage, throughout the entire game?

I agree, one thing they could improve is Gwent such as a system to show which cards are missing like a check list or something, I didn't really bother with it at the start but now I'm pretty into it and I'm sure I've missed severa cards
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I destroy monsters nests , loot them and they still don't 'fade' on my map , I go back destroy them again and gain more exp and repeat.

A good way to earn exp but I'm annoyed as I get a bit OCD about the markets on maps and want them gone once done.

Anyone else have this problem or am I doing it wrong ?

You are destroying them with the bomb, yes? If so then you're doing nothing wrong, some of them do respawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes bombing them , oh well seems a bit odd Id prefer them to just disappear once you destroy maybe they will improve this on the patch.

Glad they are sorting the book issue out I never know what I've read or not