Batman Arkham Knight arrived this morning!

Comments

• MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanziBaby wrote: »
    Agree with that completely, PC DRM just annoys the gamers that buy it legally while the pirates bypass it quite easily.

I never had any issues with arkham asylum which ran at a constant 60fps, arkham city the framerate would jump about at times, strangely arkham origins despite the glitches & bugs ran pretty much at 60fps. I trust rocksteady as they are usually quite fast at fixing issue in asylum & city but I think knight will take a long time to be fully fixed.

Just glad it was only £22.50 instead of over £60 on steam, still not got the key from cjs-cdkeys despite payment being successful over a hour & a half ago.

SecuROM was a nightmare too.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i will be getting it on Friday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much batmobile. It handles like a clog on an ice rink. The tank battles are really boring and samey, it throws the pace off badly. It takes it down from 9/10 to 7/10. Really don't like the amount of batmobile stuff.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    sweet. loved first 2. but i dont everygame to become gta, i like to the point linear storylines. this might be too open ended for me.

You can quite easily just focus on the main story and ignore the rest if you want - it doesn't drown you in an icon-infested map with everything available at once.

From my experience so far, the side stuff has been dished out quite well.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Agree with that completely, PC DRM just annoys the gamers that buy it legally while the pirates bypass it quite easily.

I never had any issues with arkham asylum which ran at a constant 60fps, arkham city the framerate would jump about at times, strangely arkham origins despite the glitches & bugs ran pretty much at 60fps. I trust rocksteady as they are usually quite fast at fixing issue in asylum & city but I think knight will take a long time to be fully fixed.

Just glad it was only £22.50 instead of over £60 on steam, still not got the key from cjs-cdkeys despite payment being successful over a hour & a half ago.

Reports are it's capped 30fps for PC.

CJS have a lot negative comments on Facebook. I ordered the season pass but have to wait for them "restock".

Sometimes it pays just to go through Steam.
  • JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon Logistics allegedly delivered my copy at about 3PM, but nothing has arrived. A replacement will be sent but won't arrive until Friday. Useless company, won't use them again as long as they use their own dreadful 'logistics' company, it's the 3rd thing they've tried to deliver that has gone missing. Annoyingly, the Tesco Express over the road had it in stock this morning, they never normally stock games! Should've just got it from there!
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers mate, just ordered premium version myself & waiting on the steam key, thanks for posting where you got it from, much appreciated :)

No worries! Let me know when you get it. You should get it straight away after you pay and do the verify thing. Check the autokey thing up the top of the website. ;-)
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well mine finally arrived pretty much at the time Amazon specified.

Loading was actually not too bad, about 15 mins (on PS4).

Fired it up for about 45 mins or so. Takes a while to get used to the controls and options, especially the batmobile. But after a while it becomes easier.

First off I will say that my first impression is I really don't like games that appear to take the control away from you and either continually morph into cut scenes during the action. Now admittedly I am playing on easy and would not describe myself as a hard-core gamer, but I would prefer more hands-on control.

That said, as I progressed through the game and got more involved in the story and the missions, it did seem to get better. I am a few levels into the main mission, and also did a Riddler side mission, which was basically a driving test through an underground lair. Not bad, felt almost Spy-Hunter-ish.

Graphics are pretty good, very dense and detailed...though it does seem to be permanently raining, which has the effect of obscuring the graphics.

Loving the grappling/gliding thing...and the open-world scenario, where you can stop off and do various side missions and challenges at will.

Would not say there is anything particularly innovative or different to what we have seen so far in other games. Would also say that this is the first Batman game I have played, so obviously context and frame of reference is limited.

Like I say, just a very brief toe-in-the-water, so very early impressions.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanDS wrote: »
    Amazon Logistics allegedly delivered my copy at about 3PM, but nothing has arrived. A replacement will be sent but won't arrive until Friday. Useless company, won't use them again as long as they use their own dreadful 'logistics' company, it's the 3rd thing they've tried to deliver that has gone missing. Annoyingly, the Tesco Express over the road had it in stock this morning, they never normally stock games! Should've just got it from there!

Ahh I wasn't the only one who had an issue with Amazon. They claimed mine had been delivered at 11am(ish) and it didn't show up until 7.20pm.
    Absolute disgrace. Yeah the game may have arrived on release day as promised but I think it's appalling that it was delivered so late. I did not expect to sit around all afternoon waiting for it.

I typically run into problems with Amazon so I probably should have learned. I won't be using them again in future.
  • BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Reports are it's capped 30fps for PC.

CJS have a lot negative comments on Facebook. I ordered the season pass but have to wait for them "restock".

Sometimes it pays just to go through Steam.

Yeah I read about the fps cap after I bought it from CJS, still not got my key as yet even though I clicked the link that says "order stuck at awaiting payment. If I have not heard anything by tomorrow morning It will be getting cancelled.

True about steam as that is where I get most of my games from but that deal was just too good to pass up, steam want £67.98 for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh I wasn't the only one who had an issue with Amazon. They claimed mine had been delivered at 11am(ish) and it didn't show up until 7.20pm.
    Absolute disgrace. Yeah the game may have arrived on release day as promised but I think it's appalling that it was delivered so late. I did not expect to sit around all afternoon waiting for it.

I typically run into problems with Amazon so I probably should have learned. I won't be using them again in future.

So far they have never used their own logistics with my orders. Possibly because I live in the middle of nowhere. About half the time my Tuesday released pre orders are a day late but generally the Friday ones are on time. My postman friend (a friend who is a postman, not my own postie) tells me they have to scan all deliveries but do not require a signature.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get rid of the 30 FPS cap. Have to do it through the ini file in the game folder though. Very easy to do though. :)
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Yeah I read about the fps cap after I bought it from CJS, still not got my key as yet even though I clicked the link that says "order stuck at awaiting payment. If I have not heard anything by tomorrow morning It will be getting cancelled.

True about steam as that is where I get most of my games from but that deal was just too good to pass up, steam want £67.98 for it.

Do you PC guys know how to turn the fixed FPS off ? I read about a manual fix for that this morning.

Edit: ^^ Beaten to it.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mine won't arrive until Friday apparently. I got sick of being given the run around so bought a copy from Tesco. When my Amazon copy arrives I will be sending it back for a refund.

Shame that after the install and the update I only managed to get about an hours play time in. Enjoyed what I have done so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine won't arrive until Friday apparently. I got sick of being given the run around so bought a copy from Tesco. When my Amazon copy arrives I will be sending it back for a refund.

Shame that after the install and the update I only managed to get about an hours play time in. Enjoyed what I have done so far.

I took my Alien Isolation back to Tesco and my Witcher 3 back to Sainsburys rather than risk the post back to Amazon when they were late.
  • EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Advice: Try and cancel the order before it arrives on Friday as they may charge to return it. Reason for cancel LATE delivery as you expected it on release day.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen a trainwreck like this since the launch of RAGE.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far driving the batmobile I'm finding enjoyable. It was one of things I was dreading having to do because I'm not very good at driving games but I'm managing to drive about Gotham easy enough.

I nearly jumped out my skin
    when I was flying around Gotham and went to land on a building only to come ace to face with Man-Bat :o
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    I don't like the batmobile at all. Trying and failing miserably to get it on this roof in one of the early missions. This is not fun for me, I'm sure it's quite easy for most people but the damn thing is clunky as hell to use.

EDIT: Did it. Not as hard as it looked, but I still don't like the batmobile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's rather meh how much you have to use the Batmobile. :(
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm having real difficulty in using the batmobile. It seems cool in concept but fails in practice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I like the Batmobile because I'm easily pleased shooting thugs with cannon and shock running them over. Batman doesn't kill people suuuuuuuuure.....
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsLurker wrote: »
    Maybe I like the Batmobile because I'm easily pleased shooting thugs with cannon and shock running them over. Batman doesn't kill people suuuuuuuuure.....

Is that what happens when you run over the thugs? I couldn't make it out. I'm really early into the game. Hopefully I will get the hang of the batmobile.
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Batmobile, took me a while to get used to the handling but it's really fun to drive around Gotham. I'll never get bored of jumping off a building calling for the Batmobile then gliding straight in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that what happens when you run over the thugs? I couldn't make it out. I'm really early into the game. Hopefully I will get the hang of the batmobile.

It's supposed give them a shock if you drive too close to them but mostly the thugs I've drove into went flying when I crashed into them. Even if they did survive that me running over their bodies with the batmobile can't have helped their injuries :D