Top 11 discussion (spoilers)

fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
Forum Member
What did everyone think of everyone's performances this week?:

Sam: 4/10 (really boring and lacklustre compared to how the Beatles version would be - he needed to be B3 after taht)
Jessica: 5/10 (PERFECT song for her! And it just fell apart...:cry: completely out of time! The band may have screwed her over but she didn't really bring it together in the end either)
CJ: 8/10 (he's been so UTR this whole series but really pleasantly surprised by this...really suited his R&B/country voice!)
Dexter: 6/10 (nice vocal...but he is SO generic country...no twist in his voice like Jessica...he doesn't stand out to me AT ALL)
Ben: 5/10 (I didn't think this was that bad but it was a bit odd - the vocals felt so screechy)
Majesty: 3/10 (she deserved B3 after this...please just go back to that soft beautiful indie style of yours Maj b/c this was a trainwreck)
Caleb: 9/10 (such an amazing voice...love the fact that he did sthg unusal with the rock twist on Skyfall...loved the softer bits <3 and that amazing buildup)
MK: 8/10 (perfect song for her and it was sung so simply and beautifully well but she needs to do more stuff to stand out...I'm getting a bored by her)
Alex: 9/10 (amazing song choice, he may replace Majesty as my fav at this rate :o)
Jena: 10/10 (wo...easily the best performance of the night...that chorus and those power notes :o - it made me question how on earth she ended up B3 the previous night!)
Malaya: 8/10 (loved her vocal...really underated...loved her impressions of people too this week)

What did everyone else think? :) Most of the performances are uploaded by Idol on youtube btw. :) I'm really loving this series of AI tbh! :blush:

Comments

• daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely LOVED Jena. She was amazing. Also liked Malaya, Alex and Majesty:blush:

I am happy for MK, seeing she has been bottom 3 every week. happy that she is safe for once.
    I still think that the girls are way better than the boys.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I absolutely LOVED Jena. She was amazing. Also liked Malaya, Alex and Majesty:blush:

I am happy for MK, seeing she has been bottom 3 every week. happy that she is safe for once.
    I still think that the girls are way better than the boys.

Jena's Decode is up there definitely with Jessica's The Crow and Majesty's Violet Hill/Happy.

The girls are definitely better than the boys this series but they're just so inconsistent! >:( Jess has been fading away lately and Majesty has been getting all wrong. Jena's KT Tunstall performance last week was also quite wtf...I hope they all get it right this week. Along with Malaya...I don't want to see any of the 4 go yet.

I want Nathan or CJ to go which I know is wishful thinking but Nathan is just SO boring and dull. And I don't honestly know what people see in CJ? :blush: He does have an interesting country/R&B thing going on but most of the time it feels so forced...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    And I don't honestly know what people see in CJ? :blush: He does have an interesting country/R&B thing going on but most of the time it feels so forced...

Quite possibly I like CJ because he's not a country singer. :D I was impressed by Caleb this week because he showed that he can do more than the heavy rock thing. I was sorry to see Ben go, because he also did not sing country this week. I think that he and Majesty chose songs that are very difficult to sing, which is why they both found themselves on the bottom.

The ones that I hope stay for a while are Sam, Majesty, Malaya and MK. These four seem to be the least experienced and therefore should improve the most.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did everyone think of everyone's performances this week?:

Sam: 4/10 (really boring and lacklustre compared to how the Beatles version would be - he needed to be B3 after taht)
    Jessica: 5/10 (PERFECT song for her! And it just fell apart...:cry: completely out of time! The band may have screwed her over but she didn't really bring it together in the end either)
    CJ: 8/10 (he's been so UTR this whole series but really pleasantly surprised by this...really suited his R&B/country voice!)
    Dexter: 6/10 (nice vocal...but he is SO generic country...no twist in his voice like Jessica...he doesn't stand out to me AT ALL)
    Ben: 5/10 (I didn't think this was that bad but it was a bit odd - the vocals felt so screechy)
    Majesty: 3/10 (she deserved B3 after this...please just go back to that soft beautiful indie style of yours Maj b/c this was a trainwreck)
    Caleb: 9/10 (such an amazing voice...love the fact that he did sthg unusal with the rock twist on Skyfall...loved the softer bits <3 and that amazing buildup)
    MK: 8/10 (perfect song for her and it was sung so simply and beautifully well but she needs to do more stuff to stand out...I'm getting a bored by her)
    Alex: 9/10 (amazing song choice, he may replace Majesty as my fav at this rate :o)
    Jena: 10/10 (wo...easily the best performance of the night...that chorus and those power notes :o - it made me question how on earth she ended up B3 the previous night!)
    Malaya: 8/10 (loved her vocal...really underated...loved her impressions of people too this week)

What did everyone else think? :) Most of the performances are uploaded by Idol on youtube btw. :) I'm really loving this series of AI tbh! :blush:

I agree with most of this (although I wouldn't be quite so generous about Jena, or so harsh about Majesty) but I don't agree about Caleb. It just did not work the way he did it and I don't think he did a very good job of it either. And I can only think that tptb told Harry to cut back on the constant intonation bashing, as Caleb was painfully out of tune in parts yet Harry said nothing.

I get it that Caleb can't do the same thing week after week, and has to show versatility within his comfort zone, but I think the song showed up flaws in his voice which he manages to mask more with his usual type of song choice.