Smallville Season 10 US Pace *Tagged Spoilers & Speculation*

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I have just watched the season 10 episode lazrus downloaded from the internet, it is brilliant, i loved it with lois and clark, i won't tell uk fans as they are still watching season 9 and don't now what happens yet, episode 2 sheid is tonight for season 10 as i am not waiting for the uk release which will be next year. and that is too long for me, i loved the bit with lois and the pen when clark is in the daily planet room, lois drops the pen to avoid that she knows and clark uses he powers in front of her when she is under the table , it is so funny i laughed.

I loved the lex clone scenes with clark and them both confronting each other, and lex clone tieing lois to the post in the field in the first episode reminding fans of clark tied to the post in season 1, it is very well done, loved the opening with lois finding clark, classic scene, loved it and seeing chloe again is good played by allison mack, allison is in the titles at the very back of the opening main titles which i did not expect to see, but very good opening episode.

Also ollie was tied up in the episode and we had the tease of darkseid at the end which looks good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched "Shield", and they finally used the word "Superman" in context, for the first time since Season 1, the last time it was used as a clue was in the Pilot.

Plus the bit at the end was brilliant, Clark just standing there with a red leather jacket covering a light blue t-shirt, with the "House of El" symbol emblazoned on the jacket.

This season could be sort of a double whammy in terms of villains, as not only do we have Darkseid and his band of merry evil people(btw, we finally got a glimmer of Goddfrey, albeit just his voice :D ), but the Suicide Squad have finally surfaced, who in of themselves could carry a season as the villains(secondary villains) if given the chance and the right storyline.

Obviously theres a chance that the Suicide Squad might not be in Smallville as the villains but as unlikely heroes, guess we'll just have to wait, but either way, its sure to set up alot of interesting storylines for this season.

Season 10 is certainly on a role.

Lastly, I thought it was great that when Lois started going off about how "the guy sitting across from you is, Ra" Carter Hall immediately realized that Lois knew Clark's secret. Its also going to be quite interesting to see how this whole thing pans out each week.

Are we going to see a sort of thing where, each week Lois has a new protector(this week was Hawkman), who Clark sends to look after her(if shes still in a far off location), but when he/she arrives to keep an eye on Lois, all they end up doing is talking about Clark's secret. It could certainly lead into a miriad of great storylines if done right.
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I think the suicide squad are going to stay true to form and be well intentioned but willing to do some dodgy stuff for the greater good. A little bit of torture and murder is sometimes necessary....
    I also think Chloe is one of them now, not a spoiler but speculation

I'm hoping to see Martian Manhunter, Flash and Aqua-man this season.
    eff it even better lets have a justice league series after smallville so the "smallville universe" can continue.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this season has been disappointing so far for me.

It all feels rather drawn out now and repetitive. It looks like its just going to be one stupidly long tease to the big reveal..shots of the suit...come into the light..uber mench...oh it looks like he is going to fly..oops no he isn't.

And Clarks constantly being tested and Jorels annoyingly vague monologues hinting at what he should do. For a supposedly advanced civilisation Kryptonians seem to struggle with GETTING TO THE FRICKIN POINT !!

The writing in episode 1 was clunky and laughable. Episode 2 introduced the Suicide squad who look second rate by any standards;
    What the hell was the point of kidnapping Oliver, then tagging him the next time they meet so I suppose they can now try and kill him !!. Durr Kill him the first time you have him.
    Like I said this feels like its going to be drawn out to the point where we will be tearing our hair out with frustration.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed the episode, the Suicide Squad might be interesting.

Really didn't like the red jacket at the end, looked a bit tacky!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Also saw episode 2 this morning of shield, loved watching it online, great episode, lois with carter hall was good and her talking to him about clark's secret was good and carter hall was going on about the starcrossed lovers storyline was good when carter was going on about his wife and him seeing her and saying his time was almost up on earth and it was his time to go and be with his wife and he almost kissed lois, and lois said she would smack him if he ever tried that again.

Lois also thought clark was ra, like a god like figure and was curious about how clark lives his life and using his powers and we also meet the suicide squad tonight and the girl tess trained last season is there in the gang. They look quite good and we meet godfrey as well.

Carter also told lois not to run from her destiny with clark as well if she stays in egypt forever.

Also the convo with ollie and clark was good about chloe's disppearance and she did a trade to get ollie back.

Also clark get his new costume at the end of the show, in a red leather jacket with the s shield on it, at the very end standing on top of the planet looking very confident with the flags flying around him is good, looks like excellent villians this year along with darkseid as well.

Loved clark new costume, looks more supermanish, but not quite the uniform yet, look forward to the day he puts on the superman uniform.
  • AJ1000AJ1000 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    There are 22 episodes, it will take time to get to the point.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julia, you are supposed to put the spoilers in tags. You have now put most of the episode in your post!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P, its a season ten thread, at US pace. The episode "Shield" has already aired, so its not a spoiler nor speculation.

If you've not watched the latest episode, then why come into a thread where people are obviously going to be discussing the latest episode to have aired, and what there thoughts were on it, and which bits they liked or didn't.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a decent episode. The majority of the conversations sounded more real than they usually do, and Tess wasn't quite as infuriatingly pointless as usual. Wasn't keen on the annoying airhead, so hopefully she won't be back. Disappointed that Plastique wasn't in it more, but at least it looks like she'll be returning later in the season.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I thought it was a decent episode. The majority of the conversations sounded more real than they usually do, and Tess wasn't quite as infuriatingly pointless as usual. Wasn't keen on the annoying airhead, so hopefully she won't be back. Disappointed that Plastique wasn't in it more, but at least it looks like she'll be returning later in the season.

Yes, I noticed that as well. I think what it could be is that Lois, when she's not involved with something involved with the 'main story' often lapses into simply being a comedy character who overwhelms the show's dialogue. For example, when there's a villain out doing something bad, both her and Clark will be looking for them, except while Clark wants to kick ass, she doesn't ever realise the 'seriousness' of the situation until she's been taken hostage or something.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P, its a season ten thread, at US pace. The episode "Shield" has already aired, so its not a spoiler nor speculation.

If you've not watched the latest episode, then why come into a thread where people are obviously going to be discussing the latest episode to have aired, and what there thoughts were on it, and which bits they liked or didn't.

Sorry, I was wrong to criticise. I had forgotten it had been aired already.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    When does the 200th episode air? :)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

October 22!
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    October 22!

Cant wait! :D:D:D
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Didn't really understand the Suicide Squad - are they something to do with Darkseid?
  • JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    Didn't really understand the Suicide Squad - are they something to do with Darkseid?

Here you go :)

Not sure how this lot will bear upto the Smallville counterparts though having seen whats happened to other chracters in the past LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Squad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Season 2 is shaping up well, at least for us comic fans. Hawkman back, The Suicide Squad and Darksied making appearances.

Nice to hear Glorious Godfrey starting his preaching.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    JazzSP8 wrote: »
    Here you go :)

Not sure how this lot will bear upto the Smallville counterparts though having seen whats happened to other chracters in the past LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Squad

Still don't understand what the point of them is though. Are they out to kill Clark et al?
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi ya. Fancy seeing you here. :D

It airs in a couple of weeks in the US. :cool:
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    episode 2 saw a return of smallville to its comfort zone....the average zone!

suicide squad look 2nd rate as someone else mentioned earlier and the air head story wasnt great,why didnt clark worry that deadshot had escaped after he saved the blonde for the 2nd time?

lois/hawkman stuff was alright, hope lois lets clark know shes in on the secret soon enough

arrow/tess/chloe just doesnt interest me that much

still the ending scene was great,nice to see clark getting closer and closer to superman,but come on guys,this is the final season! no more bland episodes that have plagued smallville since season 4
  • JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    Still don't understand what the point of them is though. Are they out to kill Clark et al?

Just look at them as another Government ageny (related to Checkmate) with their own Agenda. I think they came about originally after the collapse of the JSA

I don't believe that they are out to kill Clark, just gather information and possibly try and recruit the would-be Superman into their own ranks so that they Government can control him and do their bidding in secret (in many versions of the DC Universe future Clark / Superman works in secret for the Government).
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Hi ya. Fancy seeing you here. :D

It airs in a couple of weeks in the US. :cool:

Right back at ya :D

I am soooo looking forward to this ep :cool:
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The latest on Rosenbaum returning.....or not.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/VoicesFromKrypton/news/?a=23617
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the latest trailer for Smallville's 200th episode? It looks freaking awesome. (spoilers within)

http://www.ksitetv.com/3793/smallville-episode-200-promo-trailer/