Options

Its great to see Howard and Hilda back on Gold TV

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you have to say that i love Ever Decreasing Circles and now it feels tainted by that smary git.:mad:

I didn't see the quote there. For a moment I thought you were talking about Paul!
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else STILL spot "Howard and Hilda" couples (even if they aren't necessarily wearing matching sweaters!)?
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    "How come there are no children".

Maybe they weren't "blessed"! :) Tbh it's never really been an issue for me. Most sitcoms are child-free zones and that's why the best ones are so good (otherwise you end up with 2nd rate stuff like Different Strokes, Roseanne, or My Family).

Victor and Margaret had no children in One Foot In The Grave,although it was revealed they had lost a child earlier.Victor and Martin were both fundamentally decent men who nevertheless drove their wives up the wall
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I can imagine a retirement home somewhere in tv land and Paul has just moved in, to find Martin, Anne, Howard & Hilda living there :D
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    ofni wrote: »
    Does anyone else STILL spot "Howard and Hilda" couples (even if they aren't necessarily wearing matching sweaters!)?

yep :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    Victor and Margaret had no children in One Foot In The Grave,although it was revealed they had lost a child earlier.Victor and Martin were both fundamentally decent men who nevertheless drove their wives up the wall

Yes it makes you wonder why their wives put up with them especially Margaret - there never seemed to be any warmth between those two whereas with Martin and Anne there were moments when there was a real meeting of minds - like the relaxation episode where they're trying to make Martin a carbon copy of Paul and it all goes wrong. Paul's laid back attitude riles Anne as much as it does Martin in that scene. :D Anne just seems generally more sympathetic and accepting that this is the way Martin is despite the annoyances
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    I can imagine a retirement home somewhere in tv land and Paul has just moved in, to find Martin, Anne, Howard & Hilda living there :D

Where Martin is reaching for the overdose tablets no doubt. :)
  • Options
    Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "How come there are no children".

Maybe they weren't "blessed"! :) Tbh it's never really been an issue for me. Most sitcoms are child-free zones and that's why the best ones are so good (otherwise you end up with 2nd rate stuff like Different Strokes, Roseanne, or My Family).

Ann got pregnant in the very last ep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ann got pregnant in the very last ep.

Did she? I don't remember that bit. A bit long in the tooth to be producing sprogs by then wasn't she? Just as well they stopped the series there then really otherwise it would have probably turned into a replica of My Family.
  • Options
    Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did she? I don't remember that bit. A bit long in the tooth to be producing sprogs by then wasn't she? Just as well they stopped the series there then really otherwise it would have probably turned into a replica of My Family.

Yes, EDC ended with a one-off special in which Ann announced she was pregnant and subsequently Martin got a new job which necessitated them moving away from The Close.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, EDC ended with a one-off special in which Ann announced she was pregnant and subsequently Martin got a new job which necessitated them moving away from The Close.

I know I have it on DVD but it's been a while since I've seen it. I remember them moving away but not the bit about her being pregnant. Imagine a child being raised by Martin! Poor sod! :D