CS: Anna's treatment towards Faye

13»

Comments

• emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the scriptwriters are doing their best to make everybody hate Anna! Its obviously a difficult situation but Anna's attitude towards Faye seems to be that she brought it all on herself by dropping her knickers & there's absolutely no other solution she MUST keep the baby now whether she wants to or not!! Its as though she's punishing Faye for having sex at 12. If my 12 year old daughter had sex I'd be blaming myself thinking why has my daughter got such low self esteem that she thinks the only way to make a boy like her is to sleep with him? And she keeps going off on one at Faye for not looking after the baby when she was quite adamant she wanted her adopted. I can understand she wouldn't want Faye to rush into a decision but she can't have it both ways. Either she will have to take responsibility for Miley or if she doesn't want to she should listen to what Faye wants without ranting at her. She hasn't even thought of other possibilities I.e. Tim & Sally could bring up the baby or Jackson's family or they could all share responsibility. And she knows Faye's had trouble with bullies in the past but she shouts out that vile line about dropping her knickers at the ice rink in front of all her classmates. As if they didnt already have enough ammunition between her having a baby,being adopted with a dead druggie biological mum & an illiterate dad, being poor & whatever else they might bully her for. Faye is not to blame, she's a vulnerable child who is the product of her dufficult upbringing & I'm very surprised social services haven't been more involved.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    emilyb wrote: »
    I think the scriptwriters are doing their best to make everybody hate Anna! Its obviously a difficult situation but Anna's attitude towards Faye seems to be that she brought it all on herself by dropping her knickers & there's absolutely no other solution she MUST keep the baby now whether she wants to or not!! Its as though she's punishing Faye for having sex at 12. If my 12 year old daughter had sex I'd be blaming myself thinking why has my daughter got such low self esteem that she thinks the only way to make a boy like her is to sleep with him? And she keeps going off on one at Faye for not looking after the baby when she was quite adamant she wanted her adopted. I can understand she wouldn't want Faye to rush into a decision but she can't have it both ways. Either she will have to take responsibility for Miley or if she doesn't want to she should listen to what Faye wants without ranting at her. She hasn't even thought of other possibilities I.e. Tim & Sally could bring up the baby or Jackson's family or they could all share responsibility. And she knows Faye's had trouble with bullies in the past but she shouts out that vile line about dropping her knickers at the ice rink in front of all her classmates. As if they didnt already have enough ammunition between her having a baby,being adopted with a dead druggie biological mum & an illiterate dad, being poor & whatever else they might bully her for. Faye is not to blame, she's a vulnerable child who is the product of her dufficult upbringing & I'm very surprised social services haven't been more involved.

Excellent post.
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    emilyb wrote: »

Ditto I second that!!:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    There have been times when I've had the feeling that Anna is so intent on this baby not being given up for adoption because somewhere in her dim and distant past she did exactly that and has regretted it. Probably had little support or no choice maybe. I think that probably drove her to adopt as well. She never married Gary's dad but calls herself by his name anyway. so if she did give a child up when she was little more than a child herself Social Services would have no idea.

Taking all this into account I still think she is a horrible selfish woman. She thinks the way to bring up a child is to give it what they want, she has been ridiculous from the start with Faye, one minute everything revolves around her, the next she hardly noticed her for months, completely ridiculous. Plus she went from daggers drawn with Tim to best buddies almost overnight even before the baby.
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna disgusts me. She might just be the worst character I've seen in any soap ever. I loathe her.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Meanaunty wrote: »
    There have been times when I've had the feeling that Anna is so intent on this baby not being given up for adoption because somewhere in her dim and distant past she did exactly that and has regretted it. Probably had little support or no choice maybe. I think that probably drove her to adopt as well. She never married Gary's dad but calls herself by his name anyway. so if she did give a child up when she was little more than a child herself Social Services would have no idea.

Taking all this into account I still think she is a horrible selfish woman. She thinks the way to bring up a child is to give it what they want, she has been ridiculous from the start with Faye, one minute everything revolves around her, the next she hardly noticed her for months, completely ridiculous. Plus she went from daggers drawn with Tim to best buddies almost overnight even before the baby.
    I think you usually have to give access to your medical records before adoption, so she couldnt keep it secret. Not that it would go against her anyway, I'm sure.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna is at the end of her tether and Faye needs a wake-up call, both annoy me so I don't care what words she used
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Anna decided Faye was keeping the baby because Anna wanted to keep the baby. Surely social services should be monitoring more closely and should have spoken to Faye alone so that Anna wasn't pushing her own needs. Now she's expecting Faye to be responsible for the baby hen she's only 12 or 13. I've never liked Anna. She's a martyr who loves being hard done by. She's a selfish, bitter cow. I can see Faye moving out as soon as she's 16. Faye has shown tentative signs of caring for the baby recently ie when she got the baby to sleep but I still think the baby should be adopted for Faye's sake if that's what Faye wants. However now Tim and Jackson's family are helping Faye might find things easier and might want to keep the baby. At the end of the day Anna is so self obsessed she didn't notice Faye was pregnant. Women and girls show when they're pregnant especially from 6 months onwards. How did she not notice? Social services should question that at least. I actually hate Anna. I hate her mannerisms, selfishness and general attitude towards others. The actress is doing a fantastic job. She also looks so different in real life, the way she holds herself and smiles. Debbie Rush is an attractive woman.

Also, some women don't even know that they are pregnant and there have been stories about it. In the US, there is even a show about women not knowing they were pregnant!
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is bouncing an old thread but I'm just catching up on episodes after a week away...

The line that Anna came out with to Faye along the lines off 'you of all people shouldn't want this baby to feel unwanted' and 'it's like history repeating itself' alluding to Faye's dead birth mother had to be one of the most spiteful lines I've ever heard.

AdoptIve parents get intensive training on how to deal with parenting adopted children, along with how you refer to their birth parents. There is no way it's would be ok refer to your child so negatively, and also being so disparaging to their origins. It's totally inappropriate.

Especially as Faye has gone through a really traumatic experience, like emilyb said, Anna should be looking at herself a bit more carefully rather than make Faye feel even more worthless
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Maddalene wrote: »
    Yes, she was vile. How can people be blaming a 12 year old girl, she's a child.

how could anyone sleep with miseriable faye,really?she never smiles i only hope this baby is a bit happier than she is
  • JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how could anyone sleep with miseriable faye,really?she never smiles i only hope this baby is a bit happier than she is

Have you seen the guy who got her pregnant? How we're supposed to believe that these 2 misery guts have lost their virginity is beyond me, must have been the most boring sex ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird behaviour from Anna.

Who would decide to clean someone else's house when they've just invited you round for a meal? That would be Anna lol