dumpty2 wrote: »
    I thought it was a nice article.

So did I. Lovely in fact.:)
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »

I know it's nothing to do with anything - but isn't Summer Straller related to Bonnie Langford?
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably why Dale didn't attend Cillas funeral :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dale-winton-sports-mohawk-baggy-6301742

That mohawk. :o:o:o
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably why Dale didn't attend Cillas funeral :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dale-winton-sports-mohawk-baggy-6301742

That mohawk. :o:o:o

he looks OK for a man of 60. :confused: Why do the tabloids have to make something out of nothing?
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    he looks OK for a man of 60. :confused: Why do the tabloids have to make something out of nothing?

He does look ok for a 60 year old. But the mohawk is a no no.
  • Options
    davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    It might be that Bobby had to be cremated because he had cancer treatment. I'm not sure if it's chemo or radiotherapy that means you have to be. If he was scattered to the four winds, as some have reported, then there would be no burial slot for him and he wouldn't have been buried next to Cilla's parents, as she was. I think it's nice that she's with her mum and dad. Like many, I wasn't a fan and always thought she was somewhat grandiose but in death we are all the same, more or less and 72 is not so old, these days.

Isn't this down to when junior docs used to convince the relatives that 'you can't bury cancer' and advising them to use the crem so they could collect the £15.00 fee known as 'Ash Cash' :D
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    It might be that Bobby had to be cremated because he had cancer treatment. I'm not sure if it's chemo or radiotherapy that means you have to be. If he was scattered to the four winds, as some have reported, then there would be no burial slot for him and he wouldn't have been buried next to Cilla's parents, as she was. I think it's nice that she's with her mum and dad. Like many, I wasn't a fan and always thought she was somewhat grandiose but in death we are all the same, more or less and 72 is not so old, these days.

I mean no harm or disrespect to you Doryd, but where on earth did you ever get the notion that deceased cancer patients cannot be buried.:o and must be cremated.

I am more than happy to disabuse you of that missinformation

They can and indeed have recieved burials and not cremations.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I've never liked Biggins. He's too mouthy and he tries to always be over the top when in front of the cameras on a show or whatever.

Always remember a story about a bloke who took his mum to the Ivy for lunch. At the next table Biggins was holding court, as as usual making a lot of noise about it. The man's mum gave Biggins a filthy look, and he turned to her and said ''Yes love, it's me - Biggins!''. The woman then turned to her son and said ''Who the hell is Biggins?''.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't get to be voted "most hateful passenger" by Cabin crew based on gossip and rumours. It's voted for entirely on experience and from personal experience, I can confirm she was utterly horrible and so far up her own arse she needed a glass belly button to see where she was going.

As for being number one, she made great pop records in the 60s and since she died there has been a huge marketing campaign by the record company to cash in on the unfortunate situation. That's what record companies do.

Actually you do get voted such an award based on rumour and gossip, that's how it works, facts need not apply. She's gone now, your reflected glory card has expired.
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »

I sort of get what you mean but it was actually a very nice article about a friend paying tribute to someone he was obviously very, very fond of. From what I've read, the feeling was mutual.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    The little girl from Scottie Road who never forgot her roots is now making her impact on the music world once again. I seen two albums in HMV this week under the new release section.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    I sort of get what you mean but it was actually a very nice article about a friend paying tribute to someone he was obviously very, very fond of. From what I've read, the feeling was mutual.

No need for the 'going to bed alone' bit or there being 'lots of men who tried to snare her' though.

I just wish he'd go away, be quiet and have a little consideration for her family who might be reading it all.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Actually you do get voted such an award based on rumour and gossip, that's how it works, facts need not apply. She's gone now, your reflected glory card has expired.

Indeed. I wonder who their new No.1 most hated person will be now?:p
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Indeed. I wonder who their new No.1 most hated person will be now?:p

Just because someone doesn't like her singing voice, doesn't mean that they hate her. Heavens, I'd be hating an awful lot of singers if that were the case.
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Lizzyroz;79350365]No need for the 'going to bed alone' bit or there being 'lots of men who tried to snare her' though.

Cilla was very open about her stance on relationships with men after Bobby died and she never tired of speaking about how much she loved and missed him. Biggins was just reiterating that.

I just wish he'd go away, be quiet and have a little consideration for her family who might be reading it all.[/QUOTE]

I expect he knows the family well so they will already be in the know about him speaking to the press, anyway he spoke lovely about their mother which I'm sure will be appreciated. Just don't read what he has to say if it bothers you so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because someone doesn't like her singing voice, doesn't mean that they hate her. Heavens, I'd be hating an awful lot of singers if that were the case.

That's not what I was referring to - I was responding to someone who was saying that Cilla was voted the 'most hated' passenger by cabin crew of some airline. Their words, not mine.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    That's not what I was referring to - I was responding to someone who was saying that Cilla was voted the 'most hated' passenger by cabin crew of some airline. Their words, not mine.

Oops, sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops, sorry.

That's OK!
  • Options
    flowerpatflowerpat Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    MrTheD wrote: »
    Furthermore on the Liverpool aspect, she was a confirmed Tory voter and fan of Thatcher, take out the fact she moved away and traded on the Liverpool accent whilst never returning to the city, the Tory allegiance, at a time when Thatchers regime was destroying the city, is reason enough why the vast majority of people in the city have very little time for her.

The reporting yesterday on the national news was atrocious and embarrassing. They clearly came to the city with the narrative of 'their own liver bird has gone, the city mourns' already established and searched frantically to find anyone they could to provide the requisite soundbites (and were reduced largely to 'rent-a-gob' Pete Price and her old school friend), they struggled to find more than a handful of other people who cared even remotely.

Very true! I was interested in an interview that she gave many years ago. I am unable to post a link but please look at the YouTube video called 'cilla black 1967'
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpat wrote: »
    Very true! I was interested in an interview that she gave many years ago. I am unable to post a link but please look at the YouTube video called 'cilla black 1967'

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdCz-UxjdmY
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

I thought she was ok what she said then & what a lot of stupid questions she was asked? Cilla Black was very naive back then she would say that herself & has done in the past.
  • Options
    deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New interview with Ringo talking about the shock of Cilla's death and he wanted to go to Cilla's funeral but he had work commitments :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ringo-starr-opens-up-cilla-6502333

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ringo-starr-speaks-first-time-10125868
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's two months (tomorrow) since Cilla Black died and despite all those rumors and predictions on here that we'd see a lot "coming out" about Ms Black and her behavior after her death, there has actually been nothing!

Nothing in the papers. Nothing online. Nothing here.

So maybe all those on here that clearly thought they knew far more than they actually did about Cilla Black would like to show some humility and admit they were wrong?
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's two months (tomorrow) since Cilla Black died and despite all those rumors and predictions on here that we'd see a lot "coming out" about Ms Black and her behavior after her death, there has actually been nothing!

Nothing in the papers. Nothing online. Nothing here.

So maybe all those on here that clearly thought they knew far more than they actually did about Cilla Black would like to show some humility and admit they were wrong?

Why should they? Just because nothing has come out doesn't mean it isn't true.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Why should they? Just because nothing has come out doesn't mean it isn't true.

Perhaps, but what about all the predictions that lot's would come out about her? As these predictions have come to naught isn't it more likely that the people on here who spent years running the woman down and couldn't even shut up in the hours after she died, actually didn't know what they was talking about or at the very least, greatly exaggerated her flaws?

The internet is great but the negativity of it and the "Chinese whispers" and innuendo and gossip is by far the worst aspect.