Where would you be now if you were with your ex?

Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
Forum Member
Just a conversation we were having at work earlier discussing what we think our lives would be like if we had stayed with previous partners.

My last ex boyfriend is about 28/29 and lives with his parents. When we were dating he was unemployed, had no ambition and stayed up all night playing computer games and chatting to his mates. His goal in lofe was either to marry a rich woman or have a baby and get a flat.

Had i stayed with him theres a high chance id have ended up pregnant and probably be living in a flat raising kids while hes asleep all day.

My previous boyfriend is 25 and shares a room with his younger brother. He works but spends all his money on his car/phone/gadgets/pubs and clubs etc. he relies on his mum to do his cooking, cleaning and washing and it happy to stay at home forever.

Had i stayed with him i probably wouldnt have found a job which paid enough to pay the rent on a place of our own so i would probably still be with my parents and only see him once or twice a week.

Of course im looking at it from a skewed perspective but its quite scary when you think of how differently your life could have been based on the choices you once made.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know where my ex's are now. Once it's over it's over and I never see them again if I can help it.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Locked up in jail on a murder charge :)
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any exes. I have a fiance though. He has a good job doing what he loves and he's very ambitious, and I graduate from university in the summer. Our future looks pretty bright :)
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Probably under her mother's car on the drive cutting the brake cables whilst she was in bed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With my first bf if I stayed with him I think I couldn't even say what could have happened. Towards the last few months of our relationship he was physically, psychologically and at times sexually abusive towards me. The moment I decided to leave was a crucial one, because up until that point I had felt like I had a lobotomy, because I knew what was going on was terribly wrong, but I thought what we had was love. We both had been drinking A LOT that night, he ended up passing out, but I was lying up for hours, just in deep thoughts, I don't know what prompted me to do it, but I just packed as much as I could, phoned my friend to pick me up and she did. She drove me to ours and I never heard from him.

Randomly nearly 2 years later I get pestered with abusive phone calls by him, then like the coward he was retracted all of it with apologies, and asked me to meet with him. Stupidly I did and he turned out to be the same bully he always was, with one difference. He was addicted to crystal meth. It was a really sad site for me because he was once quite attractive and had a nice, toned body. When I saw him last year he was thinner than a stick, he was wearing worn and old clothes. It was really sad.

So I'm very relieved I never chose to live that life.

My last ex boyfriend I actually still have a love for, but I don't think it would work out long term. But it was good while it lasted and we split at the right time. I really dug him as my man at the time though <3
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Living in a council house in North Wales (that's where the last one lives anyway). He's on his second marriage (or they're living over the brush, I really don't know) with 3 kids. His first marriage ended when he beat the girl a week after they got married (I was never that stupid enough to get hitched to him).
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Locked up in jail on a murder charge :)

Lol.

Anyway, I have no clue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Lol.

Anyway, I have no clue.

Nor did I :D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    I don't have any exes. I have a fiance though. He has a good job doing what he loves and he's very ambitious, and I graduate from university in the summer. Our future looks pretty bright :)

-expresses jealousy- :p
    Forum Member
    Nor did I :D;)

My ex is slightly nuts ("smart, sexy sane, choose two" I tend to go for smart and sexy*...) and was pregnant at the time. At some point between us not speaking for a couple of weeks and her splitting up with me by email she had either a miscarriage or an abortion (she wasn't clear which) and she said she never wanted to speak to me again. She may or may not now be with a woman.

*Although in this girl's case the latter could maybe be argued.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Having an affair probably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member

Until you saddle yourselves with a a couple of kids and a mortgage on an over priced house that is.
    Basically your just another slave to the machine, with a few happy memory's in between, oh, and then you die.

Don't you just love the innocents !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • scousesirenscousesiren Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    I'd probably be 6 feet under :( Took me over a year to build up the strength and courage to flee with my son.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    If I had exes, and I was still with one of them...

I'd probably be living in Texas. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be very, very depressed. She had a destructive, manipulative personality. So glad I left her and eventually found my current partner.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rooster9z wrote: »
    Until you saddle yourselves with a a couple of kids and a mortgage on an over priced house that is.
    Basically your just another slave to the machine, with a few happy memory's in between, oh, and then you die.

Don't you just love the innocents !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well considering we both have penises I don't think I need to worry about kids :)
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Married, resentful and bored stiff.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    If I had exes, and I was still with one of them...

I'd probably be living in Texas. :p

:eek: Me too with my ex husband. The pluses ,I would be very rich and have expensive clothes, the cons, I wouldn't be with someone I could talk to 24/7. I would constantly be on eggs waiting for the next blow up
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Dead probably.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ex is slightly nuts ("smart, sexy sane, choose two" I tend to go for smart and sexy*...) and was pregnant at the time. At some point between us not speaking for a couple of weeks and her splitting up with me by email she had either a miscarriage or an abortion (she wasn't clear which) and she said she never wanted to speak to me again. She may or may not now be with a woman.

*Although in this girl's case the latter could maybe be argued.

Let people be nuts so long as they do not get you to be nuts also, I tend to find that liars try to get you that way, they weave so many lies that you end up questioning your own sanity!!!

Grab your life and enjoy is my advice and don't believe all that is told to you..............and always open letters when they've shoved off ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably be 6 feet under :( Took me over a year to build up the strength and courage to flee with my son.

Well done you :)
    Forum Member
    Let people be nuts so long as they do not get you to be nuts also, I tend to find that liars try to get you that way, they weave so many lies that you end up questioning your own sanity!!!

Grab your life and enjoy is my advice and don't believe all that is told to you..............and always open letters when they've shoved off ;)

Sounds like a plan. Luckily in my case we weren't living together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a plan. Luckily in my case we weren't living together.

I am breathing a sigh of relief for you :)

I'm having so much fun opening letters that do not belong to me....not good I know but I feel so justified :D

*slopes off* :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Well considering we both have penises I don't think I need to worry about kids :)

They were one of the happy memories !!!, :o:o
  • scousesirenscousesiren Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Well done you :)

Thank you :)