Options

Awwwwww yesss Peter and Lauren got Julia's theme

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Awwwwww yesss Peter and Lauren got Julia's theme :D that ending was perfect for them and for their exit. I guess thats both Ben and Jac gone from Eastenders for good as I dont see either of them returning in the future since Ben wants to do other acting work and Jac has her new baby to look after

Comments

• Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its quite a mockery for character who have only been there a couple of years
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Characters have been there a long time. The actors only a couple of years.
  • Options
    martin2345ukmartin2345uk Posts: 368
    Forum Member

It's not a long service medal! Simply for use when drum beats don't suit the mood of the ending!
  • Options
    vixj83vixj83 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    It was a sweet ending, the duff duffs would never have suited.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its not a mockery both actors have been in the show a long time and deserve that send off
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Syed's wife got one then I see no problem in 2 of the shows brightest young talents getting one.
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was undeserved should have just left in a black cab. Hardly iconic characters Peter has hardly made an impact.

Wrong of Peter to leave after he has just found out his little brother is a murderer you would stick around to help out
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    It was a great ending, they deserved the happy ending. Honestly it felt like it was more for Peter than Lauren though, especially seeming she'll be back in under a year probably.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a mockery both actors have been in the show a long time and deserve that send off

This Peter has only been there about 2 years
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    They don't need a duff duff... They needed a sweet moment because they left happy.

Best part of EastEnders in the last 7 days.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Undeserving but hey Amira got one. Theyve cheapened the theme
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member

Peter's one of EastEnders first families and the Brannings have been around quite a few years now so it's fitting. Anyway, it was nice to see a young couple leaving together under somewhat happy circumstances considering what's gone on in the last year. I was glad they got the 'Julia's Theme' ending.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I think it was right to use a Julia's theme for them! For a couple who have been together since they were 12 or 13. Yeah I get they haven't been together the whole way through but they've been through a lot and have always loved each other. It was fitting and sweet.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    The characters deserved it and the storyline deserved it. A really lovely exit for them.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I am glad they got it. :)
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By this logic it was a mockery to use it with Lou and Ian in episode 16.

It's used for scenes where the duff-duff doesn't fit. When will people get this drummed into their head?
  • Options
    vixj83vixj83 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    A character shouldn't just be measured on it's current actor. Peter was born in the show 21 years ago. You're meant to forget that it's a different actor and bear in mind this is the same person.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous. Just shows who DTC's favourites are. I like Peter, but him and Lauren shouldn't have got the theme in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing Lauren is coming back and that they must end up breaking up meant I just couldn't really get into it.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Beale's are the shows first family. They were based on Tony Holland's family. Julia's Theme wasn't just about Peter and Lauren. It was about the future also, a new Beale generation now beginning with the shows longest serving character, Ian, having his first grandchild.

Besides all that Lauren and Peter have been childhood sweethearts for just shy of 10 whole years. It doesn't matter that the actors changed heads. Their storyline remained the same.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was undeserved should have just left in a black cab. Hardly iconic characters Peter has hardly made an impact.

Wrong of Peter to leave after he has just found out his little brother is a murderer you would stick around to help out

I beg to differ, lauren has been a major character since jossa as been in the role
    And lauren will no doubt become a future icon for the show.

Peter while ben may not have been there long, he has don't some pretty emotional scenes like the funeral, aftermath and reveal. Peter as a character has been there on/off since 93 and is a part of the shows original family and will keep the family going and he has been a wreck since lucy does and it's only right he and lauren got this happy ending.

Alternatively lauren should have still thought it was Peter and they leave on bad terms which is the usual soaps do.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i fear lauren wont come back at all :(
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter, as a character, has been there from birth. Lauren's been there for nearly 10 years (and Jacqueline herself has been there for nearly 5 years too, and been prominent nearly all that time).

Julia's Themes are for characters, and stories, not for actors. It was perfectly fitting for their characters. Duff-duffs wouldn't have fit, which is the point.
  • Options
    BitoftreakleBitoftreakle Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    While I think both are great characters, I hope Lauren doesn't come back after Jossa's maternity leave as the exit was nice for them and seem like a natural conclusion to their stories, I feel like a return for just Lauren would be a little contrived considering how certain on each other and having a family they were. The Julia's theme was tonally right for the one happy ending of the rather bleak Lucy Beale storyline.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very fitting :) great episode!