Apple Macbooks

Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My american friend has one and they seem pretty awesome. I was thinking of getting a 13" or a 15" pro in January.

How much do they usually cost here in the UK?

Anyone use one?

Comments

• sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    I've got one for work.
    It's looooooovely.
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep lovely laptops, the normal Macbooks (13") white ones go for about £750 blacks about £850 I think.

Pro's you're looking at over a grand, check out www.apple.com/uk for current pricing.
  • jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=7B723643&node=home/shop_mac/family/macbook
    The base version does not have a DVD burner so you should prob go for the mid range one.
  • CylinderCylinder Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love a Apple notebook.

But 13" Macbook is too small.
    And a Macbook Pro 15"/17" is far too expensive for me. :(

Also, I think it's crap that the £700 base model Macbook doesn't have a DVD writer - in this day and age.

I hope both of these things will be addressed when they announce new Macbooks, that will look like the new imacs probablly.

Anybody heard any rumours about new Macbooks?
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are so popular in the US, yet over here a lot of people haven't heard of them.

I love how quick they load up once you press the power button.
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are rumours of Macbook revamps in November following the release of OSX 10.5 (Leopard).

If you know anyone who is a student or connected to any educational establishment you can get large-ish discounts on Macbooks.
  • Speedbird2006Speedbird2006 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Wait until the new one comes out in a few weeks - an update is long overdue, and there are stacks of rumours that it will be soon!:)