Options

Ex-Casualty star battles breast cancer

Comments

• Options
    Tori's SoapboxTori's Soapbox Posts: 4,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How touching that article was .... sending her my best wishes ... :)
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad :( I hope she comes through the other side.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of her, but wish her and every other sufferer of this terrible disease a full and speedy recovery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's gutting to hear of another person getting this horrid disease. it takes no consideration of age, it's vulgar. i also hate to hear that another young person got ignored by their GP, when will they learn.

Good luck to Rebekah, I hope that the op goes ok and you have plenty of quality time with your family.

enjoy every day
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's sad. She only had her baby a couple of months ago. I hope she makes a full recovery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a world where (not being nasty) one can pick up a paper or magazine or paper any day and find a cancer diary or story, that one still stands out. What horrible timing for this genuinely brave young women.
  • Options
    Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    *Clem* wrote: »
    That's sad. She only had her baby a couple of months ago. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Oh wow, that is sad if that's true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww

Good luck Rebekah hope you make a speedy recovery

AJxx
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish her well, along with everyone else afflicted by this, or any other form of Cancer.
    This is not a dig at her, or anyone else, but I'd just like to say that sometimes I find the media a bit insensitive in the way they cover these issues -particulary breast cancer, because at the moment, that's the one that draws the most attention, due to the high profile people affected it by it recently.
    As someone who has seen a very close friend battle this illness, I found it wasn't that helpful for that person to pick up a newspaper or magazine and read about someone famous who had the illness, with all the ins and outs of their treatment and diagnosis detailed so that my friend could reach the conclusion that her own case was worse (more advanced, bigger or whatever), therefore the outcome wouldn't be as good, or to read about a famous person who lost the battle, who might have had a similar type/size growth - therefore leading my friend to assume her battle would be lost too.
    I know it can't do any harm to emphasize the importance of being aware of our bodies, but I wish the media would show some discretion and restraint in the way they report these things.
    Sorry to ramble on but having been driven to tear pages out of magazines and newspapers to save further distress and worry, this is very close to my heart.
  • Options
    pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote: »

Bad news for anyone who has cancer.

Being in Casulaty does not make her special