****Revenge - UK Pace****

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode, hopefully Frank has been killed off now never really liked that character, and it adds a whole new twist with the real Emily Thorne as it opens up a whole segment of storylines that could link back to Amanda's past like why did the real Emily agree to the name swap and why did the warden help Amanda, it seems like shes got a lot of friends.

Next weeks ep is going to very interesting, also I hate Tyler just thought I'd throw that in lol, hope Nolan uses that video he filmed of the two of them together to bring him down, his little stunts are getting annoying now seeing as he gets caught out most of the time
  • tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I must be imagining an earlier scene.

I had it in my head that Frank had already found no earlier history for Emily Thorne which would fit in with that she took a fictitious name, but now we find that she swapped identities.

Good that the show has now moved on from the revenge on the week plots.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^ She had created a fake history with the pictures of her in certain clubs and her name on certain registers for organisations. I watched US pace so can't remember, but I think something Emily did made him suspicious and then he figured out that she was hiding something. He wanted the proof to get back in the Grayson's good books.

The warden helped her because she obviously paid her off. She spoke about financial contribution she'd made to the centre and probably gave her quite a big personal pay off too.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im confused about this twist, am i being thick?

amanda was the little girl witnessed everything, went to prison and came back under an alias 'emily thorne'. then in this last episode we meet a girl whose real name is emily thorne - she agreed to swap identities with amanda..? is that it? i dont see how that is a big twist, its just a plot developement surely?
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Honestly, the most shocking thing about Revenge is finding out that Gabriel Mann, the actor who plays Nolan, is 40.
  • tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Honestly, the most shocking thing about Revenge is finding out that Gabriel Mann, the actor who plays Nolan, is 40.

I've concluded that apart from his face, it is his hairstyle and clothing (casual jackets) that makes him look younger.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    tweenie wrote: »
    Me too.

Actually I was going to ask on here how old people thought the character was supposed to be when Amanda's father invested in his firm, because I thought he looked young.
    I've concluded that apart from his face, it is his hairstyle and clothing (casual jackets) that makes him look younger.

As we can see here, http://greenobles.com/photos/gabriel-mann/05/ there is no way that Gabriel Mann looks 40. Whatever his secret is, he really ought to get together with Estée Lauder to sell it and they'd both be raking in millions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? I wou;dn't have guessed that :eek:
    Speaking of age, how old is Emily meant to be now and is Daniel a lot younger than her? And also when was her father arrested?

I cracked and downloaded the entire series, just finished it last night after watching 3 episodes a day. It get better each time and the finale is amazing!!.
  • burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I'd assumed all along that tyler fancied daniel - that was obvious. And nolan was clearly camp as anything, i'd assumed he had to be 30-40ish for the dad to have invested 10-15 or so years ago. he wasn't Emily's age clearly or Daniels.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member

Yeah, the hair and clothing help a lot. Like Tory and Grant from Mythbusters dress and act much younger than they are (they're both 41).
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually find Emily soooo unlikeable!

The way she speaks so softly..with a condescending smile, oh so devious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some great Nolan lines tonight.
    "I have to go do work for bossy pants"
    "Neither is aiding and abetting your evil twin"
    "I'm not built for prison time" :D:D
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watching tonights episode on catch up - at around 11mins 23 sec in, it's the scene with Nolan and Amanda (Emily!) -- did anyone else notice the guy in the orange top stood behind Nolan in the doorway of his house? Is he meant to be there or is that a crew member?

update - I think he's a guard in the show actually - though seems odd Nolan would chat to Emily on the phone with him present....
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally feel the show has become a little bit flat...

I do enjoy it and like that "Amanda" has now come in to it but... there needs to be a bit more development

It just felt a little bit static and I don't like the character personality transplant in Ashley... she just seems to have changed over night from pretty much no where! They clearly want her to become a "baddy" and be a female Taylor.....
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I'm liking it so far, both Madelin Stowe and Emily VanCamp are perfectly cast in this show.

Everthing Victoria says has some kind of underlying message to it and you're just waiting for someone to trip up :).

The game played between the leads is very well wrote and Nolan provides some light relief it what is a dark show.

I originally wondered how they could carry it for 20+ episodes but it's obviously now they need more than 10-12 to explain the plot for season one.

I'm looking foward to see how everything turns out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just watching tonights episode on catch up - at around 11mins 23 sec in, it's the scene with Nolan and Amanda (Emily!) -- did anyone else notice the guy in the orange top stood behind Nolan in the doorway of his house? Is he meant to be there or is that a crew member?

update - I think he's a guard in the show actually - though seems odd Nolan would chat to Emily on the phone with him present....

He doesn't seem overly concerned with his staff. lol
    His bodyguard accompanied him to Emily's house when he figured out Amanda killed Frank.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else think that when Victoria was chatting to Lydia in her bedroom, it sounded like Victoria said: "Do you remember the time when we took that little girls' trip to pussy tunnel?"
    Couldn't help bursting out laughing! :D I don't think she actually said pussy tunnel though, it was some similar-sounding obscure place name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoooW

If anyone is interested, after next Mondays episode....on RTE2 on Wednesday is a double bill of the following two episodes :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Am really liking the show but cn someone help me with the time line? So Emily was 8 when it all happened, how long go was that? Some people say 12 years, others 17 ?

If its 17, why is Daniel at uni? Surely he'd be way past that? I'm also presuming that Charlotte is Emily's half sister?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Am really liking the show but cn someone help me with the time line? So Emily was 8 when it all happened, how long go was that? Some people say 12 years, others 17 ?

If its 17, why is Daniel at uni? Surely he'd be way past that? I'm also presuming that Charlotte is Emily's half sister?

Emily is mentioned being 26 in the pilot. So, from the time her father was first arrested to where the show is now is roughly 18 years.
    I don't know about Daniel being at uni, I don't remember that but it wouldn't surprise me if he's meant to be 23/24 or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Emily is mentioned being 26 in the pilot. So, from the time her father was first arrested to where the show is now is roughly 18 years.
    I don't know about Daniel being at uni, I don't remember that but it wouldn't surprise me if he's meant to be 23/24 or something.

An ok, I thought they were the same age! He's deinatley at Harvard, on break - so is Tyler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revenge was snubbed at the emmys.

Not a single nomination :(

Shocked
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I watched the first episode at the time it aired and put the rest on series record. I was about six weeks behind or whatever and have just caught up. It does get better as it goes along doesn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I watched the first episode at the time it aired and put the rest on series record. I was about six weeks behind or whatever and have just caught up. It does get better as it goes along doesn't it?

Depends on your taste? Are you enjoying it now?

I thought it got better and better up until episode 15 (big episode) and then the momentum dropped for a while until the last couple of episodes.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a few weeks behind but finally managed to get up-to-date. I'm thoroughly enjoying the show; the story is really interesting and the acting is great, particularly from Madeleine Stowe. The initial setup with the revenge of the week episodes in the beginning were good, but I'm glad they moved from that and now it flows really well.

I liked that they showed future events in the pilot and then started a few months back, leading up to those events. I think it's really interesting to see how everything leads up and gets to that moment. I'm a fan of Damages, so I've always found that really good to watch.

Also, I have a suspicion that it isn't Daniel that gets shot. I don't think we ever saw his face in the pilot, so I'm gonna make a guess and say Tyler is actually the one who gets shot. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.