Options

The X Factor - Live Show Weekend 3 - Sat/Sun ITV1/HD 8:00 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Nope. If it was one of those microphones on sticks I might find it more amusing, but it's just a touch screen.

"I'm going to start calling mine my winky,"

No, you're not..or you'll be single, darling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She's just vile
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Daisy Looo wrote: »
    this has been my first time watching x factor & commenting on this forum and to be honest it has been more entertaining than the actual program...plus its been great to bitch!....

It just ''goes'' with the show, and you always know what you're going to get with this place. Ribbing + bitching :p
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy Looo wrote: »
    this has been my first time watching x factor & commenting on this forum and to be honest it has been more entertaining than the actual program...plus its been great to bitch!....

I agree, it's why I like these threads. The comments are always so entertaining, and at times more than the show itself :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I enjoy these threads because I get to be sarcastic, whiny, catty and no one tells me not to be, victory :D
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I've just been cleaning my oven out and I had the hideous realization that it was MORE enjoyable than watching X Factor...
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy these threads because I get to be sarcastic, whiny, catty and no one tells me not to be, victory :D

That sums me up too, its good to vent over shite :D

Plus it is kinda funny on here.
  • Options
    monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the song Nicholas should have sung http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCrEeqmjOBo
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke and Tamera trended worldwide after the show. Says a lot about who stood out.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Caller is right Rough Copy are very cheesy.

Well I'm sadly old enough to remember a trio called Imagination back in the day - they were cheese on toast! Rough Copy reminded me of them last night, which is a shame because I think they are better than that!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Just watched Abi's performance on Youtube, thought she was very poor. Her breathing and timing was off and her vocal style (see Diana Vickers, Janet Devlin) makes her seem out of tune and just isn't very pleasant to listen to. :(
    Nicholas was okay, but it didnt seem a very good song for a boy to sing. Maybe Abi and Nicholas could have swapped songs?
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell ‏@SimonCowell 5m
    On the uk X factor show I see three acts who will go on to sell records. A couple more if they dig deep can do the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sam C, Nicholas and Tamera then in S Cowell's opinion? :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    On the uk X factor show I see three acts who will go on to sell records. A couple more if they dig deep can do the same.

His cryptic tweets about the UK are always fun. I think he praised James lots last year.
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

I'd say Simon is thinking Hannah, Tamera, Rough Copy/ Nicholas.
    I think Tamera and Hannah are the most probable for careers outside the show. Hannah in a Rebecca F way and Tamera in an Alex B type of style.
    Sam B could definitely continue to have a music career although I don't think she would set the charts alight.
    I'm interested to see if Sam C will hit the bottom 2 tonight of if his twitter/facebook fans are voting fans. He or Abi deserve that slot tonight, though I think the sympathy vote may save Abi for another week.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

The thing is that all of their target markets are saturated and very competitive.

I don't even know who Nicholas' target audience would be.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bookies have it as a three-horse race between Sam Callahan, Abi and Third Rate Copy to join Miss Dynamix in the bottom 2

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/x-factor/bottom-two
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a disaster for the producers if Abi is in the Bottom 2; she seems to be next week's target, not this week's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rough Copy's harmonising was poor this week, and their style/sound in general is very dated imo, sorry.
    The 1990's called, and wants its sound back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Abi deserves to go after this weeks performance IMO, but if the producers don't like her, why put her through to the shows if theyre just going to knock her down? That's just nasty.
    And she should at least be styled properly with decent glasses not ones that look they came from a Christmas cracker or Nana Mouskouri's dresser.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    It would be a disaster for the producers if Abi is in the Bottom 2; she seems to be next week's target, not this week's.

:D:D
    I love this forum :D
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    bookclub10 wrote: »

That's being generous! Once the shine wears off with the winners single and a debut single from one or two of the others, I can't see any of them making an impact in the long term.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Lets assume that Abi and Miss Dynamix do go in the next two weeks

Who would be this year's Week 5 or 6 shock elimination???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Lets assume that Abi and Miss Dynamix do go in the next two weeks

Who would be this year's Week 5 or 6 shock elimination???

We might not have one because of the new scheme. If there's a Flash Vote shock, everyone will be paranoid and a Sunday shock might be averted. If the Flash Vote victim isn't a shock and the Sunday loser is a shock, then there's no problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We might not have one because of the new scheme. If there's a Flash Vote shock, everyone will be paranoid and a Sunday shock might be averted. If the Flash Vote victim isn't a shock and the Sunday loser is a shock, then there's no problem.

No joke act, no deadlock and now possibly no shock eliminations...

Are the producers deliberately trying to remove all the fun from the show??

Just remembered we still have the group song on Sunday nights which is always good for a laugh