Andrea Byrne -ITV Wales News

Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
Forum Member
✭✭
Has she left the station. I have not seen her on with some while. Ruth Wignall seems to be the main Female presenter with some while. If she has left it is a blow to the station. Justina Simpson also left a year or two ago. She always made the news more interesting to watch. There was another female presenter on earlier this year for about 2 weeks (I am sure it was while Ruth was on her Holidays) that I would not mind seeing more use made off.

Comments

• JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she left the station. I have not seen her on with some while. Ruth Wignall seems to be the main Female presenter with some while. If she has left it is a blow to the station. Justina Simpson also left a year or two ago. She always made the news more interesting to watch. There was another female presenter on earlier this year for about 2 weeks (I am sure it was while Ruth was on her Holidays) that I would not mind seeing more use made off.

Taking a break.
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea is married to rugby player Lee Byrne, who plays club rugby in France. They've spent very little time together since they married. ITV Wales were happy for her to take a sabbatical from work to spend some time with him. She is due to return to ITV Wales in November, and may well do the odd shift on the national news again.
  • oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Oldish thread but GOOD NEWS Andrea is back on Monday from their new studio in Cardiff Bay .................
    Regards
  • GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oscar1 wrote: »
    Oldish thread but GOOD NEWS Andrea is back on Monday from their new studio in Cardiff Bay .................
    Regards

I have enjoyed Ruth Wignall presenting.I hope that she is not side lined now.