Options

STV the Debate, Salmond and Darling

Comments

• Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    I suspect he will do nothing of the sort.

That is his usual tactic.

Whatever is said by either party it won''t change my mind.
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    Are BBC News and Sky News not showing it live? I think it's more important than the LBC debate with Clegg and Farrage which was live on both.

I don't think STV would want their viewers watching on a news channel (potentially with analysis replacing adverts). It makes sense for STV to have it on their channel and online. It's a coup for them over bigger broadcasters, and fair play to them.
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangers v Hibs on BBC Alba for me then! 7.35pm Kick off.

'mon the Cabbage
  • Options
    tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you live in say london how can you watch this on tv say live or full highlights or highlights
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »
    Rangers v Hibs on BBC Alba for me then! 7.35pm Kick off.

'mon the Cabbage

Ah, didn't know that. Sorry Salmond, will have to give your performance a miss then.:D
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    Is this online anywhere?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Is this online anywhere?

stv.tv
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    tvsatweek wrote: »
    If you live in say london how can you watch this on tv say live or full highlights or highlights
    If you have Sky or Freesat it should be possible to manually add it.

Alternatively the BBC news said that "BBC Parliament" will repeat it tomorrow.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    If you have Sky or Freesat it should be possible to manually add it.

Can one of you clever folks talk me through it please?
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SouthCity wrote: »
    The White Paper drawn up by the SNP states that all commercial broadcast licences will be honoured until the expiry date. In the case of Channel 3 that's 31 December 2024.

OFCOM have already required that ITV provide the Scottish variant of Border region as a separate transmission with the full 30 minute regional news daily plus 90 minutes of additional regional programming weekly (which can be originated from STV).
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OFCOM have already required that ITV provide the Scottish variant of Border region as a separate transmission with the full 30 minute regional news daily plus 90 minutes of additional regional programming weekly (which can be originated from STV).

Although Border Scotland isn't transmitted on satellite or cable, so viewers have to switch back to Freeview to see the local news, local politics programme and things like tonight's debate.
  • Options
    epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Is this online anywhere?
    STV Player http://player.stv.tv/
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is watching on TV and who is watching it online?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Can one of you clever folks talk me through it please?
    On Sky

Options->Add Channels then Select
    Change settings to 10.906 V 22000 and 5/6 then Yellow button to search.

Highlight any of the STVs and press Yellow again to store.

Access via Options->Other Channels
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    damo_c wrote: »
    Shame ITV haven't seen fit to network this. Those of us south of the border might not have a vote but the result affects us all.
    Another momentus event and itv towers chooses not show this debate across the itv network. The referendum next month will have consequences beyond the scottish borders so why have itv decided that we south of the border arent allowed to see it live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    Another momentus event and itv towers chooses not show this debate across the itv network. The referendum next month will have consequences beyond the scottish borders so why have itv decided that we south of the border arent allowed to see it live.
    As I said before on BBC Parliament tomorrow -according to PM on Radio 4!

Just not live!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    As I said before on BBC Parliament tomorrow -according to PM on Radio 4!

Just not live!
    Just saying that something that is going to have consequences for all of the uk should have been shown across the ITV Network instead of just being shown in just scotland.
  • Options
    SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because it would tank in the ratings in England & Wales, there is virtually no interest in watching 2 hours of this outside of Scotland. Screening a referendum debate on a main channel in countries where citizens have no vote is just handing viewers to other channels on a plate.

The BBC will simulcast their debate on the news channel but they won't clear the BBC1 schedules for it apart from in Scotland.
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the STV Player has crashed. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just saying that something that is going to have consequences for all of the uk should have been shown across the ITV Network instead of just being shown in just scotland.
    Find someone with satellite TV - and who knows how to get STV - and it is!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it would tank in the ratings in England & Wales, there is virtually no interest in watching 2 hours of this outside of Scotland. Screening a referendum debate on a main channel in countries where citizens have no vote is just handing viewers to other channels on a plate.

The BBC will simulcast their debate on the news channel but they won't clear the BBC1 schedules for it apart from in Scotland.

Its not shown on the BBC News Channel as I have checked, Maybe BBC Red Button is a good solution but they never thought of that.
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    I think the STV Player has crashed. :(

Yes it has, or has been hacked: 'Segment Loading Security Violation: Video Playback not possible'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it has, or has been hacked: 'Segment Loading Security Violation: Video Playback not possible'.

Non Scotland viewers aren't impressed with this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The offerings on itv between 2000-2203 when the news may start arent exactly ratings pullers. And the scottish referendum should have the publics engagement south of the border as a yes vote for independence will have consequences beyond the scottish borders.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

That's all I'm getting too. Talk about third-rate.