Emily Watson to star in 7/7 drama

woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind who is in this program, I can't help feeling it is in bad taste. Bit like the films etc made about the Twin Towers. I know 2 people who's lives have be4en ruined by the 7/7 bombings, and they are appalled that there is to be a show made of it.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Surely you cannot be serious. A couple of people you know were affected by an incident so you don't think a programme should be made about it?
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Never mind who is in this program, I can't help feeling it is in bad taste. Bit like the films etc made about the Twin Towers. I know 2 people who's lives have be4en ruined by the 7/7 bombings, and they are appalled that there is to be a show made of it.

my family was badly affected by the events of world war 2 should they not have made the countless films based on this event?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    But if we don't document things by way of feature films, so much of a certain generation / demographic would never understand the events.

Terror attacks, disasters, war are all awful things, yet they shouldn't be allowed to be forgotten for fear of a taboo or bad taste.
    kaycee wrote: »