ebay issue

Comments

• abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    ACL777 wrote: »
    When selling electrical items I always put no returns. Why does ebay have the no returns option if at the first sniff of a scammer I crumble and accept a return a month later.
    The "no returns" relates to the return of something when a buyer changes their mind.

http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/offer-returns-policy

This is irrelevant in this case, because the buyer is claiming that the item was damaged when it arrived.

If that is true, they are entitled to return it and get a refund.

If they are trying to scam you, it's up to you to demonstrate that they are a scammer.

You may as well ask them to return it now, so that you can inspect it with a view to sending them a refund.

You will lose this one unless you can demonstrate that they returned a different PS4 or they have replaced the innards.
  • ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks for the advice. If I hang on to the end and ebay rule against me what happens, ie will the ps4 be returned to me and ebay refund the buyer and then charge me.? Also as I don't have the money do they offer repayment plans of a minimum amount each month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does ebay not offer any protection to the seller? I mean it is his word against mine. Any buyer can damage an item and get away with it? I'm not talking about my personal case just in general. The buyer can order anything use and abuse it and get a full refund. The seller is f*****k over every time.
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does ebay not offer any protection to the seller? I mean it is his word against mine. Any buyer can damage an item and get away with it? I'm not talking about my personal case just in general. The buyer can order anything use and abuse it and get a full refund. The seller is f*****k over every time.

That's why I don't sell on ebay anymore. It's a buyers market I'm afraid.

Sold a game on there once, and the guy said it turned up with no disc in the case. Which is bullsh1t. So he got a £30 game for free effectively. Ebay didn't wanna know and just refunded him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I will never sell on ebay again. It's a shame as all my previous transactions have been positive and I have 100 per cent feedback. Still it only takes one to ruin it. I guess independent/home sellers will disappear from eBay and it will be stores and chains that will dominate the seller market.
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I will never sell on ebay again. It's a shame as all my previous transactions have been positive and I have 100 per cent feedback. Still it only takes one to ruin it. I guess independent/home sellers will disappear from eBay and it will be stores and chains that will dominate the seller market.

You said you asked the buyer for feedback 3 times. That is a definite no no.

Check through the buyers feedback to see if other sellers have indicated problems with that buyer.

Ebay will very likely rule buyer must return item for full refund. Do not refund until original item has been delivered to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. It finishes on the 12th of September and then escalates to a full on ebay investigation as we will not reach a conclusion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    You said you asked the buyer for feedback 3 times. That is a definite no no.

Check through the buyers feedback to see if other sellers have indicated problems with that buyer.

Ebay will very likely rule buyer must return item for full refund. Do not refund until original item has been delivered to you.

Out of interest why shouldn't you ask a buyer after days and weeks of waiting for feedback. It's how the ebay community works.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest why shouldn't you ask a buyer after days and weeks of waiting for feedback. It's how the ebay community works.

Feedback is voluntary. Some buyers/sellers get annoyed if they are repeatedly asked to leave feedback.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

No problem.

How have you responded to the dispute ? Make sure you inform ebay item was securely packaged and in good working order when sent. You may be lucky and ebay will issue a no fault refund, which will cost you nothing.

Fingers crossed for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    No problem.

How have you responded to the dispute ? Make sure you inform ebay item was securely packaged and in good working order when sent. You may be lucky and ebay will issue a no fault refund, which will cost you nothing.

Fingers crossed for you.

It's actually got abit unpleasant. He has accused me of deliberately sending a faulty item and claims he didn't check it for over a month because it was a birthday present for his daughter. I have hit back by suggesting he may be scamming me. All childish stuff sadly but I am not going to roll over until Ebay make their ruling. Anyway I have learnt a lesson, never use ebay again. I should have sold the PS4 privately.
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you do end up having to give a refund and getting the console back, it's likely it will still be under warranty. Could always get it fixed if it's a manufacturing fault?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that's true. Thanks, I will keep these things in mind. Ebay will start a full investigation other 12th. I'm not sure how many weeks that will take before a decision is made and then of course I guess the loser has a right to one appeal.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »

Does the buyer seem legit? What is their feedback like?
    This question OP, what is it like?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    No I won't ask him to send it back. I don't want it. I said no returns. If it's broken he has probably damaged it.I have no idea about a serial number. I'm not putting my head in the sand. I am asking for advice and throwing out potential scenarios. As it stands I will go through the eBay investigation route and will not comply with anything until I am legally obliged to do so. When selling electrical goods I always put no returns.

Saying no returns doesn't waive his legal rights. If he is saying it's broken it's up to you to prove otherwise.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a situation like this it's possible that the console was damaged during transit.

There is however the possibility the buyer will swap it for a faulty console in which case ebay may side with the buyer.

Worst case scenario paypal refund the buyer and you're paypal account goes into negative figures.

I have read of some instances where people just stop using their paypal accounts and never pay paypal the money they 'owe'. They change their contact details on paypal and never use it ever again.

Paypal send them threatening debt collection letters but on occasions end up giving up depending on the amount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ebay found in favour of the buyer and sent me an email saying they would reimburse the buyer and charge me after I had taken receipt of the item. Well a day later I recieved another email saying the buyer has been reimbursed and my paypal account is now in negative figures and yet the item has yet to be returned to me. Where do I stand, ebay has clearly contradicted it's own rules?
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ebay found in favour of the buyer and sent me an email saying they would reimburse the buyer and charge me after I had taken receipt of the item. Well a day later I recieved another email saying the buyer has been reimbursed and my paypal account is now in negative figures and yet the item has yet to be returned to me. Where do I stand, ebay has clearly contradicted it's own rules?

Up shit creek without a paddle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep my thoughts exactly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has buyer give you or Ebay any proof of the item being sent back to you, i.e. returns slip, recorded delivery reference, etc??

OP I'd be onto their LiveChat facility asap to ask them why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find their live chat facility. I don't think they have one anymore. The only contact is phone and they can take twenty minutes to answer before connecting to the call center and I only have a mobile.
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty much stopped selling on ebay a year or so ago. Not worth the hassle!

If I do sell anything on there it's for stuff under £20 and I sell it on the assumption I'm going to get ripped off. In the last year I sold just the one item, don't buy much off there either now as their not that cheap anymore!

Anything I have purchased in the last year is stuff I couldn't get anywhere else!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't find their live chat facility. I don't think they have one anymore. The only contact is phone and they can take twenty minutes to answer before connecting to the call center and I only have a mobile.
    Live Chat is still there, for some reason it wasn't last night - too late perhaps? Not sure, but I've just tried it now and it's available. You have to go through the process of clicking on 'Help&Contact' link in the top right corner, you come to a page where it says 'what can I help you with?' and choose one of the option until you get the types of contact you can make. I picked Resolution Centre and then buyer didn't pay or something like that, and was presented with email/phone/chat options. Good luck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I got through to them, I was then transfered to another chat department who then told me I would receive a response via email in 24 hrs. Before I could reply I was cut off. What an awful company.