UK drama flops?

ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which UK dramas can you recall that flopped miserably?

"Love and Marriage" is easily a flop. With a talented and experience cast it has failed to impress viewers.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    95% of ITV drama.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which UK dramas can you recall that flopped miserably?

"Love and Marriage" is easily a flop. With a talented and experience cast it has failed to impress viewers.

The Brett's in the eighties, had an rumoured episode budget of a million, stellar cast but the script was weak and the sets were cheap looking.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Outcasts
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recall an ITV drama about a Royal Navy warship (which I believe was imaginatively called Warship) which was axed after three episodes, the other three have never been shown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I recall an ITV drama about a Royal Navy warship (which I believe was imaginatively called Warship) which was axed after three episodes, the other three have never been shown.

Sank without a trace?...
  • ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I remember a drama about an helicopter ambulance crew. Think it was 'call red'. Loved the show but after the first series it disappeared without a trace, never to be shown again. Shame as I really loved it.

also remember a late evening show set in an all girls school in the 50s/60s and they used to meet up in a dinner with their boyfriends. That's all I remember about that but at the time I thought it was good, ended on a cliff hanger which at the moment escapes me, and never returned. Can never remember the name of that show but keep thinking it was called 'blue suade shoes' but can't find anything on it and it doesn't sound right.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was "a year in provence" really that bad? I remember in the opening credits of aunties bloomers "series 2" was one of the programmes locked inside the vault.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »

In the 1970's there was a BBC drama called Warship that lasted four series and a total of 45 episodes.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Rhodes a huge flop?
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serious & Organised - A cop show with Martin Kemp & Joe Duttine - It was actually very good, but it obviously flopped as it only lasted one series.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Paradox.

They didn't see the cancellation coming and try to stop it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 5's remake of Minder.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet Medicine and Between the Sheets, both ITV 2003, rubbish.

A Thing Called Love, BBC, 2004.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nine-Nine wrote: »
    Channel 5's remake of Minder.

I forgot that even existed.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tripods in the mid-1980s. The BBC invested a lot of money into it - far more than they would spend on Doctor Who at the time - with three series in the pipeline. Michael Grade arrived at the BBC as controller of BBC One and promptly axed it after the second series, judging it an expensive flop, meaning that a third and final series was never made.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trainer on BBC 1 on sunday nights, about a racing yard.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonekickers, obviously. And Survivors the remake. And Upstairs, Downstairs the remake. All BBC if we're doing channels.
  • Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    The Borgias
    The Cleopatras
    Churchill's People
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I vaguely remember that. My Grandparents used to watch it.

Jane Hall a drama about a female bus driver. That was VERY good.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Devil's ****
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Deep. Got to be near the top, or bottom, of the list. Depending on how the list is structured.

Hunted as well? Although I enjoyed it. :o

Identity on ITV, to add balance.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Deep. Got to be near the top, or bottom, of the list. Depending on how the list is structured.

Hunted as well? Although I enjoyed it. :o

Identity on ITV, to add balance.

Hunted only flopped here I think it did really well for the American Co-producer and is comming for for another series.

The Survivors remake flopped here well series 2 did, but they got the whole thing wrong and it was too episodic for a 6 episode run.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember that. Didn't Cliff Richard sing the theme tune?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Rescue Me', on BBC 1 back in 2002, starred Sally Phillips. I really liked it, but it got low ratings and never made it to a second series, leaving a load of cliffhangers unresolved.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    'The White Queen' is getting there...