Options

The Lucy Beale Storyline: DS Detective Thread *likely spoilers*

1343536373840»

Comments

• Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I read that on Twitter this morning. Sounds interesting but I'm inclined to take it with a grain of salt for now.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    The actor of DC Holt is Shaun Prendergast. Most recently, he was in Waterloo Road acting as the Head of Education :)

He had a nice voice. It sounds as though he's a theatre actor
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    The actor of DC Holt is Shaun Prendergast. Most recently, he was in Waterloo Road acting as the Head of Education :)

Another random fact DCI Irving (Colin McFarlane) is the guy who does the voice over for the game show The Cube :D
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on twitter has posted the outline of the story on twitter along with the killers name. I'm not posting any links or telling where to find it for the simple reason that I know how annoyed I am now I've found it as I really really want to know and read it! My friend read it and said it's ruined it for her now, but that it sounds amazing. The person who posted it claims to have very close and reliable inside knowledge. Sounds very convincing by all account.

GRRRR why would anyone try and spoil the outcome to a major story like this.

Ive read it but I would take *any* EE spoiler with a huge grain of salt - DTC has said only 4 people know who killed Lucy, including himself, and I highly doubt any of those 3 would intentionally or unintentionally leak anything regarding the killer - just my take on things
  • Options
    KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, I just wanted to post my theory and didn't know where to so just thought here will do.

First, I will tell you all the people involved in my theory. Nancy as the drug supplier, on behalf of Aunt Babe (did you remember the episode when Aunt Babe randomly wanted to start selling drugs, well it was the same day that Lucy's murder was announced!). I also think that Jake was the stalker who sent the picture of Max and Lucy to Max. Also, the person that messaged Lucy before she walked off the Square was Nancy - to sell some more drugs. I also noticed that Abi didn't feature in that episode whilst her friends Jay, Lola and Dexter did. Weird? So I think that off-screen, Abi confronted Max and she became angry and followed Lucy out of the Square. When Lucy met Nancy at the Common she also met Cora (another drug user). Nancy gives them the drugs and Clra heads off to do it in the car whilst Nancy and Lucy open a flat and a bottle of wine. Here, Abi steps out and confronts Lucy about the affair. Things get heated and they slap each other, hard. Nancy breaks it up and Abi leaves quietly and Lucy demands for more drugs. Nancy is hesitant but does so. As Abi walks out, Cora hides by driving to the back of the building. Lucy opens up to Nancy as they had became good friends. Lucy reaches the conclusion that life isn't worth living and threatens to jump off the balcony. At this point, Jake being a cabbie spots Lucy and gets out of the cab, walking towards her. Nancy tries to calm Lucy down and grabs her by the arms trying to pull her away but it is too late. Lucy suddenly collapses and tipples over the balcony and on to Cora's car. Nancy makes her way down as Jake rushes over to help Cora. They realise it is Lucy and Jake attempts to call the authorities but Cora refuses - as she doesn't want anyone to find out about her coke habit and also fears that she may be a suspect. After listening to Cora's pleas, Jake agrees to put Lucy in the car and drive off. Nancy is shocked to see Lucy gone. Cora and Jake clean the body up and stage a mugging. So what caused Lucy to collapse? Was it the extensive drug use? Did Abi slap her too hard and triggered a brain anuerysm? Did Nancy push her? My theory is that she suffered total body shutdown after starving herself since Max put her down various times. Neither Cora and Nancy know that the other is involved.

Well, that's my theory. It isn't perfect but I can see something like this happening. What do you think? :)
  • Options
    Olay257Olay257 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    This thread needs to be back...
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - She got a text from Jake and left the Square just after 8 and caught the bus on George Street to the Common. (Jay was on the bus)

- She met a drunk Jake who was looking for Lauren and took him back to the Square in a taxi driven by an unlicensed foreigner.

- She rowed with Billy for stealing from the chippie and was seen by Lee.

- She was found the following morning on the Common.

- Her purse and phone were taken in what looked like a mugging. It became known that she received trauma to the head and her body was moved. (she had already hit her head when she fell in Max's office earlier that week)

Alibis:

Ian was with Rainie.

Ronnie and Roxy were hosting a housewarming that anyone could have easily slipped out of. Aleks stayed at Roxy's. Jay bought bleach for the clean-up the following morning.

Peter was alone after overhearing Lucy/Ian.

Cindy saw Ian wasn't at the restaurant. Sharon also knows his alibi was false.

Max walked the dog. He claimed to see Jake with Lucy but possibly made it up and Abi helped him clean up the car lot where Lucy fell. He also got rid of the CCTV footage showing his argument with Lucy.

Whitney went for a walk...

Denise was home from Oxford, possible she left the house.

Ronnie was looking for Phil and Charlie followed her out of the pub.

Pool tournament was ongoing in the pub.

Revelations thus far:

Lauren met with the taxi driver who confirmed that Jake was too drunk to stand.

Abi blackmailed Max over his affair.

Lucy was taking coke, dealer is still unknown.

Whitney wrote a 'Rot in Hell' note because Lucy was cyberbullying her. Tam and Shabs know, Shabnam pocketed it.

Lucy's blood and an earring were found in Jake's flat.

Billy had access to Jake's flat as he was stealing their electricity.

There were photos of Lucy under Billy's fridge which he claimed belonged to Peter. Pam found them and he disposed of them in a binbag.

Jay was on the bus and has burnt the beanie hat he was wearing.

Ian's eyesight, did he miss something the night she died whilst he was out kerb-crawling?

Someone buried Lucy's phone and purse in Billy's allotment to frame him for her murder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its quite interesting reading back on this thread with the knowledge we have now. Plus we're due to find lots more out as there are plenty of unanswered questions
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    - She got a text from Jake and left the Square just after 8 and caught the bus on George Street to the Common. (Jay was on the bus)

- She met a drunk Jake who was looking for Lauren and took him back to the Square in a taxi driven by an unlicensed foreigner.

- She rowed with Billy for stealing from the chippie and was seen by Lee.

- She was found the following morning on the Common.

- Her purse and phone were taken in what looked like a mugging. It became known that she received trauma to the head and her body was moved. (she had already hit her head when she fell in Max's office earlier that week)

Alibis:

Ian was with Rainie.

Ronnie and Roxy were hosting a housewarming that anyone could have easily slipped out of. Aleks stayed at Roxy's. Jay bought bleach for the clean-up the following morning.

Peter was alone after overhearing Lucy/Ian.

Cindy saw Ian wasn't at the restaurant. Sharon also knows his alibi was false.

Max walked the dog. He claimed to see Jake with Lucy but possibly made it up and Abi helped him clean up the car lot where Lucy fell. He also got rid of the CCTV footage showing his argument with Lucy.

Whitney went for a walk...

Denise was home from Oxford, possible she left the house.

Ronnie was looking for Phil and Charlie followed her out of the pub.

Pool tournament was ongoing in the pub.

Revelations thus far:

Lauren met with the taxi driver who confirmed that Jake was too drunk to stand.

Abi blackmailed Max over his affair.

Lucy was taking coke, dealer is still unknown.

Whitney wrote a 'Rot in Hell' note because Lucy was cyberbullying her. Tam and Shabs know, Shabnam pocketed it.

Lucy's blood and an earring were found in Jake's flat.

Billy had access to Jake's flat as he was stealing their electricity.

There were photos of Lucy under Billy's fridge which he claimed belonged to Peter. Pam found them and he disposed of them in a binbag.

Jay was on the bus and has burnt the beanie hat he was wearing.

Ian's eyesight, did he miss something the night she died whilst he was out kerb-crawling?

Someone buried Lucy's phone and purse in Billy's allotment to frame him for her murder.

there is quite alot of subtle hints about Ian and his eyesight isnt there, the squinting, the glasses - none of this was done BEFORE Lucy was murdered so it doesnt make you wonder if its going to play a part in her death
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Whoever buried the phone is not the killer
  • Options
    vestachellesvestachelles Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    Found the thread!!

Can we talk about Jay's arrest a bit. How does it tie in with the whole thing?

The police were contacted, we're told, by an off-licence owner who was robbed on Good Friday. He'd seen the CCTV footage on the televised appeal and recognised the guy on the bus (wearing the beanie) as one of the robbers. We know that Jay was hiding (and set fire to) a the beanie hat, but that doesn't mean it was him wearing it.

Jay gets taken off for questioning and is subsequently arrested for the robbery. The police say that there was another robber who was wearing glasses (we're meant to think that was Ben).

In this extra scene from the Eastenders website the police tell Jay that they 'firmly believe' that he was one of the robbers. We're meant to think that they've come to that conclusion based entirely on the description of a young man given to them by the shopkeeper, but surely this can't be the case? You don't just get a description of a suspect and then say 'ah, that'll be this random Londoner' unless it includes a pretty distinguishing feature and that person is already known to the police. I think that there must be another reason they know. Perhaps another witness who actually knows Jay?

The extra scene also shows Ritchie Scott privately asking Jay if he'd committed the robbery, to which he replies 'it wasn't me'. It sounds to me like he knows who it was (alongside Ben). Or maybe he was there but trying to stop Ben?

Also, does anyone else think that Ritchie Scott and DI Keeble look like they're about to get off with each other in the clip? Wonder if there is anything between them.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Some good theories in this thread too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The original thread!!!!!! Oh how brilliant it is to look back on these theories with what we know now. 😂
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, I wish this thread had persevered! (Although the current big one is great. :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah its still great to look back at theories from 10 months ago. Some are so far off its unreal 😂😂😂