4 year old out side,riding her bike down the middle of the road,on her own.

imogenkateimogenkate Posts: 2,657
Forum Member
✭✭✭
firstly why is she on her own,secondly have the parents not taught her this may be dangerous and thirdly should she not be at home at this time.trying to get my child to sleep and its so annoying.>:(

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imogenkate wrote: »
    firstly why is she on her own,secondly have the parents not taught her this may be dangerous and thirdly should she not be at home at this time.trying to get my child to sleep and its so annoying.>:(

Call the police and social services, posting it on here has caused you to technically be responsible for her continued risk as you delayed the time on reporting it

but really kids aint that daft even at a young age, if we were we'd never exist as a species
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    That's fantastic good for her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    The parents are probably the type of people that thinks nothing bad will ever happen to their child, then when it does they'll expect everyone to feel sorry for them.
  • imogenkateimogenkate Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    Call the police and social services, posting it on here has caused you to technically be responsible for her continued risk as you delayed the time on reporting it

but really kids aint that daft even at a young age, if we were we'd never exist as a species

:o

but yes, i suppose you are right.it just seemed late for her age and she looks so small.i think i over reacted as i would like my child to go to sleep.

is it really usual to let 4 year olds out on their own?
    Forum Member
    :o

but yes, i suppose you are right.it just seemed late for her age and she looks so small.i think i over reacted as i would like my child to go to sleep.

well either her parents are keeping an eye on her out the window or they're not either way I cant see that it has any effect on your life
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VM123 wrote: »
    The parents are probably the type of people that thinks nothing bad will ever happen to their child, then when it does they'll expect everyone to feel sorry for them.

How often actually does someone who's not a family member steal/molest a kid? its pretty rare as a percentage, if the kid is reasonably road savvy then they'll probably be all right
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    well either her parents are keeping an eye on her out the window or they're not either way I cant see that it has any effect on your life

If they're watching her through the window, why let her bike down the middle of the road? People are allowed to be concerned about other people who don't have an effect on their life..
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be a quiet road or your child would sleep through the noise of a pedal bike.

My 2 year old granddaughter run to the back of her daddies van to help him carry shopping... she was nude.. We didn't panic or anything.. We are all going to hell now :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it's completely normal to let a 4 year old out on its own playing in the road after dark... if you're a negligent crackhead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How often actually does someone who's not a family member steal/molest a kid? its pretty rare as a percentage, if the kid is reasonably road savvy then they'll probably be all right

i was thinking more of cars really as she was weaving about in the middle of the road.and a long way from her house so her parents can not have been keeping an eye.

she has gone in now,so no harm came to her.just an over reaction i expect from me due to wanting my child to go to sleep. :D
    Forum Member
    If they're watching her through the window, why let her bike down the middle of the road? People are allowed to be concerned about other people who don't have an effect on their life..

most parents do unless they live on the M25 otherwise they scratch parked cars
    Forum Member
    i was thinking more of cars really as she was weaving about in the middle of the road.and a long way from her house so her parents can not have been keeping an eye.

she has gone in now,so no harm came to her.just an over reaction i expect from me due to wanting my child to go to sleep. :D

you must be one stressed anxious person if things like that stop your child from going to sleep, clearly you don't live on a busy road or an estate where people are throwing ragers
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, lets wrap all kids up in cotton-wool and store them in a cupboard to prevent them from experiencing anything that resembles a normal active childhood.
  • MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Meh, assuming you don't live on the M25 I don't think 4 is that young to be out peddling.

Plus, unless she is riding a motorcycle I fail to see why that would stop you from getting your own child to sleep.
    Forum Member
    Must be a quiet road or your child would sleep through the noise of a pedal bike.

My 2 year old granddaughter run to the back of her daddies van to help him carry shopping... she was nude.. We didn't panic or anything.. We are all going to hell now :(

you and me both mine are always in the road its amazing how they learn to get into the side or on the pavement once they've been hit by a few cars going 70mph down the cul de sac anyone would think I live on a drag strip
    Forum Member

well that child clearly isnt road savvy. and yes its rare but it happens. Anything could happen to a 4 year old out alone at gone half 7. I don't believe in wrapping children up in cotton wool but come on, there are some limits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that child clearly isnt road savvy. and yes its rare but it happens. Anything could happen to a 4 year old out alone at gone half 7. I don't believe in wrapping children up in cotton wool but come on, there are some limits

i must admit i did keep an eye out till she went in. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the problem is we're talking about a kid we personally know nothing about and have to make assumptions, could be that theres parents/family both sides of the road watching
    Forum Member

why do you believe that, did you witness how she reacted when she saw a car approach? Kids are taught to play in the middle of the road when cycling so they don't damage parked cars and to get into the side when they see a car coming. Loads of kids cycle in their cul de sacs. I am sure like most neighbourhoods there are street lights, when I was young that was when we had to go home when the street lights came on and we were trusted to play from one end of our cul de sac to another at 4 and 5
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she wearing a helmet?
    Has she paid road tax?
    Did she have lights?
    Did she run over any guide dogs?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Was she wearing a helmet?
    Has she paid road tax?
    Did she have lights?
    Did she run over any guide dogs?

No helmet,no lights.and no also to the running over of guide dogs.just one little girl out,in my opinion too late,screeching ,having fun and keeping my child awake.i over reacted.
    Forum Member
    No helmet,no lights.and no also to the running over of guide dogs.just one little girl out,in my opinion too late,screeching ,having fun and keeping my child awake.i over reacted.

her having fun was keeping your child awake. No I would imagine your neurotic antics are keeping your child awake, a calm mother generally equates to a calm relaxed child perhaps you should get some tips off the 4 year olds mother
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Probably wine o clock for the parents.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her having fun was keeping your child awake. No I would imagine your neurotic antics are keeping your child awake, a calm mother generally equates to a calm relaxed child perhaps you should get some tips off the 4 year olds mother

Neurotic antics?:D worrying about a small child out on her own?

Or worrying about the small window I have to get my son to sleep ,before his drug to make him sleep wears off, and we are up for the night?
    Forum Member
    why do you believe that, did you witness how she reacted when she saw a car approach? Kids are taught to play in the middle of the road when cycling so they don't damage parked cars and to get into the side when they see a car coming. Loads of kids cycle in their cul de sacs. I am sure like most neighbourhoods there are street lights, when I was young that was when we had to go home when the street lights came on and we were trusted to play from one end of our cul de sac to another at 4 and 5

when i was 4, i cycled down the path. And my 4 year old niece would never be allowed to cycle down the middle of the road alone at that time. It only takes a second for a car to come up, and anything could happen. I am just giving my opinion.. I wouldn't feel comfortable about it if it was my child.