This NO vote will haunt the Scots for hundreds of years to come

jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The No 's won it clear and simple , however in years to come this NO vote will haunt the Scots for hundreds of years especially whenever the Tories grab overall UK power and suck the life out of the decent Scots.

What we have at present is a harnessed Tory Cameron government , could you imagine a Cameron Tory government with a majority. What this NO vote has opened is a likely scenario of a future Tories lording over Scotland with unpopular anti Scottish policies .

When I woke up and seen the result my initial reaction was what in hell have the Scots done to themselves?

However, they have made their bed and they can lie in it for hundreds of years to come.

I hope the No's regret every single second of Westminster rule over their affairs.

Comments

• FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The yes campaign lost, deal with it.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »
    The No 's won it clear and simple , however in years to come this NO vote will haunt the Scots for hundreds of years especially whenever the Tories grab overall UK power and suck the life out of the decent Scots.

What we have at present is a harnessed Tory Cameron government , could you imagine a Cameron Tory government with a majority. What this NO vote has opened is a likely scenario of a future Tories lording over Scotland with unpopular anti Scottish policies .

When I woke up and seen the result my initial reaction was what in hell have the Scots done to themselves?

However, they have made their bed and they can lie in it for hundreds of years to come.

I hope the No's regret every single second of Westminster rule over their affairs.
    Is there a yawn smiley
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*Yawn*

The biggest regret I'm having at the moment is people who were in favour of a Yes refusing to accept the democratic will of the Scottish people or simply whinging on and on ad infinitum.
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't, those of us who voted Yes shouldn't want to suffer with them :D
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Yawn*

The biggest regret I'm having at the moment is people who were in favour of a Yes refusing to accept the democratic will of the Scottish people or simply whinging on and on ad infinitum.

I have accepted the democratic vote , what I haven't accepted is Scottish stupidity in believing Westminster's promises or vows.
  • ZeraseZerase Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    You can't always get the result you want in an election.

The Liberal Democrats are massively popular with the electorate where I am, yet they will never have a majority ever. Yet nobody calling for Scottish independence was keen on us going it alone to avoid unpopular Labour or SNP governments ruling us.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have accepted the democratic vote , what I haven't accepted is Scottish stupidity in believing Westminster's promises or vows.

that's tough titties laddie :p
  • Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, if they don't deliver we can always leave😡
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But you were prepared to believe Salmond's promises hmmm both politicians with agendas and promises they couldn't keep, EU, currency etc
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    The No 's won it clear and simple...

You are spot on with that observation, I agree. Well done for noticing it.
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    *Yawn*

What do you expect from them they whinge every time a Conservative government gets in , I just don't think some Scots believe in democracy unless they get the result they want
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if they don't deliver we can always leave😡

If they don't deliver, are you saying you would change your views on staying in the Union?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    What do you expect from them they whinge every time a Conservative government gets in , I just don't think some Scots believe in democracy unless they get the result they want

You do realise Scots if a Labour government gets in next year England as a country won't have voted for them therefore should we start moaning about that?
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the Scots will be haunted by it considering their history, just imagine if the Scottish diaspora had been able to vote? and the none Scottish people in Scotland couldnt!
    The result would have been likely a landslide yes! Orkney and Shetland being the exception of course!
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Scottish stupidity? I mean this in the nicest possible way but the majority of Yes supporters I encountered did not strike me as the most politically clued in people Ive ever met, or remotely knowledgeable about modern economic realities.

A section of your support now seems to be on quests to boycott the BBC licence fee or claiming massive electoral fraud which are not really what I would call either intelligent or mature actions.
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    You do realise Scots if a Labour government gets in next year England as a country won't have voted for them therefore should we start moaning about that?

To their mind that would be a fair result as Scotland got what it wanted and bugger everyone else
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    But you were prepared to believe Salmond's promises hmmm both politicians with agendas and promises they couldn't keep, EU, currency etc

Well, we won't know that now though for sure will we? Were you not saying on another thread that you wished Yes had won so you could see Scotland turn into North Korea or something? Kind of shows where your opinions originate from...

What we will know for sure though is whether Westminster will deliver on their promises or not.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    The yes campaign lost, deal with it.

However, many No voters would have gone and voted Yes if they had known in advance that the very first thing that Cameron would do after the historic vote would betray his unconditional pledge to Scotland for more devolved powers by cynically trying to delay it and to link it with English constitutional changes. That is a wholly deceitful and mendacious thing to do (Cameron = liar who lied to get a No vote and there is something very wrong indeed with that action).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geemonkee wrote: »
    Well, we won't know that now though for sure will we? Were you not saying on another thread that you wished Yes had won so you could see Scotland turn into North Korea or something? Kind of shows where your opinions originate from...

What we will know for sure though is whether Westminster will deliver on their promises or not.

So you think Salmond would have got you into EU and got you the pound with a currency deal?

I said it would have been interesting to have seen how Scotland would have gone, maybe in a North/South Korea style who knows anything could have happened.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    If media photos are to be taken at face value, it seems that the only people to vote YES, were pretty young females.

Maybe if guys & ordinary looking women had voted, YES might have won.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you'd voted Yes, then it would have been Scorrish stupidity in believing Salmond's promises and vows. The Yes campaign was built on lies and fantasy, not reality.

A currency union, instant EU entry with opt-outs, no border controls, endless supplies of oil that will pay for everything etc... Did you seriously believe all that stuff was going to happen? If you'd voted Yes, you'd quickly have found out you'd have been lied to on a bigger scale than Westminster could ever manage!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member

I wouldn't put it as dramatically as that, especially about hundreds of years hence.

But yes, the Scots can not now complain about Westminster or the way it will influence and govern their country (albeit with a buffering effect afforded by the Scottish parliament) in the future.
    They voted to stay in the club, they must abide by what the rest of the club tells them to do.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However, many No voters would have gone and voted Yes if they had known in advance that the very first thing that Cameron would do after the historic vote would betray his unconditional pledge to Scotland for more devolved powers by cynically trying to delay it and to link it with English constitutional changes. That is a wholly deceitful and mendacious thing to do (Cameron = liar who lied to get a No vote and there is something very wrong indeed with that action).

I agree with that if Scotland had gone independent they would have voted in people who would give them what they want with their own money if they didnt like what SNP were offering, come 2016.
    It would also have meant that Westminster dealing with only England, NI and Wales would have had to sort something out for the English anyway, as the current system would have meant that a UK without Scotland always having a Tory government and everyone who doesnt support Tories would have demanded change, which the Tories would have had to concede to or there would have been a riot!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    As far as personal conscience is in the question, I guess the Yes voters are in an enviable position. Is there such a thing as self-schadenfreude?

They can sigh and say "Ah well, at least we tried".
    The No voters (I expect) will be pretty disenchanted and sheepish when Westminster craps on them from high, as is bound to happen when Cameron reneges on the farcical unsubstantiated promises he made at the eleventh hour.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    As far as personal conscience is in the question, I guess the Yes voters are in an enviable position. Is there such a thing as self-schadenfreude?

They can sigh and say "Ah well, at least we tried".
    The No voters (I expect) will be pretty disenchanted and sheepish when Westminster craps on them from high, as is bound to happen when Cameron reneges on the farcical unsubstantiated promises he made at the eleventh hour.

I very sincerely hope that in the 2015 general election that the lone Scottish Tory MP is voted out and that the 15 Conservative MSPs are decimated in the 2016 Scottish parliamentary election as payback for Cameron's outright deceit and contempt for the No voters who preserved the United Kingdom as it is.