Only One Outcome On Saturday?

gettygetty Posts: 3,480
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sadly, I think it's going to be Egwok, it's the Will and Gareth scenario again, only this time, it'll go in favour of the young teen over the best singer, Alex. The only reason being, Alexandra is a female and she'll not get as many votes. I know Leona Lewis beat Ray Quinn, but Leona was getting the most votes every week, unlike Alex. I hope I'm totally wrong, but I think he'll walk it.:(

Comments

• OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly I think you may be right, but I would love to see an upset and JLS win. They will all 3 get signed though but unlike last year, expect debut albums out within 3 months.............the mums and grannies will by hyperventilating at the thought of an Eggnog album for Mother`s Day :eek::eek:
  • jaybsjaybs Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What annoys me is that it is only a year or so ago that Cowell claimed there should only be ONE WINNER! as it devalued the competition, how many of the last four contestants in this years X Factor may Cowell sign? it has become a Pantomime or Farce! - an excuse for one man to control music in the UK.

Lets hope that RickRoll may see Rick Astley be the Christmas Number One!
  • shamrock_dancershamrock_dancer Posts: 2,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait for Eoghan to win. It would serve Simon Right
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the runner-up and third place may be more successful than the winner anyway so it matters not if Eggnog wins - he may even get beaten to the No 1 by the gorgeous Geraldine and that would be the final embarrassment for Simon Cowell :eek::D I just can`t see the point in wasting money voting to be honest (not that I would anyway);)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Alex will win, 100%.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don`t think she will.................she is like Rhydian was last year - the "finished article". I think people will vote for the "raw talent" of Eggnog. Voters tend to prefer that to someone who already has star quality.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I don`t think she will.................she is like Rhydian was last year - the "finished article". I think people will vote for the "raw talent" of Eggnog. Voters tend to prefer that to someone who already has star quality.

"raw talent" - is it possible to use the word "talent in the same sentence as Eggnog?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    "raw talent" - is it possible to use the word "talent in the same sentence as Eggnog?

.....lol - well yes I do use the term "talent" loosely when it comes to Eggnog :D
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God, sweeping statement.............IIRC Rhydian did get a good few million votes, so 'the voters' can not be lumped together as you suggest.
    Forum Member
    No because she has been built up very carefully, to avoid her peeking too early, and evolving during the show from subdued girl to outgoing star.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Sadly, I think it's going to be Egwok, it's the Will and Gareth scenario again, only this time, it'll go in favour of the young teen over the best singer, Alex. The only reason being, Alexandra is a female and she'll not get as many votes. I know Leona Lewis beat Ray Quinn, but Leona was getting the most votes every week, unlike Alex. I hope I'm totally wrong, but I think he'll walk it.:(

No-one outside the show knows for a fact who's been getting the most votes each week but if rumours are to be believed Alex has overtaken Eoghan in the past couple of weeks.

I'd be prepared to bet big money on JLS coming third but I wouldn't like to predict the outcome between the other two. This year I really think it could come down to the performances on the night...
  • xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And how do we know this? Are the voting figures published?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    .....lol - well yes I do use the term "talent" loosely when it comes to Eggnog :D

Eggnog?????
    Talent????????????
    I agree with Satnavvy :D
    PMSL.. :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I cannot wait for Eoghan to win. It would serve Simon Right

But why should the rest of us suffer?
    Forum Member
    But why should the rest of us suffer?
    How would it to make you suffer? Unless you make yourself listen to music that you don't like :eek:
  • RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought Eoghan gave the best overall performances last week. Alex might have been better vocally (though I heard her hit at least one bum note) but for overall entertainment and enjoyment, I thought he was the best. (Really good song choices that he delivered well and they got the stage peripherals around him pretty right too.) If he does the same this week I think he'll win on merit. Just judged over the final two weeks, mind. JLS have also been better with their last few perfs. All down to Saturday's performances, methinks.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think JLS will win!! It's not my choice but I think they may nick it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think JLS will win!! It's not my choice but I think they may nick it...

And if they do.. GOOD.

It's about time we had a group win :D
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eoghan will be announced as going into the final 2 first to cause a big shock. Then between Alex and JLS and JLS will leave.

Alex vs. Eoghan...

Think Alex may steal it when people realise he is a talentless moose.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, I think it's going to be Egwok

Lmfao :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS will win IMO. They wanna get a group to win this year. Alex'll be third.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Damn you Cowell, I was lulled into thinking the result had something to do with talent. Eggnog is sooo appalling that he would be the winner this series deserves.
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eoghan IS a good singer. Year 3000 was actually a good performance.
  • Mrs DoodlesMrs Doodles Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope I'm totally wrong, but I think he'll walk it.:(

Hate to say but i think your right i think Eoghan will win even though i would love it to be alex people aren't voting for Eoghan for the right reasons :( :mad:
  • beast1982beast1982 Posts: 5,350
    Forum Member
    And how do we know this? Are the voting figures published?

I work in the media. A friend of mine is a successful producer who has worked on, amongst other things, X factor - 3 series (before this one) He has said that in all 3 series, the leona and ray final was the closest and that it was so close, they thought at one point that Ray had won